Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-13-18, 23:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/190/180 Male 5’9”
BF:
Progress:
Default ANOTHER stall question 🙄

I’m sure everyone is sick and tired of the stall questions, but I wanted to ask a group of people who truly know what they’re talking about instead of just “googling it.”
I’ve been on Atkins since the beginning of January, and during the induction phase, I went from 215lbs down to 188lbs (so 27 lbs in about 4 weeks, woot woot.) but then it just completely stopped. It’s bounced between 188 and 193ish for at least 2-3 weeks now. I track carbs religiously using the Atkins app and have been consistently between 0&5 gr a day OR ELSE. The weird part is that when I started, I was ALOT less careful. Lots more veggies (which I know veggies aren’t bad obviously, but a lot have more carbs than I thought) but in salads and veggies alone I was easily up to probably 15g of carbs a day sometimes.
The ONLY thing that has changed is fewer carbs, and a little less exercise. Running once a week instead of twice, lifting weights twice a week instead of 3x. My question is, can the difference in working out make THAT big of a difference that I go from almost a pound a day to NOOOOOOTHING for weeks? Am I eating too few carbs and so my body is holding onto everything it can like it’s in “survival mode?” Calories average between 1100-1800 a day.
I just don’t know what to do next :/
Sponsored Links