Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-16, 08:01

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning.......

i'm bAAAAaaaack
a nice 5.7 lb gain from my weekend away, and i earned every pound
but it could have been MUCH worse if i had not walked every day, multiple times a day....up & down the boardwalk
the weather was just AMAZING
my husband's gig saturday night went very well

PEGGY......so sorry about your husband's medical issues. you can lead a man to low-carb but you can't make them eat!!
my son puts all my CN food in a locked cabinet and will only open it for me on that night.......would your hubby have a fit if you did something like that? even if it is for his own good
and what is up with the medical field? they are getting worse & worse. last month i got an $85 bill in the mail for a Rx i never took from a doc i never heard of

a shout out to PAULETTE ROX SUZI and MEME
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-16, 08:20

Cool good morning all!!

i had a nice 2.8 WHOOSH this morning.....well on my way back to where i wanna be
i hope the scale is kind this morning

have a great day!!!!!
  #333   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-16, 09:50
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Man, what a roller coaster ride. The angiogram they did yesterday morning showed NO BLOCKAGES after all. They said a really big man like Lance can cause false shadows on the stress test images. In fact, they said his arteries really had little build up at all! I told him he could thank my 7 years of low-carb cooking for that bit of good news. Both his PCP and cardio doc have been wanting to do an angiogram on him for ages but Lance kept putting them off. So now they have one and it's on their records for a base point.

They let him come home last night late. But all this was a wake-up call for him, I think, so maybe he'll start the walking with me, MAYBE. I like your idea of locking up the carbs Sunday through Friday, Chrissie. Or maybe I can just hide them somewhere.

I'm back down to 180.4 today, so down 1.8#. All my bounce is gone plus one. I'm thinking getting off the Metoprolol may be a factor here. Losing may be getting a bit easier now. Two good losses back to back like that hasn't happened to date on CNS. And I even had 3 sodium-laden foods yesterday without that causing a water bounce for me.
  #334   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-16, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 170.0/165.6/150.0 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 22%

good day ladies. I do peek to see how you are doing. Since there seem to only be two posting here it is not easy to obtain any commonality in this plan. Carb Nite Solutions still appears tantalizing for me later on. I will continue to read here and learn as much as I am able to. Thank you.
  #335   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 06:58

Cool good morning all!!

PEGGY......i have to have my son lock it up......i can't hide my own food; i'd know where it is!!
i'm so glad the angiogram showed no blockages
hopefully lance DID get that wake up call......and it's nice to have a walking buddy

SUZI.......one of our group is on vacation, and the other is on a leave of absence; otherwise there would be more participants for you to get feedback from

LADIES.....i heard from paulette; she is going through some stuff and will be back when she is feeling up to it. she said to say "hello"

have a happy hump day!
  #336   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 07:55
Patience Personified

Bounced up a pound today, likely from sodium in the steak and sauteed veggies we ate out last night. H2O chug-a-lug time for this girlie. Have a GREAT day everyone!
  #337   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 08:00
Patience Personified

Man, I'm swearing off bacon and cheese. I consumed both yesterday and I bounced up to 182.2! A gain of .8! I just can't lose weight PERIOD when I eat cheese and bacon on the same day. So today, I fried 3 fairly small eggs for breakie and that was it!

It's a pretty day today, albeit hot and muggy STILL. I just hate Texas weather in the summer and early fall.
  #338   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 15:12

Cool well hello there....

PEGGY.....oh i just LOVE bacon & land-o-lakes american cheese
i hope your bounces fall away quickly

shout outs to the rest of you!!!

have a good evening/night people Zzzzzzzzzz
  #339   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 17:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Ladies!

I am back from vacation and had a wonderful time. The scale was not nice to me at all. I gained 13.5 pounds from being off 8 days. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and how much of it I wanted. NO REGRETS!

Back on plan on Monday, and in 3 days I have lost 8 pounds of the 13.5. My body loves to gain a ton of water and then thankfully loses it fast also.

Hi Chrissie!
Thanks for letting us know you heard from Paulette. Thinking of her and sending positive vibes/thoughts her way.

Geezzz Peggy, I thought you were going to be able to get by with more sodium now that you are on the new meds. Darn!

Hi suzi13939
Have you read the book? I would start there if not. We are a small group here that encourage one another, try to post what is working, or not working for us. We are learning as we go. Welcome to the group.

