Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 10:37
Windsong

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Talking Looking for a Colorado 50+ buddy

Let's get together and chat and help one another on this journey.

Windsong
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-05, 10:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/146.0/130 Female 64
BF:39%
Progress: 27%
Smile Im a colorado resident

Hi windsong, nice to meet you.
I was also looking for a friend to help me be accountable.
Im 50yrs old, no kido's at home, 2boys, married and living in Kansas
I have been doing Atkins for some time, but always fall off and start over. Im the queen of starting over....but I want to change that.
I feel better doing Induction, but when I fall off head right for the bread..love peanutbutter toast!
Hope to hear from you, take care and hang in there
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 00:46

Plan: mixture
Stats: 210/204/160
BF:
Progress: 12%

Windsong,

Let's get a support group going with Bearlover. I've been wishing for some buddies in Colorado! I lost 35 pounds on low carb several years ago, kept it off 2 years then it all came back. I am now doing a modified plan with high fiber, low glycemic foods and portion control. More later, Pam
Feel free to contact me at p_clausen~hotmail.com
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 11:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Looking for a Colorado buddy

Hi,
I am in Colorado Springs, and I am 51. I would love someone to talk with. I have been doing Atkins for a little over a year, but have hit a plateau that I just can't seem to break! I haven't lost anything in months! Is this because of my age? Anyone else having this problem! My email is ckkerbs~yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Ckk
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 06:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/146.0/130 Female 64
BF:39%
Progress: 27%
Smile Also 51, struggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckk
Hi,
I am in Colorado Springs, and I am 51. I would love someone to talk with. I have been doing Atkins for a little over a year, but have hit a plateau that I just can't seem to break! I haven't lost anything in months! Is this because of my age? Anyone else having this problem! My email is ckkerbs~yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Ckk

--ckk, '
You hit the nail on the head. I have been following Atkins for sometime, and I have not been able to make any progress for sometime. I do feel in is the age, but also some dedication...admittably, I have not been as strict with myself. Today is a new day, and a determination. I will check back during the week to see if there are any notes from either you or the other ladies on this post.
Stay strong, and determined....it is so easy to have just "one bite" --kiss of death for this program. Later, Karen