Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 20:47
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Regular Hellman's/Best Foods mayo has a few carbs. The FDA law allows manufacturers to print 0 on the label if the count is less than 0.5g. It's okay to count it as 0g carbs if you don't use more than the suggested serving listed on the label (1 Tablespoonful). If you use a cup of it in a recipe, though, then the carb count would be about 8g carbs.

You might choose "Salad dressing, mayonnaise, soybean oil, with salt" from the list. The Hellman's/Best Foods I use is made with soybean oil. Even for the kind that claims to be made with olive oil, the majority of the oil used to make the mayo is still soybean oil. Check the ingredients on the label of the type you use.
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-11, 19:00
Registered Member

Plan: 50-100 carbs/day
Stats: 255/222/165 Female 6 ft
BF:
Progress: 37%

I'd like to be able to add values to my daily total without having to create a food entry. In other words, I know the muffin I just ate has 50 g carbs and 16 g fat, and I'd like to add those numbers quickly, without having to create a new food 'muffin' and the charts and assign serving sizes, etc. Just an editable line or two where I can plug in a bit of a description and the numbers, and have them add to my daily totals.
  #318   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 01:00

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

What about the ability to enter multiple exercise activities on one day? For example, today I took a walk and lifted weights. I entered the walk, then entered the weights, and the weights entry recorded over the walk entry, which leads me to believe right now I can only enter one activity per day. I know there's also the gym logs, but it would be nice to have the exercise data with the food data, imo. Thanks!
  #319   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 09:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZigeuner
What about the ability to enter multiple exercise activities on one day? For example, today I took a walk and lifted weights. I entered the walk, then entered the weights, and the weights entry recorded over the walk entry, which leads me to believe right now I can only enter one activity per day. I know there's also the gym logs, but it would be nice to have the exercise data with the food data, imo. Thanks!

Not sure if I understood you correctly, but it does that already. You should be able to see today's multiple sessions in your summary page.

Wa'il
  #320   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 14:59

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Not sure if I understood you correctly, but it does that already. You should be able to see today's multiple sessions in your summary page.

Wa'il

Oops, sorry, you're right. I don't know what happened yesterday. Probably user-error! thanks
  #321   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-11, 14:41
One Day At a Time

Plan: Mod. Atkins
Stats: 225/225/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello> Just thought it may be a good idea to add splenda to your food list as I feel it is a widely used product by low-carbers.
Also is there a place to log water or am I missing that?
  #322   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-11, 22:29
Never Give Up!

BF:

There are 3 selections that will come up if you do a search for water on My P.L.A.N. You can choose "water, municipal" (which is tap water), or select between 2 brands of bottled water.

Splenda is easily added to your list as a Custom Food. The calorie and carb count will vary somewhat, depending on the form of the product you use. I prefer to use one of the brands of liquid sucralose, which has no carbs or calories. They have to be purchased online, however.

HTH!
  #323   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 18:33
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 285/265/230 Male 6feet 1inch
BF:
Progress: 36%

I really want to give this a try. I always used fitday before but I love this forum and want to support it. But I hope it gets a little more user friendly and should have a better data base on what LC are using these days. Like Splenda is not even in there. Can you please add more options on portion size to make it easier to add new foods.
  #324   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 18:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
There are 3 selections that will come up if you do a search for water on My P.L.A.N. You can choose "water, municipal" (which is tap water), or select between 2 brands of bottled water.

Splenda is easily added to your list as a Custom Food. The calorie and carb count will vary somewhat, depending on the form of the product you use. I prefer to use one of the brands of liquid sucralose, which has no carbs or calories. They have to be purchased online, however.

HTH!

I just tried to add Splenda but when I said 1g carbs it kept saying like 40grams when I saved it. Will have to play with it more I guess. Should not be hard l
  #325   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 19:51
Never Give Up!

BF:

Post if you have difficulty. I'll probably be around until late tonight, and I'll be happy to help if I can.
  #326   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 11:18
Registered Member

BF:

ok figured it out !!!!
  #327   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-12, 16:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

I'd like to be sure that any suggestion I make has not been made before and rejected. Is there a list of "top rejected requests" I can view, rather than use the site's search function and just hope I hit on the right combination of keywords?
  #328   ^
Old Mon, May-20-13, 06:46

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 167.5/151.5/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default A possible "Bulk items" streamlining suggestion?

Hi, Webmaster --

When making a bulk entry, I often come across new ingredients I want to add to my custom foods (so that I can add them to recipe lists and ingredient lists, and now, to bulk entries).

To leave "bulk entries" and do this, unless I open a new window and try to do it that way, I must leave the entry I was making. When I come back to the bulk entry title I was working on, I CANNOT EDIT IT TO ADD INGREDIENTS WITHOUT MAKING A WHOLE NEW ONE, and that takes too much time. I have to either throw it all out and start over again, or just add the new ingredient separately.

I wonder if adjusting the program so that we can edit the bulk entries once we've started them -- as we can do with recipes when we want to change them -- might positively address this issue without defeating some other purpose that I can't think of at this moment? It certainly would make things easier for me as I'm always trying to streamline the number of steps it takes to fill out my daily plan.

That would be so appreciated. Thank you.
  #329   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-13, 08:39
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I would love, love, love the ability to copy one day's entry to another day. Most days I eat almost identically with just small changes here and there.
  #330   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-13, 12:27

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 167.5/151.5/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Can we please make it easier to add foods to YESTERDAY"s Daily Entry chart?

Me too! Thanks for the great idea, Nancy.

I'd also love the ability to store as many foods as I'd like in the very handy "favorites" list. The way things are right now, sometimes I have to hunt on two or three lists before I find the custom ingredient I want to add to my recipe or to my daily food list.

I also would like the option of being able to add any food from any list to YESTERDAY'S menu!!! OFTEN I FORGET TO FILL OUT MY FOOD CHART -- OR, I'M OUT FOR DINNER AND COME HOME AND FALL ASLEEP BEFORE FILLING OUT WHAT I ATE. Then, the next day, it is doubly hard to go back and fill it out because for every single item I've a whole bunch of clicks to get to yesterday's page.