Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default hi

ya, thats what I like about this diet is that you do have to eat to lose. Im not ever hungry on it. Usually when I would fall off before it wasn't because I was hungry, it was because I got sick of the foods I was eating and just simply didn't have the desire I guess. You know how it is, when you make up your mind for good then you can eat anything cause you just want to lose it!
There are some creative ways to eat the foods you can if you want any ideas let me know Cinner. Tris is definately correct on the veges. Thats where you are supposed to pick up the 20 carbs mostly. Green veges, salads etc. I like veges a lot more than meat so that part is easier for me. Will check in later....Jessi
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:56

BF:
Default oh ya......

Tris...Dr. Phil is on CBS channell.
Here it is on at 3:00. Im on Mountain time. Its almost 2 here now.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

aha, so here is the infamous buddy club!

Well, I'll be checking out here often.

so far so good on day 1. Fit day is pretty good, just have to get used to finding my way around it.

I just realized that I have to buy two scales, a kitchen one, and one for me....
yeah, I 'm one of those people without a bathroom scale.

When do you guys weigh? How often?

see ya
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 14:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

HI CSCharlie and welcome!!

So you and Cinner are on day one now you have to come around more so we can support you cause let me tell ya I needed all the support I could get my first week and I just started my 3rd week and still need it!! Matter of fact don't tell the others but when I get a craving sometimes I will come here and type away and believe it or not it helps! Now as far as Fit-day.....I am terrible at entering the quantities right and it all comes out wrong but thank goodness we have our own "carb calculator" which is BUBU and she's a sweetheart and helps so much, but hopefully you can do better then I at calculating on there. Now as far as the scale....they say you should check once a week but I have a tendency to peek at it more often because I want to know what works and what doesn't and the funny part is everytime I thought OMG I have eaten too much that's when I had the losses so eating is very important but without going over the 20. So again glad to see ya here and come as often as you wish one of us is back and forth on here usually all day.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 15:35

BF:
Default welcome!

Welcome welcome all! The more the merrier! Our buddy club is growing...yeahhhhhh!!!! How fun this is! Really, charlie, be prepared to see how corny I am in how much I enjoy this forum!!
I hope you all are having a good first day! Come here and post messages to us as often as you need. I use this site to keep me busy since Im on vacation (vacation at home actually) right now. It really really helps! When you feel comfortable, tell us a little about yourself. We already exchanged information about eachother and if you read our whole thread from the first page you can find it. again, glad you are here with us!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:11

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

yo gals.....ooopsy daisy guy...

Hi there Charlie, welcome, nice to see ya....Happy Anni yous 2.

Hope u are all off to a great start this week. I had a good workout this morning...BUT u all know the TV-ad jellin with Mr. Scholl.....well this morning I was jellen like a melon ......What a difference 3 days made already....I hade to drop 10 pds on my reps and I didn't dare go on smith maschine.....no spotter there today.

I feel like I lost...but of course tom is getting closer & when that happens...I drop a lot of water right before ...then watch out.

Ok watched the Philly show (what a creamy guy rolfmao). Lots of truth to the show today.....I could relate. Told my daughter am gonna make the movie of us and send it in to the challenge....you guys should have seen her look.....like NO WAY......!!!!!!!!!
The gal who lost her boy....I got the tears right away. So soon yet for her, so many stages to go thru...I hope she makes it .

So how are we all doing with the foods....do u know I found this great recipe for pizza.....ooooooh yeah .......pizza........in several of the threads.....will find and post
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ran this through Master Cook, using my ingredients. The values are for six servings. My pizza sauce has 4 carbs per 1/4 cup:

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Deep Dish Pizza Quiche

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 ounces cream cheese -- softened
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
1 tablespoon chives
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese -- shredded
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese -- shredded
12 pepperoni slices
1/4 cup green pepper -- diced
1/2 cup mushroom -- sliced

Per serving: 440 Calories; 37g Fat (76% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 3.8g Carbohydrate; .2 Fiber, 224mg Cholesterol; 744mg Sodium

ECC: 3.6g

Karen
End of Quote-------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a few variations in diff. threads....but they all rave about this.
Because of the pepperoni I would wait at least until after induction to try...nitrates and all.....But darn it sounds good.

Happy Munching......

