Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I lost 16 pounds in the first 15 days and have been stuck there ever since . I guess I should be happy that I have not gained any weight .

I feel your pain Brian. I lost 10 pounds the first week and have been stuck ever since. That was 3 weeks ago!!! I am also staying in induction because I have a lot more to lose. The best I can gather from this website is to just stick with it. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 16:40

Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Noob!

'Nother new member here. Feeling really down and looking for some ideas.

I've been on Atkins for six weeks (two weeks induction, blew it over Easter weekend, two more weeks induction and two weeks at 20-30 carbs per day) and am at my starting weight.

I'm also diabetic. When I started Atkins my blood sugars were getting lower at a good rate. This whole week they've been over 11 mmol/l (198 mg/dl). This has me really puzzled as I'm not eating anything that causes high readings. (Should be taking metformin - not doing so at the moment - long story.)

I was okay with no weight loss (although I've lost three inches on my waist - ?!), but since my blood sugars are high I don't know if staying the course is worth it.

Anyhoo ... hoping for some tips, tricks, insights, et cetera!
  #303   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 20:58

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/179/150 Female 65 inches
BF:that's the point.
Progress: 52%

Hi! I'm kuukuu--and not for cocoa puffs. I'm a mom of 4 and have two grandbabies and one more on the way. I hope to see better results from my LCing with a little help and encouragement from more experienced LCers. Thanks, kuukuu
  #304   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 21:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/130/125 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress:
Default Little lost

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. The biggest challenge I have right now is finding how to view some of the recipe's you've made. Especially the one on Azure's French Toast. How do I view the recipe?

shamen
  #305   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 15:28

BF:
Progress:

Hi DeborahC...
That sounds a little worrisome. I would check with your Dr. With your body going through some major changes, who knows why your blood sugar is so high. Definitely worth some investigating!
  #306   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 15:29

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 238/230/140 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks for the info. I have tried LC before but had trouble with dairy. I started Neanderthin today and am excited for the future. I have read many great things so far and look forward to getting more great ideas and encouragement. Best of luck to all

Vivlee
  #307   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 22:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/155/130 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress:

Hello people I was just browsing the net about adkins and pregnancy and found this site. It's pretty cool , but confusing. Pretty darn informative though. I started LC 2 weeks ago and have cheated some but still lost some LBS. Hope to get some good ideas and support. God knows I need it!
  #308   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 09:20

Plan: mod.Atkins
Stats: 185/173/140 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress:
Default lc treats allowed?

I read alot of the posts that seem to be against using endulge bars and other "fake food". I have been using the Morning Start line, Low carb tortillas/bars and such, and for me they don't make me out of control...eating four at one time, for example. I am still losing weight. Is this ok for some people..to use these substitutes everyday if one is still losing weight? Thanks!

mleigh5
  #309   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 11:31

BF:
Progress:

Hi Mereleigh,
I guess as long as you're losing, why not? If you ever hit a plateau, you might consider leaving those products out of your diet for awhile to get over the hump.
  #310   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:35

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 189/162/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:

this is marie17522. i just now discovered how to post a message. this is my 1 st. one and i hardly ever talk on line, so this is very new to me.
  #311   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 08:29

Stats: 226/150/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Bonjour Marie

Hi Marie. I'm new too and it is a little confusing to figure out how this forum works. Welcome and good luck Low Carbing.
  #312   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 18:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 242/238/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi Everyone!
I am fresh to this site and hope to meet alot of great people. I was recently diagnosed Type II Diabetic and Dr. recommended South Beach. Anyone else big on SB? Anyway, feel free to email me or whatever! I could use some encouragement!

Talk to you later!

Danielle
  #313   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 13:11

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 238/215/157 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Started SB Monday

I started SB on Monday and I have already lost 13#. I know they say you should only weigh once a week, but I was dying to find out how I was doing. This is the first thing that I have tried that I'm not starving on.....this will be a change of life...not a diet!!!!! I really think that really is the secret that we've all been searching for. (I know it sounds hokey...but it really is true)

Good Luck to everyone else giving it a shot!!!

momof2inwi

238/225/157 (16% of the way there)
  #314   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:48
Registered Member

Stats: 209/183/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Just a hello

Well this is my first post, but not first time here. I am just starting LC'ing today and decided that one of the ways to succeed will be to post and receive/give support from this site.
Thanks!

YukonRose
  #315   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:49

Stats: 170/150/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 80%

I have been low carbing for several years. I really like this web site and all the information provided here.