Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 16:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/202.5/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress:
Default L C ing in arizona

Hello
I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself. I amd 60 and just started the atkins 5 days ago. All is well especially since I found a store with low carb food, It really helps get you through the boring times. Is there anyone doing this in the Casa Grande AZ area, it woukd be nice to have some company especially since the other half is skinny.
T hanks Janei
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 21:12
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Hi Janei,

I am new too but not to dieting. I think I must have tried 10 different diets over the years. I don't have a lot of will power I admit. The first 2 times I tried Atkins I got sick. I still want to try it again though. Well I am set for starting it on the second week in January. I am on a plan now that is like Atkins maintenence but I still get hungry, so I think I will try the Atkins induction one more time. another problem I have is my husband. I find it almost impossible to diet unless he cooperates. I know, excuses, excuses, but he needs to lose a lot of weight too and I want to cook for both of us. He has finally said he will do it with me. So wish me (us) luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 22:13

BF:
Progress:

Hi Fluffybear
Thanks for writing. i have dieted all my life and I guess thats the problem I didnt change my lifestyle. I have had 5 reallll good days and what is making it easier is the low carb food I bought. I dont use all bought food but I bought bread. rolls some frozen desserts and it helped me this last few days. How much do you have to lose? Where are you and do you have support? My hubby is great but he says he feels sorry for me when I cant have something he can haveoh well Good luk
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 00:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Hi Janei!!! Welcome to the forum. I am from AZ but unfortunately I live far from Casa Grande. I am in the Phoenix Metro area....Tempe to be exact. I thought I would come by and say hello to a fellow zonie. Best of luck to you. Feel free to stop by my journal any time.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Janei,

I live in Ohio. I need to lose about 90-100 lbs. I am 57 and retired. I have been married 36 years to a great guy but unfortunately my cooking made us both overweight. I guess it was raising 4 kids and eating a lot of stuff we shouldn't have like chips and cokes and making lots of cakes and cookies and such. Anyway, the kids are grown up, so it's time for my husband and I to get serious about losing weight. He says he will cooperate. We'll see. Ha ha.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 19:18

BF:
Progress:

had another good day hope you all; did too. Thanks for the reply it really is great to be able to communicate with others in the same boat. Good luck
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 12:24
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 225/225/155 Female 5'4
BF:a lot
Progress: 0%

I wish I was LCing in Arizona...and hell, I'd like to be retired too...6-7 years to go. Somehow it is so much easier to eat well with longer days and nicer weather.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Jani,
Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that there are lots of low carbers in Arizona. I live in Surprise, Arizona in the northwest valley of Phoenix. I've been low carbing off and on for a year. Lost a little over 20 but have 45 more to lose. I'm fifty so it's a real struggle but I'm determined to do this. Hope to hear from you soon.