BUBU
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:28

BF:
Default me too!

Im thinking of sending my tape in too! I watched it also. It was pretty deep really. To think that weight issues can go so far beyond just liking to eat. In self reflecting, with me I think it is more habit, and social reasons. My family and the family I married into center every get together, etc. around food and drink. So what I took away from that was that I need to change up my routine. Change up how I do things. Plan my day around other things besides food. I dunno, thats as far as Ive gotten on the self reflection.
Bubu, if I can ask, if you aren't eating any nitrates at all, which means no lunch meat, no hot dogs, bologna, bacon, sausage, etc. etc. What are you eating? Im just curious because Tris and I got in this discussion on the Nitrates a while back.....Jessi
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:31

BF:

gosh, almost forgt

Cinner, you gotta eat.....and u gotta eat ur calories plus your carbs.

The carbs will keep your body from exhausting too much, keep you blood sugar level on an even keel as much as possible.
When you get weak or dizzy its withdrawl and at other times possible not enough calories or carbs.
So eat 10 - 13 times your desired weight and make sure you get as close to the carbs as possible.
I sometimes dont' feel like eating anymore too....but then make myself eat something high in calories or carb...to make up for it . Its not in the size of the food but the count.

I have found it amazing how few calories we come up with considering what we are allowed to eat on this. Isn't it great not to crave gals ? ......

Cinner Charlie....you can't think of what u can't have. You will want to try and think of food as nurishment to live. Not live for the taste buds....which by the way will just about go away within the first week on this. You won't crave all the junk or sweets and like the others have said...u can look and sit in front of ice cream, cakes and yes even that pizza and it won't even excite you.

So good luck and if u don't know what to fix...check some of the journals out .
I'd say post one urself...so we can help you out when need be.

Also....water, water, water......at least 64 oz it will help flush out the stuff thats still in you.....and keeps you running. You will feel more thirsty once ketosis sets in, so it really shouldn't be hard to do.

Glad to have u here......AND GOOD LUCK .....

""""I LOVE YOU GUYS"""""""""

Laters Gators bubu
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:41

BF:

Hi Jess......

The Nitrates appears to be an individual thing. Some people react to them by storing water and it stalls them out.

So the advise has been to do induction and then try them out.....with packaged foods...you looking at a lot of additives...incl. sodium and sugars also.

I tend to by mostly deli ham or turkey and chicken for cold cuts.....and check the label. But I do get the brats and will try the pepperoni then go from there.

ok ..I have started eating like this...

breakfast ......Broccoli ......I know it doesn't sound good...but I figure I get my regularity first in the am......plus it binds fat later in the day haha....

Lunch is usually my lettuce (Dole bag) with turkey, ham or chicken, one egg and a tbsp mayo with salsa or tacco sauce. 1 tsp. and mayo, maybe cheese

snack ....celery stick with cream cheese or mayo......or cheese and
cold cut.....turkey ham or chicken.....or egg..

Supper my choice of meat or fish...salmon this weak ....with any veggie I haven't had.

AND we have been eating the strawberry, cream cheese and whipped cream a few times.
Hubby survives his day with this.......his words..."That hit the spot again" and it does....very refreshing to the ketosis tounge lol

Will be trying some sauces and rhubarb this week .....its ready to be picked.

I will also start posting my foods in my journal more so you guys can look......and hopefully I can look at yours too lol

Later Gator
BUBU

Last edited by bubu : Mon, Jun-02-03 at 16:45.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:15

BF:
Default ok

so are the deli meats (the onces the meat people slice for you) better? Where can you find the nitrate free stuff?
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:23

BF:

Ok I'm back and nourished to the bone and I ate my veggies and everything jeeeesh I feel good except for tom........but darn now I have to work.....I help an immigration lawyer part-time doing paperwork at home and I have just found out I have a deadline to turn in one of the packages by wednesday darn.....Ok BUBU love the pizza recipe! Of course I'm gonna wait and maybe just celebrate with it after I get below 190. JESSI- I feel the luncheon meats set me back my first week I dunno I found out there was a heck of alot of hidden carbs in those things and I've been avoiding, but if you like those maybe you could make sure your getting the true 0 carbs ones, the packages ones are vedy sneaky. ok ladies bbl.........huggs
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:02

BF:

Jess,

I just look at the package, if its not listed I go for it and I check fitday for sugar alcohol content as with anything. The sodium is another thing that can be high with those...

