Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 00:34

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%
Default Spring Fever Countdown - now through the first day of Spring: March 20th

It's going to be time to wear warmer-weather clothing sooner than we think. Let's see what we can do to look and feel better for the first day of Spring! That's March 20th, 2015. That's 7 weeks, 7 weigh-ins. Everyone is welcome!

To join, add your name in alphabetical order, your current starting weight (not your original starting weight) and your goal for March 20th. Leave your weigh-in update blank until the following week's weigh-in.

Since March 20th is a Friday, weeks will end on Fridays. That means whatever week you join, your 'current starting weight' is your weigh-in for that week (through that Friday). The following week, you will post your 1st weigh-in update, and so on.

Once a week, (any day you choose) copy and paste the most recent (last) chart into a reply box, update your weigh-in weight, and click "post reply". Feel free to add comments!

I'll start the chart in the next post.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 00:35

Name..............................Current Starting Weight...........................................Weigh-in Update...........................................Goal for March 20th

gonwtwindo...................................165........................ ..................................(to be added).....................................................155
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 17:51

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Name..............................Current Starting Weight...........................................Weigh-in Update...........................................Goal for March 20th

gonwtwindo...................................165........................ ..................................(to be added).....................................................155
Omabluebird..................................168........................ .......(add )..........................................163
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 19:19

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 202/182/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Faith1903...................................189.9....................... . ..................................(to be added).....................................................179
Omabluebird..................................168........................ .......(add )..........................................163
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 19:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by omablue
Not a very ambitious goal but I haven't lost anything in a month so I figure I might be at where my body chooses to be
I'm afraid mine is too high a goal. But you being so close to goal, and plateaued...I think 5 lbs is pretty ambitious!

Hi Faith! Thanks for joining!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 21:23

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/182/140 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 16%

Name.................Current Starting Weight...........Weigh-in Update...............Goal for March 20th

Faith1903.............189.9............................(to be added).......................179
gonwtwindo..........165...............................(to be added).......................155
Omabluebird.........168...............................(add )..................................163
Slimby30..............185...............................(add)........... .......................175

10 lbs may be an over achievement, as I only lost 2.6 lbs in Jan, but a girl can hope
Here's to a happy skinny spring

Good luck to all!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 22:06

Slimby, welcome! Yes...here's to a happy, skinny spring! *clink*
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 10:02

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Name.................Current Starting Weight...........Weigh-in Update...............Goal for March 20th

Bevangel..............199.............................(to be added).......................192
Faith1903.............189.9............................(to be added).......................179
gonwtwindo..........165...............................(to be added).......................155
Omabluebird.........168...............................(add )..................................163
Slimby30..............185...............................(add)........... .......................175

OMG - Just SEVEN weeks till spring! Hard to believe. On the other hand, yesterday was damp and cold and I woke this morning to grey overcast skies again. But now, at 10AM, as I sit here enjoying a mid-morning coffee break, the clouds are breaking up outside and there are about a dozen birds of various types flitting around the bird feeder outside my dining room window! So yes, spring is definitely on the way!

I'm going for a 7 pound loss because SURELY I can manage an average of one pound per week. Right??? Right!

Now I'm gonna get up off my lazy butt and go see if hubby wouldn't like to join me for a walk. We usually go in the early evening but he'll be plopped in front of the TV watching the super bowl tonight.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 12:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel
OMG - Just SEVEN weeks till spring! Hard to believe. On the other hand, yesterday was damp and cold and I woke this morning to grey overcast skies again. But now, at 10AM, as I sit here enjoying a mid-morning coffee break, the clouds are breaking up outside and there are about a dozen birds of various types flitting around the bird feeder outside my dining room window! So yes, spring is definitely on the way!

I'm going for a 7 pound loss because SURELY I can manage an average of one pound per week. Right??? Right!

Now I'm gonna get up off my lazy butt and go see if hubby wouldn't like to join me for a walk. We usually go in the early evening but he'll be plopped in front of the TV watching the super bowl tonight.

Well on this side of the border spring cant come soon enough lol It's been FREEZING for weeks straight. The abnormal now is for me to feel my fingertips when I walk from my car to my home!

7 lbs seems reasonable, I put 10 to get it down to 175, i like 5s and 10s.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 12:52

BF:

Bevangel..............199.............................(to be added).......................192
Slimby30..............185...............................183.5........... .......................175

First update, not a new low, hope it sticks!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 12:57

What happened to my post to BevAngel? I hate when that happens!

Anyway, welcome! Glad to have you in the group!

I've been thinking about feeding birds this year. How far away from the house are your feeders? I have 2 smaller windows that don't open in the living room...was thinking birds might not be too skittish if I put some out there. Thoughts?

It's a lovely day here, too. About 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! Nights have been warming up as well here in the low desert. This is just to trick us. It'll be like the Sahara all too soon.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimby30
First update, not a new low, hope it sticks!!

Our first loss!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 15:34

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi all! Haven't done a challenge in years, have been rather stable, but it's time to lose a few more. Let's go for 7, ok?
Fauve - 143 lbs - goal: 136.
Thanks, this is great encouragement.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 18:15

Plan: IF
Stats: 198.5/178/140 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Fauve....................146............................(add) ..................................136
Momma Bear..........164........................(add).......................... ...........160
Slimby30..............185...............................183.5........... .......................175
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 19:15

Glad to have you, Fauve! I think a team involvement is a boost to all of us. Even if it turns out to be a 2 pound boost, I'll take it!

MommaBear, I've seen you posting around the boards! Welcome