Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 378/268/150 Female 5ft 0"
BF:
Progress:
Default Almost 1yr ketoversary. (HW 378 pounds down to 267 in 19 months)

Crossposting my progress from another support group I'm on.

Coming up on my 1yr ketoversary beginning of May. I started my weight loss journey 19months ago in August 2014, i first started by calorie restriction (still high carb) then hit a 4 month stall that nearly broke me. Then a year ago last May 2015 found out about keto and started on it and have never looked back.

Highest start weight in Aug 2014 was 378lbs and current is 267lbs (111 pounds total lost in 19 months, the last 65ish through keto the past year). It has stalled the past couple of weeks but I'm okay with that as I will keep calm and keto on. Learning to love my body as I continue on this journey. I try on lots of fitted clothes in the comfort of my room but i never wear them out ever! So i'm trying to break out of my comfort zone clothes (i'm sure many can identify with this haha).

Keto has brought me back to life from a deep dark hole I was in, I have energy for the first time in my life, I no longer need an afternoon nap (aka carb crash), my high blood pressure is normal for the first time in over a decade without meds!!! Sleep apnea is gone, and many many more health benefits.

This post is hopefully to encourage anyone starting from a higher weight and about to start (or already started) their journey, I know i still have a long way to go and it helps seeing the pics inbetween, someday I hope to finally post my after pictures when I get to goal.

My 2 cents, Start keto (LCHF) today, you won't regret it!

Close to my highest, and the current pic trying on some fitted clothes which i'm not yet brave enough to wear out yet. Still learning to love the new version of me (work in progress).

-------------
I remember the day i took this pic in the mirror i saw no difference, then when i did the side by side i couldn't believe it when i saw the belt practically falling to the ground lol

---------
I was a bridesmaid at a dear friends wedding around my highest weight, at this point i was just sick and tired of being sick and tired and knew i had to do something or else i'd be headed for an early grave sigh. I tried on the dress again recently (not that i'd wear it out anywhere, just as a marker) and was surprised to see it was hanging on me unlike how super tight it was on that day i thought it would burst open!

My one piece of advice take those before pics!!! i'm struggling to look for them now because i hated getting pictures taken at my highest. Once put side by side they have really helped me see that indeed i have made progress even if i have such a long way to go still.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 17:56
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

What a wonderful milestone post Cherry80 . Awesome progress with the weight! Even more wonderful is your return to life and health. Imagine what life will be like when you have another year of keto under your belt. Your belt will fall to the floor. I look forward to your next milestone. Keep on keeping on! You are getting this done!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/305/210 Male 185cm
BF:
Progress: 5%

Way to go! I hope to do as well someday.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 18:41

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 275/265/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Inspiring...Thanks.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 19:59

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Congratulations on finding the way to health! It's so hard to make that change but you've really transformed the way you think about life. Not everyone gets to experience that level of control over their destiny.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-16, 20:48

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

That's fantastic. Good for you.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-16, 00:12
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

~khrussva: Thanks so much for always being so encouraging! Seeing phenomenal success stories like yours lets me know that I should never give up, that I should just keep going no matter what. I remember my first day, wondering when I would ever get to a 100 pounds lost, now that i reached there I almost can't believe it. I know i still have a long way to go but I have hope for the first time and can see the light at the end of the tunnel....seeing improved health (particularly since switching to LCHF 1yr ago) has really helped spur me on this journey.

~dignity: Thanks for the encouragement, my advice is just hang in there no matter what, each day adds up and one day you'll look back and really start to see the progress. All the best to you

~newlowc: Thanks!

~jschwab: I tried several times in the past but it seems I just wasn't ready then. Then I ended up at a ridiculously high weight and knew that I just had to do something about it, I am so glad I finally got that "fire" in me to start on this journey, it's the first thing in my life that i've ever been 100% dedicated to and so thankful to see the health benefits as I go along, still a long way to go but i'm in this for the long haul

~inflammabl: Thanks so much!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-16, 00:40
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, look at you! Well done, Cherry! I have no doubt at all that you'll reach your final goal before much longer. And I know exactly what you mean about the "before" pics...
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-16, 07:33
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Great job Cherry!!! Those side by side pics really show the results of all of your hard work. Don't be afraid to wear more form fitting clothes - you look great!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-16, 09:09

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

What an achievement! You almost have to laugh, when you try on clothes that used to be tight, don't you?

Congratulations on being THIS >< close to 1/2 way to your goal!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-16, 14:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words of encouragement!