Rox
  #340   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-16, 07:00

Cool good morning ladies! tGif!!

ROX......welcome back!!!!!!!!
i am glad you had a wonderful vacation
you do vacation like i do vacation......off plan with no guilt!
we also seem to lose the same way afterwards. you know what? we ROCK
way to go on your loss....8 lbs in 3 days is AMAZING!!! only 5.5 to go

i am down 0.9 this morning, and have lost all of last weekend's mini-vaca gain plus a little extra

HAVE A GREAT DAY WOMEN! KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT
  #341   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 07:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning Ladies!
Happy Saturday.

Thanks Chrissie.

Wow, nice to see that you lost the weight from the mini vaca and a little more. Congrats!

I gained 1.0 this morning, 3 cups of chicken broth might be my undoing. Oh well. I did not have leg cramps last night so that is a plus. I have been losing water weight so fast, 9 pounds in 4 days was to much for my body. So, I tried a pickle on Thursday, (that didn't work) and then 3 cups of broth yesterday, (this worked) and was able to sleep for the first time for the week without getting up every hour on the hour with cramps in my feet, legs, and calfs.

I take prescription potassium, magnesium, and calcium daily. So, I know that the issue is just losing the water weight to fast for my body.

So, I have decided not to do the 10 day reorientation and to have my CN again today. I still have 5.5 of my 13.5 I gained from 8 day vacation gain. Mistake? Okay? Who knows. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone.
  #342   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 07:26

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 100/100/99 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Your New Friend Mel

Good morning, everyone! I'm Mel. A week or two ago, I found the first Carb Nite thread here, which started around February. It's 65 pages long, you guys!!! =) I've been reading from the start, and am on page 38 or so. That takes me to mid-April (edit - I'd said March), and apparently there are a bunch of threads that came after that. I do plan to keep reading until I catch up to current, so that I can learn from your experiences. Wasn't planning to introduce myself until I was done, but that's kinda silly - don'cha think? So - Hi!

Before this, I had gone 3 years without dieting or weighing, and truly never planned to go on a diet again. I'd done so many over a lifetime, diets had stopped working. (The most recent I tried was Weight Watchers for about 6 months, but I did Atkins many many years ago.) I figured I'd blown out my metabolism, and should just get off the yo-yo once and for all.

Then three weeks ago today, I decided to stop drinking. (I'd been quit for a year and a half, then started again for 6 months or so, and was drinking WAY too much wine every night. So it was time to stop it.) "And while I'm at it", I thought, "maybe I'll go low-carb. But not all the time - maybe just 5 nights a week. Then I can eat whatever I want 2 nites a week. I wonder if anyone's ever had success with that?" Didn't know if it would help me lose any weight, but I was just eating so much sugar and crap that I thought it would be good to curb it. So I googled and found that mixing low-carb days and high-carb days is "a thing!" that is called "carb cycling". Then I googled "carb cycling" to find more info and came upon Carb Nite Solution, read all I could, and I'm right back on the diet hope wagon. At least this is something that doesn't seem like torture to do forever, which I cannot say about WW! I like what I'm eating, and it fits easily in my lifestyle.

So I've been doing it for 20 days, and tonight will be my third Carb Nite - one at 10 days, then 2 at 5 days, to get me to a Saturday. Now I'll do Saturday or Sunday most weeks going forward unless there's an "occasion". I've read the book.

I still do not and will not weigh. I occasionally try measuring my waist, but I'm not sure how to do it right and always get different spots, so the measurements don't tell me anything. I'm guessing I'm somewhere around 250 or 260 lbs, and I wear a 2x top. My jeans are size 20, and were starting to get a bit tight. They're much more comfortable now, after almost 3 weeks eating this way, and I'm happy just judging by that. I spent a LONG time at 18 before going to 20, and have a lot of nice pants in that size. I'm very anxious to get back there!

