Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 15:56

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey Everyone,

glad to see u all

and even glader (is that a word teach tess ??) lol....that u can't see me. YES CHARLIE I thought u were a guy..and whats worse I thought u were cinners husband...now don't know exactly how I got to "thinkin" but reading one of the threads it sounded like it to me I guess.

I BOW IN SHAME and APPOLIGIZE

So welcome Charlie the female version of this club. lol

Ok, I have a challenge for you all !!!

For 3 days not worry what u weigh. Instead of stepping on the scale....maybe take those measurements......look at your bodies and make a concious picture of how you look. Asses if your body feels good, the muscles feel not as flabby, your clothes fit better and finally your mind. Are u relaxed and if not what could you be doing to relax ......take a walk, take a bath, dream up the new you and the clothes you're gonna be strutting in . LOL

I agree its an individual thing when one weighs...but I think we all have to cross that road to where we don't need to have a scale to tell us how we feel. This is just a suggestion of course, but if it gets u thru the day great.
For me the scale became the enemy when I would go to the doctor only to find out I either weighed more or less than mine would read. So it was put away until wrestling season for the boys. Thats been a while ago. Just for stats I will weigh on Saturdays, but I can feel it on my clothes that I have either tightened or lost. If I don't reach 130 but the size that corresponds with what I want.....YIPPIE lol.

Sofar I feel ok with the food. I don't seem to crave anything, but curiosity will make me make that pizza recipe. I too will prob stay on induction as long as I can. maybe vary by 5 carbs, if I absolutely need to.

Cly I haven't made the recipe yet. Wanna wait til hubby is home. HE was starting to pick off the peperoni from the kids' pizza.

Cinner congrats on you loss...!!!!!! Thats wonderful

and thanks for posting the recipes, they look enticing. Hubby sais strawberry and whipped cream still gets him thru the day.....and I have 7 containers of cream in the fridge lol.

Well gotta go to store...
catch u laters

BU
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 16:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Meat is slowwwwwwly cooking and that's not good....Ok now jessi I only measured my waist. breasts and hips I forgot to do my thighs and arms but I figured something would show on those but you have to do it nekid and I haven't re-checked due to the only time I'm nekid is shower time and by then I'm too tired to remember lol. I did do something new, someone said if you massage your cellulite with cream it helps to loosen it up? lol So there I was last night massaging my legs and butt and sooooo terrified I would get caught by hubby cause I tend to hide that lol.
I bet BUBU is losing alot of inches have you seen her before pic she is totally buff it's in her journal, and she works out so much poor thing I'm gonna start after I lose TOM...Now about the fridge accident you had jessi, someone is watching out for you girl you could have gotten seriously hurt thank goodness it didn't happen, you might get a replacement at your local hardware store they usually sell the clear plastic cut to your specifications. Now poor Cinner how in the heck you doing today?? CSCharlie which I know your a female cause I read your profile lol how's your 2 nd day???
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:10

BF:

oh man I must be dense......lol.....thanks tris for pointing out to me what glass that was.......and then of course...oh duhhhh...on my part.

I'm tellin u guys there is a time of the month where I just totally drop it up there.

Thanks too for the remarks on my before pic tris......now help me get that back ok !!! lol

But I gotta tell u gal.....u bring out an engery in here...its worth gold !! Really..don't u guys agree ?......Think u are so upbeat even about the negative things....its great !! THANKS

am gonna be in and our of here........got tomorrow off........so watch out.....lol

later
bu
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default hi girls!!!

So good to come in and read all your messages. I was working outside with husband. Thats as close to exercise as I have gotten right now. I will accept you challenge bubu. I will put away the scale until Friday. I do feel better and I don't want to become obsessed with the weight. I feel great and a big part of why Im doing this is to feel healthy. So thanks.
Tris, I will also take my measurements. Lord have mercy I don't want to see them. he he he
Cinner, how are you and hubby doing today? ANything good to eat today?
We haven't heard from Charlie yet either. Must be working. Hope you are having a good day too.
I haven't eaten much today. But I know I need to so I will as soon as Im done with this.
Isn't it funny how much you have to shop at the store? I don't go for large quantities, but find myself not wanting to be out of my low carb staples. Its like I do a bunch of mini-trips. Hubby is being a big help because he is eating a lot of what I eat and he is not wanting me to cook a big dinner or anything. He is really helping in that way. bubu, glad you are off so you can be on and off computer. Im addicted. I check it often during the day. I really think you guys have contributed to my frame of mind and I sooo much appreciate it. I know we are all busy and stuff, but the fact that you all take the time to type messages and stuff-thanks a bunch! Jessi
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:13

BF:
Default wow!

