Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#781   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 18:27

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Jess...

Great news !! I hope u do see results when u finally DO weigh. I checked back on my first two weeks and I didn't start losing until 3rd week I think.
Well we are standing still here.....just gonna have to play around. I think for the most part we need to be writing stuff down again. Life just gets so busy, that we neglect that part too much. We eat the right foods, but am not sure if we haven't snuck in more in calories or what. Anyway haven't made any progress in a long time.
Tris has one busy journal, so just check in with her there. I wished I had half her energy.
Keep coming back ..I love hearing from you.

Take care
luv bu
Sponsored Links
  #782   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi! I am doing okay-got through the weekend with a little more carbs than I should have, but no sugar. WEekends are very hard for me. But, we had a nice one. Went hiking again yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. Im trying to get more active as well as working on the eating. Wonder why you haven't lost in awhile. Do you think your body gets used to it? Usually going off and back on kicks it in to gear, but you did that over CHristmas? Huh? Calories shouldn't matter according to Atkins. Are you eating lc bars or anything that might stall it? I will keep you posted on me. Im doing pretty good, but want to get even better, I feel good so that is important. Take care and write soon, Jessi
  #783   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 06:49

BF:

oh ya....I just weighed and Im down 8 pounds from when I started 2 weeks ago. ALthough I do realize much of that is water weight, atleast the scale is going down not up!
  #784   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 08:59
Registered Member

Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

well....here I am

how's everyone?

because of things beyond my control, I just restarted induction this week, Monday...so day 3 today and so far, yes weight is coming off, water weight of course. The big thing is that I'm not feeling so great right now. Headaches, a little woozy feeling, but it will pass right?? Got a strength ball, working on some toning exercises with it, and working on a schedule to get to the gym 2 nights a week and on the weekend. Ilike the treadmill and the bike, and if it's quiet enough I'll try some eliptical machines, as long as no one is there to see me spaz out on it.

At this point, I am pretty down. I saw a photo taken in December on my daughter's birthday, and it was scary. I cried, I was so disgusted. Who was that woman, 'cause it's not the way I used to look, that's for sure. My sister started on one of these 'Curves' type programs, curcuit exercises, 30 seconds a machine or whatever it is, for half an hour. If I have to listen to my mother talk about how great she looks one more time, I think I'll just bury myself in the snow and let the squirrels pick out my eyes and brains. My sister has no small children. My sister has time and money to spend on places like that. I work, and chase after 2 small children, one in school and one not. There is home to balance with work, and just to make life interesting, swimming lessons, piano lessons and dance lessons. There are school functions, parent teacher meetings, extra hours at work...you name it...plus, where do I get the money to go to one of these places? Well, there's my rant for this morning...

So basically, doing okay on the plan. mornings are either a 2 or 3 egg omlette, cheese, maybe mushroom or green onion and some fresh tomato. Lots of water too. Lunch is salad, and usually tuna. Again, lots of water. I've taken sliced celery or zucchini to work to snack on. Dinner is meat and a vegetable, green beens this week mostly. I've allowed myself some coffee at work, no sugar..splenda and I've allowed myself 1diet coke in the evening. Lots of water, lots of running to the bathroom. I walk the baby to the sitters every afternoon before I leave for work..It's not that far, but I get myself going with it anyway.

Well, time to get the baby down for a nap and do a little house cleaning before doing lunch and getting off to work. I think I might try and find a little time for a bath and some reading today, I think I could use it, I'm tired of being stressed out.

Hope you guys are doing well, Jessi it sounds like things are starting off great for you way to go on the losses.

Touch base with y'all later.