Another in the "won't" category is "I won't count calories or anything other than carbs", so my progress won't be quite as fast as I'm sure it could be, but that's okay. I did keep a list of what I ate the first five days or so, and figured out the calories just to get an idea. I probably eat around 1900 calories on a PF day, and about 15 g carb. Carb Nite I'm not even considering guessing how many cals. I went from "I'll never diet again! PERIOD!" to "maybe I'll cut carbs to get away from so much sugar" to "let's do Carb Nite and hopefully by the end of the year I may be able to wear my size 18s again and if I stick there, so be it". I'm good with that thought process. Someday perhaps, once my body heals from all the crap I've put it through for 47 years, I'll become more focused in an attempt to get back into "regular" sizes and not have to try to find nice stuff in the Plus section. If it doesn't happen naturally from what I'm doing, if I have to purposely reduce calories or something, I'll think about that down the line.

I'm a 47 year old (birthday was June. I decided to get into better shape by 50) software developer at a bank, married 28 years to a wonderful man, no kids. We have 6 cats named Mufkin, Calie, Lugh, Pinky, Sebastian, and Garmin.

Tonight's Carb Nite'll start with two giant marshmallows to get rolling without fat, then deep dish pizza for dinner, a couple donuts as a snack , and a little bowl of oatmeal before bed.

Whelp, that's my opening babble! Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by mlroman : Sat, Sep-17-16 at 07:33.
  #343   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 10:43
Patience Personified

Wecome to our little CNS group, Mel. And a big CONGRATS! on the dropping drinking on your own. You can sure be proud of that! I've been a yo-yo dieter since my 30's, WW, low-fat, low-cal, Paleo, Atkins, and when those all quit working for me, I started CNS April 17th. I'm a notorious turtle loser. But I average 1-1.5# loss a week on this WOE and I'm pleased it's steady. As you say, it's sure not torture like WW and all the rest of the "organized" diets.

Some do much better than I on CNS, but a turtle is a turtle. I also was dealing with chronic stress after my Dad died in 2004, as Mom was diagnosed with dementia/AD a year later. I was trying to manage/oversee her healthcare long distance to San Antonio (2 hrs away) and it caused cortisol levels off the chart at every check. My brother, a classic type-A personality, was driving me nuts during the ensuing 10 years as I tried to care for Mom (he lived in Seattle, so I had the lion's share of that responsibility). So my weight loss and cortisol issues were not just medication. Sadly, those stresses have both passed away now, one in 2014 (cancer) and Mom in 2015.

I've lost 20# since starting CNS and would like to lose 29 more, so it'll be awhile at the rate I'm going. I weigh daily but do not measure, track food intake anymore (did for 2 months though). I just eat as low carb as I can and it averages around 10 g. carbs per day (often less) on a PF day. I just can't lose if I eat the 30g per day Keifer says is OK, not even on 20g can I lose. I literally don't care what the carb count is on CN.

I'm a retired French teacher and married also to a retired world history teacher. Been retired since 2002 (retired at age 54). We live in Central Texas, near Austin, with a 12# rat terrier, Button. She's my cyber persona and "owner" of my blog and us.
  #344   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-16, 18:47

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 100/100/99 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 0%

What a cute doggie, Peggy! And thank you for the welcome!

Yeah, the stress that seems to go on and on can really be tough on your body in a lot of ways. I've had a lot of stress, too, and among other problems have an eye issue that they say is linked to high cortisol levels (central serous retinopathy. Fun fun fun).

Nothing wrong with turtle-speed losses! I was looking at the body.io FaceBook page, and one of the main authors there, Coach Dain, said "On setting realistic timelines for your goals, please take into consideration the amount of time it has taken you to create your current body composition, hormonal profile and digestive environment. If it's taken you years to get where you are, it will likely take you months to simply position yourself (hormonally, digestively, etc.) to lose weight. With the right mindset and timeline anything is attainable, just try not to be one of those people who is always searching for the magic bullet instead of being consistent day-to-day with the habits that matter." Reminds us just how complex these bodies of ours are!

(And by the way - I started Carb Nite tonight with Honey Nut Cherios instead of marshmallows. And I'm going to have a few more Carb Nites that are 5 days apart, because we're doing a riverboat dinner cruise on Thursday. =) Which means Thurs and Tues, then to my weekend day each week.)

Last edited by mlroman : Sat, Sep-17-16 at 18:59.
  #345   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 06:30
Patience Personified

Thanks, Mel. Button's a sweetie. Oooooo. A river boat cruise. Sounds like so much fun! Hope your CN bounce will be small than. Cheerios in lieu of marshmallows may have cinched that.