That was a good picture of you bubu. I know you will make it there again because of your will to exercise. You should definately do the weight loss challenge with Dr. Phil and show that picture. Neat! You go girl!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:42

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

Yes Jessi, I do think it will discourage you, so I'll try not to get on the scales everyday.

I'm struggling with the quitting smoking. It's making me VERY cranky.

As for the Fibro. It's sort of an arthritis thing. The muscles tighten up and cause a lot of pain and fatigue. You get foggy and can't concentrate. I've had it for about 30 years. It goes up and down and some seasons are worse than others. When I get a flare, the pain is difficult and really knocks me out. That is when I seem to crave the carbs the most. It becomes comfort food.

Green, that is a nice color. We are doing the living room and dining room in a nice green. There are soooo many different ranges in green. Check out the colors offered by different paint companies. I found they aren't the same, and some paints offer better range of colors than others.

#82   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

BUBU

Not nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww TOM will be going soon and I want to seeeeeeee besides I haven't checked it since........sat so I should get to peek at it after tom goes....then I do the challange ok ladies?? What cha say don't you think that's a good idea ? Ok off to shower and bed and making sure hubby's not watching "MISS UNIVERSE" I hate that show.....I need to clean the kitchen too I ate late it was disgusting.....I didn't make the sauce with the meat and it was too yucky....ok nite ladies
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:54

BF:

OMG, I missed a whole page of messages!!!

I think I've lost my marbles.

Jessie, you could have been really hurt.....thank heavens you weren't

Bubu, I like your challenge....I'll have to measure myself. I'm afraid I kind of avoided that one. But I think it's right it should be done.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:54

BF:

Jess,,

If only I can get there again...and further.
You have to remember, then I didn't have a bad disc to deal with and I was on a program much harder then now. I used to walk six miles every other day with 20 pd weights strapped to me and on the off days from that I'd walk 3 miles with no weights. I'd strap the headset on and off I was. When I didn't have to work I would go really early in the am .....I love the morning sun in spring summer and early fall. During winter I would ride bike and lift, mainly. I'd track my reps and sets and watch water and food. I took protein powder and meal replacements at time to keep enough vitamines and minerals .
Its all so different now. Its sad but I have to put that part kind of behind me. I will still strive for all I can do now, God knows I have been depressed enough over not being able to . But one pound of weightloss and one pound lifting gain at a time.

Dr Phil was only interesting to me if I could get my daughter to join in ....but you know what .....she insists she likes herself the way she is .......and I like her too much myself to push and alienate her...I coax now and then and try to set a good example . What do u guys think ?
Thats something I really need help with . I wish I could get that girl to see the light. She is over 200 pds.....just by how much I don't know. She is only 14, and u all know how touchy that is anyway.

BU
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:07

BF:

Ok, here I go again. I'm looking at my recipe to see where I have to go and who I have to thank for the Green Chili's recipe.

Well, thanks Jessie, it was great!!! The whole family loved it!!!

Oh, boy, I think I should go to bed, I think my brain has fried.

#86   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:18

BF:

Ok real quick, here is the Egg/Sausage Muffin recipe. I made these and they disappeared......to bad the guys don't like my diet!!!

Scrambled Egg Muffins

1/2 lb. bulk sausage
12 eggs
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a skillet, brown the sausage. Drain. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in sausage and cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yields: 1 dozen. Approx. 1.5 carbs per "muffin."

Bu, the situation with your daughter is very touchy. I agree you should encourage her to take care of her weight. She is so young and despite the fact it's not right, young people will make her life very uncomfortable. How you reach out to her is a question I can't answer.

Do you make low carb meals for the family? I realize that she can and will eat all the wrong things elsewhere, but if you are feeding the family the low carb way, and she decides she wants to address her weight, she doesn't have to make an issue of it. She just cuts out the bad stuff outside the house and so dieting becomes second nature. Oh, 14 year olds. What a tough age!

Wish I could help.

#87   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:37

BF:

Thanks Cly

for posting the recipe.....will copy and paste to file.

