Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-15, 11:26

Plan: primal
Stats: 165/165/149 Female 173 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Looking for buddy: mum with baby and 20 pounds to lose

Just started lowcarbing after a year-long hiatus for pregnancy and birth. Would love to find a buddy with similar goals.
My baby is 8 months old and still breastfeeding so I'm doing a modified phase 2 with a primal twist (basically meat, green veg, dairy plus berries and carrots with an emphasis on unprocessed foods)

Although I'm not seriously overweight and quite fit, i'm sick of being "the big one" and having trouble finding trousers to wear. On my 30th birthday I realizes that I've been meaning to lose weight for 15 years and now I'm sick of waiting.

I have some emotional issues with food and went through a nasty binge eating phase for a while. It's basically under control although I still have problems recognizing when I'm hungry. At the moment I'm therefore limiting myself to 3 meals a day, no snacks.

Can't wait to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-15, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/154.4/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi Sewgirl, I just wanted to pop in and say hello, I am just starting out as well.

I started out about the same weight you are now and have lost down to 156 so far.

Good luck!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-15, 06:21

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I am over weight (not hugely), have 3 children and we are working on our 3rd IVF in an attempt to get pregnant again. I have a binge eating problem and extreme low carb has been the way to stop that binging so now I am scared. I've got it planned what to eat to up my carbs but still scared to death. I know what your going through.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-15, 07:59

BF:

Wow that does sound scary and I totally empathise. I imagine you have to increase carbs for the IVF?
I've actually found setting myself "eating windows" helps quite a lot. I have a pretty all/nothing mentally so this works quite well.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-15, 08:03

BF:

My Drs know nothing of how I eat and they have never asked about it. I've been in ketosis for a week and do plan to up my carbs.

So planning for IVF (I've started the meds) and for upcoming pregnancy I have been trying to descide the best way to eat. Its been a hard descision because I have always been an all or none kind of girl. To be honest i'm scared I'm going to binge and I haven't binged in over a week so I'm prime for it.

Listening to others and trying to descide whats right for and a potential baby I descided to up my carbs to 40-60 a day. All in the form of veggies, nuts, seeds and no more than 1 serving of berries a day.

Right now I am eating breakfast, I'm eating bacon with 2 cauliflower tots (each the size of normal muffin) I put the info into My Plan and came up with an appx of 5 carbs a piece, so that will put me at roughly 11 carbs for breakfast today. That doesn't sound too scarey, I have thawed out a cup (150 g) of strawberries to be eaten with my lunch also.

Boyfriend wants shrimp or catfish for supper, I guess a large salad is in order with that but that won't get my carbs up there LOL I'm trying, I really am trying. I would think quality of actual carbs would be more important. Maybe I should invest in some seeds of some sort for a salad topping.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-15, 00:15

BF:

I also find it so hard to increase carbs without going crazy...my brain is really good at tricking itself: so if I can eat nuts, I should allow myself a slice of bread, whoops, that's two slices of bread, whoops 4, and down the spiral we go.

I've found the whole primal idea quite helpful as it limits me to unprocessed food. I also read a horrific book about the additives in our food and am wondering whether they have an effect on binge eating tendencies (seing as even wheat can have effects on the brain!).

I'm not going very low carb partly because I don't want to, partly because I'm breastfeeding. Am also not counting carbs at the moment because that really stresses me out but I guess I'm aiming for something like 50-100 g per day.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-15, 11:37

BF:

At the moment I am working on raising my carbs but I only allow it in the from of veggies, nuts, seeds and no more than 1 C berries a day. I ate 37 carbs yesterday and I feel fine so far and no cravings. I just ate a salad with kale, romain, spinach and asparagous, all cooked in fresh butter, 1/4 C sunflower seads, and I'm about to get an oz of nuts. I don't know what the carb count is but I did get my veggies in I bought some fresh strawberries for us to nibble on tonight so I will save that for my 1 C of strawberries