Charlie
  #785   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 14:08

BF:

Hi charlie! so sorry you are down today. You sound like you are off to great start with induction. We can support eachother. Be proud of yourself for getting back on and that you are trying. You have a busy schedule and you are doing your best. Thats all you can ask of yourself. But I do know this...if you take care of you first, the kids will be better off. meaning, if you have to not have them involved in so many things so that you have time to get exercising to get this weight off, they will be okay, the will be better later on because mommy will have more energy, more happy moods etc. I once heard my woman preacher Joyce Meyer say that weight controls our lives more than we think, and it is a stronghold that prevents us from doing things and advancing in other areas of our life. So this may be the primary thing you have to take care of right now, so that all these other things can function later on (9-12 months isn't too long down the road). Take care of yourself first. You deserve it!!! Write when you can, Jessi
  #786   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 20:12

BF:

Hey yous twos.....GREAT GOING...

Gosh I feel the excitement for u guys. You both seem to be doing so great. CONGRATS ON THE 8 JESS!!!
And man I am proud of you Charlie.....with all that going on u managed to get tough and go for it .
You know u described the typical rich brat I never compare myself to.
Yeah they have the time & money to pamper themselves, have trainers, buy only the cream of the crop stuff and even have time to strutt. BUT its all material, when it comes down to it though...they're lonliest people out there. You have the family the baby and you are needed. Gosh no better feeling than that, the smile that means I love you 'no matter what'.

SOOOO with that weapon in hand, do it. Do your own thing, forget the rest, even us. Figure what works for you and make an attack plan u can stick with. Note ur progress and keep progressing.
I haven't used curves, but I have heard of mega cost.(besides I don't see muscle growth in the participants I know..just cardio benefits)
You can do this urself and more !!!!!!!
Buy some fitness mags and see whats out there for programs in gym or at home.
YOU WILL COME OUT ON TOP OF THAT GAME.
Then u will see who ma brags about. You're doing it all !

Chins up, tall back and suck it up girls !!

luvs
Bu
  #787   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 06:34

BF:

Charlie and bubu, how ya doing? How is your lc going? Im doing okay. Haven't really been losing anymore and it seems to have stuck at 6 pounds not 8. Wasn't going to weight much, but was trying to figure out if low carb Atkins viatmin bars were going to throw me off. And then ate something else I wanted to see if it did. Although, I think my body may just be sick of going on and off and on and off and needs to have time to stabalize.
Last weekend went hiking again with my hubby and it was hard hard hard but fun fun fun. Hope all is well with you! Jessi
  #788   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 18:07

BF:

Hi Jess,
Hey 6 pds is a start !!!
And yes I am still stalled. I am a full believer that my stress has everything to do with it. But am talking emotional stress rather than the physical one.
I have been working out pretty good and have stuck to the foods EXCEPT...saturday nite we were at a party and I had a few Mich Ultras. I retained water the next day as expected but didn't gain weight after sofar.
My daughter is just as stuck as I am though so maybe my theory doesn't hold there. she too is sticking with the plan, so we don't know for sure what gives I guess.

somehow I am thinking I will have to cut my cal. down some more maybe, although with what I use during workouts it really shouldn't be. But I feel good physically.

well keep us posted how you are doing.
Laters gators.
Bu

In the long run I still look at it as 32 pds down not 10 or 20.....so we will stick with it yet. But something better give soon
  #789   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 10:52

BF:

Hey girly. Sorry I haven't writtein in awhile. Things have been really busy here as usual. Im not losing very fast at all, but plan is to get room where my tred mill is up and running and kick in the exercise. Just celebrated 30th birthday and you know what comes along with celebrations. food and beer! its okay though, no rush i suppose. I have been battling it this long. Whats new there? Have you heard from your son lately? Fill me in! Jessi
Charlie....how you doing? are you still plugging along or are you like me and do it for a month than treat yourself only to remember how hard it is to get going againerrrgghhhh Hope to hear from you too!
  #790   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 16:26

BF:

Hi Jess,
nice to 'read' u around.
"HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY"

gosh how I wished I could have some of those years from 30 to now back. And of course the usual "and know what I know now" My real perspective will come when son number one will get married a month before our 25th aniversary. I am really gonna feel old by then.

