Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 15:41

Plan: yeast, dairy free
Stats: 152/128/124 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default depressed & tired!!

Im Thinking Of Stopping The Yeast Buster Kit. Its Been A Few Days Now And Im Very Cranky, Tired And Depressed. Im Sick Of Always Washing, Drying Veggies & Fruits And Always Thinking Of What My Next Meal Will Be. This Is My Life Now. Its All I Do, I Have No More Time For Fun.im Only 35 And I Feel Lost. Constantly Looking For Recipes And The Ones I Can Have They Are Not So Great! I Know That This Will Be A Life Long Nightmare, But I Have No Choice- Stupid Yeast And Dairy I Hate It All. I Cant See Myself Going To Work Tomorrow Feeling Like This. I Really Miss Eating Anything I Want And Then Having More Time To Myself. Thank God I Dont Have Any Children Cause I Just Couldnt Do It.
Im Just Letting Everything Out Right Now As I Dont Understand How A Yeast Buster Kit Can Make Me Feel So Lost & Hopeless.

My Doc Didnt Even Know How Much Nystatin To Give Me- He Asked Me For My Opinion, I Wanted To See A Nutritionist And He Said That I Would Know More Than She Did.. I Have No Support From My Fiance, Or My Family- As They Are 600 Miles Away...

Life Just Sucks Right Now!!!

Sorry But I Had To Write This Down, It Makes Me Feel A Little Better
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 07:07

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

I can relate to you. I have to battle with depression every day. I went on the candida diet two weeks ago and it's just getting worse every day. I went on the diet to get rid of eczema on my hands and now it covers my neck, chest and my face feels itchy too. I've been feeling tired all week, my legs hurt and I feel like crying all the time. I also have to take care of a toddler and an infant. My 2-year old has eczema too. She whynes for food all day long not becuse she is hungry but because she craves sugar. I crave sugar too. Sometimes I just wish I could get away from all this...

I wonder how long this die-off lasts....

Anyway, let's not give it up now, or we'll never know if it works....
At least I was able to lose my pregnancy weight.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 07:10

BF:

Oh and I forgot: I have no support from ANYBODY either. My whole family including my husband thinks I'm crazy and this candida stuff is just made-up. They think my rash is stress-related and I wash my hands too much...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 19:03

BF:

hi Tunkany,

Yes it does really suck. I did feel better today however~#!.. I decided to stick it out, i will continue the yeast buster kit- as i saw results today (its a little too gross to explain). Anyhow , theres a girl at my work who has the same thing you do on her hands... I know she's allergic to gold or something... but i'll ask her what she does to help with it...
Its nice that we can talk about stuff we can relate to...
You sure are a strong and determined person though, going through this with 2 kids!!! I have 2 dogs and I feel guilty cause I dont have much time for them anymore! LOL It must be really hard with kids..
I sometimes wonder if I was breastfed, things would have been different- theres so much talk about that! oh well too late for that one!! LOL You know what though, Ive been on this diet- ( no yeast, dairy or eggs) since Sept./05 and I lost 24 pounds so far!! And its amazing how your thought process changes- for the good, I mean I was very depressed before ( came very close to you know what) well these thoughts and feelings are all gone with this diet- except for the last 2 days- MAN did I through a lot...This might sound crazy, but if u have access to a threadmill, give yourself half hour each day, or walk outside for half hour-you'll feel so much stronger and healthier and it gives you more hope on achieving your goals.

In the end our health is most important , and I think its worth going through hell for a bit to feel better.

I hope you dont give up and keep your chin up- IT WILL GET BETTER.. You'll see......

Take care,

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-06, 12:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 298/285.5/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Die-off symptoms

Aside from being depressed and tired, are there any other changes you can actually see during the die-off process? I've noticed lighter color stools. Anyone care to comment?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 13:16

BF:

Hi Nat,

I haven't worn rings for a long time... mine is platinum though, but I gained some weight during my pregnany and I couln't put it on for a long time. I could now, but my fingers are so ugly, I don't want to draw any more attention to them. Plus I don't really go anywhere except for the store. You know, the kids... so my eczema is not caused by rings, although I am allergic to nickel (those little metal buttons on the jeans).

Anyway, I feel better today... I discovered something. Since I have not had sugar for almost 3 weeks I think I can taste better. Some things seem sweet that I never noticed before. Eg. unsweetened whipping cream, some nuts and fruits are sweeter ( I only had 3 blackberries today though- I usually only eat avocados on this diet).

To lowcarber:
My die-off symtoms are mainly skin-related plus fatigue, my legs are OK now, but there is a slight change in the consistency of stools, too. Sorry if I offended anyone in discussing this...
I'm not sure about the color... but it looks thinner. I also have a lot less gas and less bowel movements on this diet, but no constipation.

Actually I feel quite good today except for the itchyness... I wonder if I'm allergic to eggs? I have increased my egg consumption from 1-2 per week to 2-3 a day. Or it's the candida getting angry?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 19:37

BF:

HI folks, well on the yeast buster kit, i have definately notice my stools being lighter colour//and also less bowel movements too! I had a good one today! LOL ..

For Tunkany,
I will get the ingredients that my friend uses for her excema.. she said its some kind of a sap ( from a tree) and soaks in it... anyhow she has to ask her mom and then she'll let me know.. hope it will help you....
I am feeling quite good today ( especially after i had my BM) LOL

anyhow Take Care

Talk to you soon

NAT
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 06:21

BF:

Thanks Nat, I just might give it a try. Right now I'm experimenting with coconut oil, we'll see how it goes.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 03:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/265/250 Male 6'6"
BF:
Progress:

Hi, new member here. I've been dealing with a candida overgrowth for at least 5 years. I finally understand how to beat it. You will need lots and lots of ammo. Beating candida overgrowth is a war, to succeed you will need lots of supplements and strick nutrition. Heavy doses of acidophilus and bifidobacterium, heavy doses of biotin. 600-900mg of pantethine to alleviate brain fog. Heavy doses of glutamine to support the intestines and digestion. Immune system enchaning supplements such as arginine, lysine,Vitamin C, Zinc,Garlic. Finally a good candida cleanse product containing caprylic acid. The diet part is really strict only water to drink, baked chicken, green vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, and lettuce. Almonds and pecans are good to get things moving. That's about how strict you will have to be to conquer candida. In my personal experience with this horrible problem is you need to take high doses of supplements and do not go off the diet. Hope this helps
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 09:19

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat
Im Thinking Of Stopping The Yeast Buster Kit.

I Hate It All. I Cant See Myself Going To Work Tomorrow Feeling Like This.

I felt the same after doing my first cleanse.

It even cost me time from work because I was so tired that I would leave work early and go home to sleep all day and night too!.

I thought about stopping it but I stuck to it till the end and a few days after it was done - I felt so completley better for going through all that!

MASSIVE80 also gave all good choices to due during the process.

You have to go through it in order to get over it!

Hold on - you can do it.

Nikki

Last edited by NYNikki : Wed, Jan-25-06 at 09:37.