The ones I buy are not a brand name they are a store brand without advertising, but list ingredients.
My guess is that if I don't make progress then I have to cut some stuff back out and reintroduce them one by one. At least thats my plan.
It seems to effect people differently but when u read thru some posts one always never knows if it was the deli meats, the coffee pop, gum TOM, muscle gain or something entirely different.

One thing is for sure........I feel good, I feel I am losing, am not tired wanting a nap by 2 pm so I can take time and try to figure how my body likes it .

On the Dr. phil subject.....I think the combination of my back and wanting my folks closer these days helped put the pounds on in this decade.....before I think it had alot to do also with the wrong kind of attention etc.
Food just becomes an antidepressant at a moment and a domino in the long run. Once we are not depressed about the original cause its the result of it that makes us stuff the comfort foods down. Happy or mad, socializing or alone........it had a purpose of feel good. And I felt "good" for way too long

Later Gator

bu
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:22

BF:

I'm back but I don't want to do those papers tonight I like the action I will wait til tomorrow to finish them....I have to actually type them I can't even do em on the puter and I hate to type em and I just don't feel like it so there.......Where's clybella today? She is hiding today....isn't it odd I miss ya'll when I don't see ya too?? I can't believe how good I felt after I ate supper it was like instant gratification I think I waited too long between breakfast and supper and so it just made up for the loss or could it have been the midol lol....I've been actually craving veggies isn't that the wierdest thing? For breakfast I had 2 eggs.........then nothing I was busy doing things and then supper I had a salad with mayonaise and broccoli and green beans and grilled chicken and I was full and stuffed.....and felt good now I know I shouldn't have skipped lunch but to be honest I was so busy doing things here I didn't even have the time and by the time I was hungry it was time for hubby to be home and I like to eat with him. Jessi I missed the Dr. Phil show too I had wash to fold and put away and a million other household chores that never end...
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:36

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hello Everyone!!!

So in addition to what I ate prior

5 oz pepper steak
1.5 cups sauteed mushrooms and onion
2 pc cheese
2 celery stalks wilth 3 tbsp spinach dip

3 more lrg glasses of water

I find it hard to fit in the eating my son eats 9x per day for an hour at a time!!!!

I am also up at all hours of the night so perhaps I can fit more in then

Hi CsCharlie Welcome welcome!!!

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice.!!!!

Hubby is already grumbling, the worst for him is no pepsi, he hates diet drinks, coffee and any kind of tea, so he has only had water all day.... I finally convinced him to try diet iced tea... he say it is ok, but not great... We went to a store called nutrition house to find carb free drinks, we were elated when we found one called zero carbs, but then crushed when we saw the ridiculous price of 5.99 for one personal sized bottle!!!!

any ideas for him will be great!!!

#60   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:56

BF:
Default let me see.....

Well Cinner, my husband also has a hard time with that. Here are a few ideas. I know you said he hates sugar free, but my husband said that same thing and now drinks tea with Splenda and loves it. But the kicker is, he likes lemon. I think the lemon covers up some of that taste at first until they get used to it.
We also drink Country Time Lemondade (sugar free of course) Its by the Crystal Light stuff. I add fresh slices of lemon to it to and let them float around in the jar with it. With the Crystal LIght products, I add a packet of kool aid (of coarse packet only, no sugar) so like if your making pink lemonade Crystal Light, you might pick a kool aid flavor that goes good with that.
Main thing is that you won't find a replacement that is exactly like pepsi, but seek to get him hooked on water. We can have all of these other things, but right now the biggest thing is water as you know. If he can't drink Pepsi and starts drinking water, soon he will crave it. I promise!! Take it from experience. Soon he will be surprised, after the pepsi withdrawals go away. Hope that helps.
I will watch the lunch meat guys. I don't eat a whole lot,but when hubby makes a sandwich its easy to roll up a pretend one with the lunch meat and cheese. he he he.
oh ya, I don't know if you all have made these but a great low carb snack is Deviled Eggs. YUMMY!! ALmost everything in them is low carb and I love them. Im sure youve made them but if now I can tell you how. Its very easy. I will check back later, Jessi