Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default You moved without me?

Sniff Sniff

I come home and ya'll just packed up and left without me.....gee I get the hint.......After I starve myself alllllllllllllll day at my daughter's house.......While "they" ate this 2 layer cake with vanilla and cholocate and strawberry filling and what do I eat 2 little bitty strawberries?? They ate some kinda meatballs oozing in fatness and every kind of fruit imaginable and then get this they "DIPPED" them in chocolate and Caramel gunk......and I sat and suffered......IT WAS HORRIBLE.....then the "evil" ones tried to tempt me by stuffing their faces in front of me.......but oh how I laughed (inside) thinking it's going right to your hips honey...they might be young and thin now but give em time they will know. Besides the tremendous amout of suffering......I'm ok slightly insane but fine......Now good new I've lost another 2 pounds bad news....I've gained a friend...Tom..........ok huggs too tired to continue I need rest after starving all day.........After awhile crocodiles
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

My hubby works for the Feds too. What department? I lived in Blackburn Hamlet for about 10 years. He is with OSFI in Toronto now.

He has access to a microwave and fridge but he doesn't want to make the breakfast things there. He'll use it for lunch but he hates to have to fuss. He thinks it is easier to make a sandwich. But I will encourage him to keep the carbs down. Especially the Coke!!! That's his weakness. I have him on Sprite now so he has less caffeine, but that's as far as I got. Won't touch SF stuff.

I drink the Club Soda, low sodium, with about a capful of lemon or lime juice. Occasionally I add some Splenda and it tastes like a nice lemonade. It adds a bit of carbs but not much.

Have a nice weekend.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:20

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Clybella,

Ottawa is a beautiful place isn't it?? My husband and I have lived here our whole lives... (We have known each othe since we were both three)

The pre-cooked chicken is a great idea. He hates veggies as well so it will be a challenge to get him to eat them, salad is pretty much all he will eat as far as veggies are concerned.

He is very active playing sports 3 to four times a week, and we also walk with our newborn daily. So when the weight comes off he will stick with this diet...

Thanks for all the info,
Looking forward to hear about how the recipe turned out

#19   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:24

BF:

Yeah Tris, you did it!!!

What a good girl! And with TOM too! That is really good. You can now feel very proud of yourself.

#20   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 19:34

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Clybella
He works for CCRA (that's the evil income tax company.....Canada Customs and Revenue Agency) He is an Information technology manager.

He is also addicted to Pepsi, but is will to forgo it to lose some weight.

Tristesas

When you said that is where you were going yesterday I thought it would be full of temptations!!! You did very well resisting I have quite a few showers to go to in the upcoming months!!! But I too shall resist.... Yea!!! for the weight loss!!
Ciao Bellas
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 20:19

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yo Tris

CONGRATS !!!

on both pds lost and weakness....you did great...and good thoughts too about their hips !!! haha
Hope u had the meatballs though.......those shuld have been safe.

Cinner, you know what....after eating mainly meat and eggs for so long your husband will relish the veggies. I feel the body just cries for them after a while.

Well guys am gonna go to bed.....one more long day coming up tomorrow...then boss will be back..

catch u laters gators.

BU
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 21:09

Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default hi girls

Sounds like everyone is doing good today. How strong you are Tris. Thats very hard with social events. Good girl! and 2 pounds also, way to go!!!! Im also tempted in a few areas. LIke I said, we fish and camp and usually drink a few beers, thats mostly what is giving me trouble right now. Like today we went fishing, and it was fun, but it was also a beautiful relaxing evening outside, would have been nice. Oh well. Like I said, it will pay off for us all within time. Everything else about induction hasn't bothered me. I love coffee, but I haven't drank any. I think its easier now cause Im not getting up early for work at the moment. If I was, I don't think I could do that either. One day at a time huh? Good job everyone. Really really happy to see everyones pounds and inches coming off!!!
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 22:35

BF:
Default tip

Just a tip if anyone else is suffering from constipation-cabbage may work. You can eat it sauteed with butter and make it good. It has good fiber in it and may do the trick.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 09:01

BF:
Default Mornin' Ladies

There's no place like home......I could not believe that my daughter had absolutely no Low Carb foods in her apartment, but of course she didn't know I was coming lol. I feel so much better being at home surrounded by them if I need them...I had to basically turn my "LC" diet into a joke surrounded by "non-believers" yesterday but it's ok I will be laughing last. Today I feel weak but I know what caused it and it's darn well not gonna happen again until, my daughter has her baby then I have to go there again and spend a few days with her to help her adjust and I can guarantee I will be getting everything I need then while I'm there. That I see is one thing you cannot do without, you have to be prepared and I wasn't I had to pay the price. So take heed ladies if you have to go to these showers and weddings and family outings make sure you have with you the foods you can legally eat because the temptation is tremendous, your stomach growls and your surrounded by High Carb foods you either starve like me.......or you take out your prepared foods and feel good about yourself or lastly you give in to temptation which you know will give you a major setback. Now I should be happy about my 2 pound weight loss but I'm too tired and feeling crappy to but thanks ladies for the encouragement!! I hope to heck I get some of my strength back today. I was feeling so good before this set back.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 10:03

BF:

I am doing the dance of JOY!!! I broke the 190 mark! I made it to 189. Wow, what a thrill. Starting week 2 now. We shall see how it goes. I am even more determined to stick this out and see how long I can keep it going. I was 183 for so long and then bingo/bango I was 197. Didn't even know how I got there. So I have to at least get down to my old starting point. Then downwards from there.

Well, have to get to the painting today. Can't stand that room in such a mess any longer.

Talk at you later.

#26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 10:23

BF:
Default You go girl!!

You are where I wanna be!! I hate be in the 190's just as much as I hated being in the 200's that's why I'm moving down for sure!! You are doing so danggggggggggggg good clybella !! Jeeesh I haven't seen the 180's in 3 years almost. I will feel as happy as you do too.....Do you find that every 10 spot you kinda hang there for alittle while? I mean I put the small goals in 10's and right when your on the border line it just wants to hang onto it?? Do you get what I'm saying? I found that the last time I was LCing it would just hang onto 190 or 180 or 170 but when you get past it, it goes by pretty easy til you hit the next 10 spot? Did you find that happen to you with the 190?

Last edited by tristesas : Sun, Jun-01-03 at 10:52.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:10

BF:

I DO know what you mean. You break that mini goal of 200 or 190 and then you sit there, no movement. Well, I hope that doesn't happen but even if it does, what can you do, just hang in and keep going.

You are really close yourself, so keep as tight to the diet as possible (heck if you survived the wedding you're well on your way) and you'll break it too.

#28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 12:18

BF:
Default wooo hoooooo!

wow to of you lost! yeahhhhhhh!!! Thats sooo encouraging! Way to go.

Does anyone buy nitrate free bacon and lunch meat? I usually just eat the regular stuff because where the heck do you get it? Is it at the normal store or health food stores? I don't have much option if it is health food stores...small town not really many big towns near by. Let me know if you all have found a brand at the store that is nitrate free please. Thanks! Jessi
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 12:43

BF:

Jessi,

I think you just go to your grocer and in the meat or deli department you just ask which meats are nitrate free and they can give you what you need there... Those are the best meats for us I know in LCing.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 13:31

BF:

I've just been eating the regular bacon and sausages. What effect is it supposed to have? I can't remember. At the time I didn't make too much of it.