About Randy, YES he stays in touch via e-mail and had him in chat for 2 hrs yesterday. He is in Kuwait, so thats quite the treat, even though he doesn't say much. Picture mom asking a bunch of stupid questions and the responses a yes or no. But then again thats Randy.
But I don't care I so appreciate technology today. Our other veterans didn't have that luxury.

We are not making any progress here in losing. We are stuck and stuck. I lost a pd only to gaiin 2 back again this week ...so hopefully it will be off again. But can't seem to make progress as I had hoped. Since christmas !!
Sam too is getting so discouraged. She is too young to have to be so patient with this.

am still working out when I can get there with the snow we have been getting. Seems as of late for some reason or another I only get to go 4 days/week.
Well I hope u r back on the wagon and u will get that tread a moving !! lol...

Catch u laters
Bu
  #791   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:24

BF:
Default Hi again!

Hello girls. How are things at your end? I miss hearing from ya. Things here are going pretty good. Feeling pretty good, but still a battle as it always has been to stay with it. Mostly out of boredom more than anything. I am doing pretty good though so I will stay with it. How about you guys? How is it going? ANy change in things bubu? I hope so! Everyone at my work is eating this way, so it has cut down on icky stuff being around work. In fact, I would say 60% of the staff are eating lc! Amazing how it grew! Well, write when you can. Take care and God Bless, Jessi
  #792   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 09:33

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Hi All!

Hi there Jessi,
Nice to hear from you. Miss you on ALCSS. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I've gone up a little again, so it is time to get back on induction. Have my water glass beside me and keep filling it up!

Have the variety of recipes not helped with the boredom and given you ideas for different meals? I have to say, I love the food we have been eating. My downfall was again not planning well enough when we went out to Calgary to visit my daughter. I took a number of things, even made a sandwich wrap for the plane trip. But they wanted to go to Boston Pizza, and then she ordered a cake for my birthday (and I had a very small piece, but the icing was addictive and I had a couple more ) My own stupidity!

I will have to be much more careful when we go out again this summer for the wedding.

My exercise program is a big help. I just have to make sure I allow time for it. It's only a half hour program but I sweat so, I have to allow for a shower and doing my hair afterwards, so if I'm going out, I don't get it right away, then before I know it, it's time to cook dinner!

So folks, anyone still out there?????

Sandy
  #793   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 19:06

BF:

Hey Jess, Cly

Sorry, I just couldn't answer, was sick with intestinal stuff and just now seen the post.
Great to hear from both of you. Glad you're still trying and don't sweat the setbacks. Maybe thats the thing that kicks hubby into high gear. He has stopped and started and is dropping the pds like nothing again. No daughter and I are stuck, well daughter I almost think has put on some. So I think I will help her get back and monitor a bit closer. She still wants to lose and stay with it, is so determined. I just think getting used to the same stuff makes one not looks as close. you know as long as its safe food it has to be ok.
I have been watching except for the wedding, I had a little cheese cake. Back on the plan. I just don't even wanna go off, feel way to good for that.
BUT alas no losses to report. Oh well it took 3 years to put it on, I have to give it that much to get it off, at least.
Still working out and hate when I have to miss it.

Hope you guys check in more often. Spring is just around the corner !!!
Laters Gators
Bu
  #794   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 19:35

BF:
Talking Good to hear from you!

Good to hear from you both! Sounds like life is good at your ends too! Clybella, I decided I like the smaller chat group better. So many different conversations going on with the other one. But it does give you a lot of cooking ideas and such. This way of eating is going well so far. I am feeling full and full of energy so that is good. I still need to start exercising, but how long have I been saying that for?????? School and tutoring business are keeping me busy which I like. This way, I barely have time to think about chowing on junk food. I grab a healthy lc shake and salad and it is satisfying to the tummy and the mind doesn't have time to talk you into something else! well, you guys keep in touch. So good to read notes from you both. God bless, Jessi
  #795   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 18:07

BF:

this is a total shot in the dark but are either of you ladies still on this forum? Its been 11 years since we chatted, but I am back on here and looking at my old chats with you all!