Our house has been a man's house and thats tough on us females. She grew up thinking she had to do as they did...and that meant quantities rather than just quality. I blame our fast pace and the convenience foods such as pizza and pop. The brothers are mobile and as u say, all get the opportunities all day to pretty much get what they want.
As far as cooking, I have to have a certain amount of food in the house but the meals were never the problem. Its the outside stuff they feed themselves. The boys for instance don't even eat potatoes and such.....givem a piece of meat and slice of bread and they are done....oh yeah and ketchup. Its all in the snacking and I can't monitor that.
Right now of course we do cook 2 ways......Rick and I scoop out what we can eat and theirs is somewhat the same.
I had her do cal count before and she did great, but got frustrated
and hungry. I just didn't want her to gain ...not so much lose at that point.
she is sedentary in most ways too.
then had her to the doc and he explained health and such and we thought maybe seeing him was going to help....But she hated going there....and me at that moment. So I didn't push it anymore.
Then I thought gym....she went there with class and seemed to like that......Rule is though she has to wait til September to go. Gym or wellness center is in the school.
So I take her on the doggy walk at night at least she does that....but really not enough. Play badminton when we can ...also not nearly enough.

Well if u guys have any hints.....let me know...we are at our wits end.

am gonna go to bed....am poooohed today....

Laters Gators

Bu
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:01

BF:
Default thats a tough one

Geeze, I feel for you bubu, that sounds so difficult. Im not an expert, but since you asked for opinions, it seems you are doing a good job. You aren't pushing it, yet you are encouraging it. You are modeling it currently, and thats the best you can do. HOpefully one of these days she will just make up her mind to WANT to do it. You know how that is, we all have to make up our own minds because so much of it is mental-well the same is true for a 14 year old. I would say keep doing what you are doing. She will see you lose and feel good and she might just decide she wants to join in. Good luck with it. I see what you mean by the difference in your work out now compared to then (picture) and understand the disc issue. I just think with as much committment as you have right now you are going to get to where you are happy at for 2003, thats what I meant. I really think you are going to make your goals!
As for me, I never was one to want muscle or defined muscle. That may change once I get down to where you can see a "muscle". For me personally, right now I feel to BIG already. Im mostly interested in getting to a good weight first, while maintaining what muscle I have of coarse. I will go from there on toning. I have never been on the little side, so as far as physical looks go, thats kinda where my mind is. I want to be able to where shirts tucked in etc. I will take it one step at a time though, who knows, once I get to that weight I just might start wanting to tone!
Clybella, sorry you are battling the smoking. I can honestly say I know how you feel. I quit cold turkey almost 3 years ago. I smoked for 8 years and got up to a pack a day in college. I tried several times to quit only to end up sneaking it around. Be proud of yourself for atleast trying. Nicotine is like heroin. Atleast you are putting forth and effort and are continuing to do so!
Take care all, Jessi
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:14

BF:
Question question

On fitday, what are basal calories? You know, the pie chart it gives you on the calories you are burning? I don't understand that? bubu, I bet you do...or anyone else...let me know please. Thanks. Jessi
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:50

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bubu
[B]Hey Everyone,

glad to see u all

and even glader (is that a word teach tess ??) lol....that u can't see me. YES CHARLIE I thought u were a guy..and whats worse I thought u were cinners husband...now don't know exactly how I got to "thinkin" but reading one of the threads it sounded like it to me I guess.

I BOW IN SHAME and APPOLIGIZE [QUOTE]

LMAO Bubu

As for your earlier question about your daughter, I know from experience do not push her, she will decide on her own when she wants to lose weight, the more you push the worse she feels about herself and the more she eats... on the flip side try to find out why she doesn't want to lose weight, their is always a hidden reason she may say that she likes herself the way she is, but my guess is that it is something else, no one wants to be overweight in high school or any grade for that matter, kids can be mean and life is easier for you if you are not...
My mother used to constantly tell my sister and I that we were so fat and that she could roll us down the street... because she was less than 5 ft and less that 100 lbs all her life.... i believed her and it lead me to become anorexic and bulimic which totally killed my metabolism... I only stopped because at 18 I became pregnant with my first child and gained 90lbs cause my metabolism was messed up.... now I look back at photos and am angry because I was never overweight as a child or teen 5 ft 3 and 113 lbs I thought I was huge cause my mom said so, my weight problem only started after I screwed up my metabolism!!!

So don't push her but let her know that you are there for her when she needs you or wants to start, you'll see at the rate you are going you will be all buff and she will want to be too!!!

Lots of love and luck
Cindy