Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Counting calories on CAD/CALP?????

Does anyone count calories? Just wondering if I should, to keep my calories in check.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 05:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I don't count anything, but Pat counts calories and I have friends who do CALP but count carbs too.
I'm sure Pat will be chiming in here-
E
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 09:47

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpah11
Does anyone count calories? Just wondering if I should, to keep my calories in check.

I began to after I hit a long plateau. I realized I had no clue about portion size any longer, and began to use a daily calorie limit to help me get portions under control.

It worked I still eat per calp principles as to what I eat, how often I eat, meal composition (i.e. what a balanced reward meal should be).
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 12:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thanks ladies! I figured at some point I will also have to count calories...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 20:56

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just started, and I sure hope I never have to count calories. I am so SICK of counting calories. That is part of the beauty of low carb for me--NOT counting calories!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-15, 17:47
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 218.2/170.6/155 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 75%

I count my bites on CAD, that is how I lost 70 lbs. It is very similar to calorie counting just a different way of counting.

It limits my portions in my Reward Meal and CM without having to worry about the calories in each certain thing.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-10-15, 22:12
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahna
I count my bites on CAD, that is how I lost 70 lbs. It is very similar to calorie counting just a different way of counting.

It limits my portions in my Reward Meal and CM without having to worry about the calories in each certain thing.

Hi Ahna,
What amount of bites are you allowing yourself? Are they broken down by type of food (fat, protein, carb)?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-11-15, 06:39
Registered Member

BF:

Hi I am doing 6 bites protein and "free" vegetables and salad ingredients for CM meal(s) (up to 2 cups veggies at each CM meal) lettuce does not count.

1/2 egg is 1 bite and my bites are about 1 Tablespoon or larger. I would also count any fat or salad dressings as 1 Tablespoin per bite.

Reward Meals are 24 "bites" I am also doing the" free " veggies up 2 cups with Reward Meals. I use Wheat grass powder large amounts this helps my blood sugar and gives me over 7-9 servings veggies in 4 bites (Tablespoons) and I also do 1/4 cup+ almonds with my Reward Meals. This lowers insulin and blood sugar

I may also track veggie bites to see how that affects my weight

I also use an app called Eat Slower Pro that times my bites 1 minute apart on average alot of the time and I have 1500 meals or so+ logged on the app, it keeps track of how many bites I eat and helps me eat slower. There is a free one called Eat Slower too, it just helps people eat slower

I wondered if people spaced their bites 1 minute apart in the Reward Meal, that would really limit the amount and help them feel full too!

Eating slowly helps one be satisfied with less food!

This was my plan yesterday and I will decrease as needed

It may seem confusing but bite counting has helped me lose 70 lbs and keep the majority of my weight loss off for most of almost 13 months (1 year+)

I only recently started combining CAD with bite counting. Before that I was counting bites and had free days or whatever sometimes. My insulin levels were too high or something having Carbs 2-3 times a day.

Last edited by Ahna : Wed, Mar-11-15 at 08:40.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-15, 21:32

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Where did you get the idea to do bite counting? I'm intrigued!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-15, 07:03
Registered Member

BF:

I got the idea from the 80 bites program/ 5 bite diet I have a blog too, that explains all how I count bites and my whole weight loss journey. I tried to message you the link but it wont let me message you