Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 22:40

Plan: Atkins / PP
Stats: 160/150/155 Male 5 10
BF:18%/8%/4%
Progress: 200%
Default What are you FAT/CARB/PROT percentages?

For those who have moved onto life mantinence, what are your calorie percentages?

Right now I'm at my goal weight and eating about 90 carbs a day. (I work out 7 days a week) I'm 25 5'10" 150 lbs

Fat: 57% 150g
Carb: 15% 90g
Prot: 28% 165g

Calories: 2350 +/- 10% daily

What about you?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 01:17

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%

Hi Mattad,

I have never worked these out! I suppose I should but that would feel too much like doing a diet.

I eat simply and have no super processed foods. I have protein with all meals. For breakfast it is usually a couple of eggs or a block of tofu with tahini over it. With lunch I either boil a couple of eggs or have half a large tin of tuna or a can of sardines with salad. I drizzle pure vigin olive oil on the salad or have the classic Paul Newman's salad dressing. For dinner I eat fish or meat with steamed veges. I don't eat the fat on meat as it makes me feel sick! For snacks I eat nuts and fruit. I drink lots of herb tea and rainwater.

I still have not got back into the grains or beans. I rarely have dairy now and I have found doing that has helped my PMT symptoms no end.

Last edited by trisharau : Sat, Jan-10-04 at 01:19.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 13:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Yep me too, as for not breaking those down, I do try to watch the fat more now at this stage, which is how I have eaten most of my life. I still depend on butter, oils, for most of my fat. I might have bacon once a week now.But I have never gotten into the fatty meats or chicken skin, that so many do on this way of eating.

I feel the same way about tracking percentages, to much like a diet to follow. :>)

Cheers Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 20:58

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%
Smile

Hi mattad,

My current carb intake ranges anywhere from 50g-100g net carbs. I don’t workout as much as you do , maybe 3-4 times a week. My calories range from 1500 to 2000, depending on how hungry I get . I’ve always been conscious of saturated fat intake. Now that I eat more carbs, I watch my fat even more. But like others have said, I stopped tracking my food in fitday cuz I don't want to feel like I am still dieting. I think having some protein whenever you have a high carb meal is important. Try keeping your protein intake where it’s at and as you increase your carbs, decrease your fat. Hope that helps!