Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 07:01

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple7
Thank you...Thank you!! I am a chicken breast and egg eater..

Just be sure that you're adding some fat to the chicken breast. I find that eating chicken breast alone makes me feel hungrier after if I don't dip it in butter or make a fatty sauce from heavy cream. And there's some evidence that high protein can damage your kidneys, though how it works in conjunction with high fat, I can't say. I'm sure there are many here who can provide better information and their own experiences.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 07:29

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
And there's some evidence that high protein can damage your kidneys, though how it works in conjunction with high fat, I can't say.

I think that's based on the phenomenon of "rabbit starvation," which occurs when you're eating lots of protein and almost no fat, e.g. if you're in the forest in the middle of winter and all you can catch is rabbits.
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-10, 17:18

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Thank you...Thank you!! I am a chicken breast and egg eater.. Not really in to beef or pork.. But I am going to start now and see how I feel. Cause after I'm done with my chicken I am usually still hungry after, or just not satisfied... That's when I binge on cheese or something. Or I make more coffee with cream to try and calm my appetite. I know that's wrong!!!!! And then my tummy feels fullllll....but thank God it doesn't get bloated anymore

I dont know if you like ranch dressing or sour cream but I dip my chicken breast in either of these to up the fat and to keep me full all night..
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-10, 19:07
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF diet
Stats: 140/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks guys... Today was a long, stressful day with all the company, I did butter on chicken and then some steak. But the stress I think caused me to binge on... macadamia nuts!!! I mean I should have just binged on chicken and steak right!?!?!? I messed up... Oh well tomorrow will be fat with protein. I've gotta try more, I know. NO NUTS on zero carbs right : ( I am gona be heavier tomorrow : (
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-10, 09:56

Plan: Dirty Carnivore.
Stats: 191/163/140 Female 53"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Thanks guys... Today was a long, stressful day with all the company, I did butter on chicken and then some steak. But the stress I think caused me to binge on... macadamia nuts!!! I mean I should have just binged on chicken and steak right!?!?!? I messed up... Oh well tomorrow will be fat with protein. I've gotta try more, I know. NO NUTS on zero carbs right : ( I am gona be heavier tomorrow : (

I wrap chicken breast with bacon and fry them. It adds enough fat to make it worth eating, I love chicken too.
Sometimes I stuff whole chicken breast with ham & swiss cheese and wrap with bacon & bake.
  #126   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-10, 11:35
Registered Member

BF:

Yummy that chicken and bacon sounds good. Ok so I am zero carb except for the carbs in eggs??? I just ate 7 eggs some plan, some with butter, some with mayo... is that okay??? No right? That was for lunch... I ate two eggs, 4 no sugar bacon strips and 2 tbsp. my homemade mayo ( coconut oil, unsalted butter, egg yolks, cayenne, little sea salt and a squirt of lemon).. Anyone eat a ton of eggys in one sitting? I am trying to keep my fat up, and the steak I have a filet mignon... those aren't very fatty right? I soooo want my hunger to go away!!!!!
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-10, 10:34

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Yummy that chicken and bacon sounds good. Ok so I am zero carb except for the carbs in eggs??? I just ate 7 eggs some plan, some with butter, some with mayo... is that okay??? No right? That was for lunch... I ate two eggs, 4 no sugar bacon strips and 2 tbsp. my homemade mayo ( coconut oil, unsalted butter, egg yolks, cayenne, little sea salt and a squirt of lemon).. Anyone eat a ton of eggys in one sitting? I am trying to keep my fat up, and the steak I have a filet mignon... those aren't very fatty right? I soooo want my hunger to go away!!!!!

It'll definitely go away. I have days where I'm not hungry at all and I have to force myself to eat some sort of protein and fat every 5-6 hours, and other days where it seems no matter what I eat, I'm not full. I figure that's my body's way of telling me I'm actually hungry. Eggs, fillet mignon (yum!), butter, heavy cream, mayo...all good. If you're ever unsure if your meat is fatty enough, melt some butter on top. I have some boneless, skinless chicken breasts right now. No fat. So I make a butter & hot sauce mixture to make it like buffalo wings and I dip each bite into that. Problem solved.

I can't eat a ton of eggs in one sitting. One, I don't find eggs to be that interesting, and if I don't eat some sort of meat with it I seem to feel hungry again sooner. And two, I just don't eat much at a time anymore. A half cup of ground beef will keep me most of the day! Try changing up the way you make the eggs so you don't get bored with it. I like mine scrambled with a splash of heavy cream and then I throw in cheese cubes and crumbled bacon at the end.
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 16:37
Registered Member

BF:

Waaaa.... I ate 1/2 a stick of butter today with allllllll my eggys and steak.. And then Pork rinds!!!!! Deffinitely full now... I keep looking at the cheese and macadamia nuts, But I am trying to eliminate anything that would stall me... The only reason I keep eating the eggs is because I figure they are safest??? Is that true? You know not too much protein. And enough fat, although I am spreading butter on them!!!! Wow 1/2 a cup of ground meat I wish I could live on that!!!!! I have to stop this zero carb binge I am on... Maybe I am just destined to be an overeater of whatever I consume.....
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 19:10

Plan: Dirty Carnivore.
Stats: 191/163/140 Female 53"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:

I eat mostly Ground beef with added butter. When I want steak or eating out I have extra marbled ribeye.When i eat eggs I add mayo (deviled) or bacon and 4 to 6 is my meal. I only eat about 2 times a day because I get enough fat in my meals I 'm not hungry often. Try eating the fat first.
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 19:44

Quote:
Waaaa.... I ate 1/2 a stick of butter today with allllllll my eggys and steak.. And then Pork rinds!!!!! Deffinitely full now... I keep looking at the cheese and macadamia nuts, But I am trying to eliminate anything that would stall me... The only reason I keep eating the eggs is because I figure they are safest??

That doesn't sound like too much to me. You need to learn how the gourmet chefs cook. There's a great scene in the Omnivore's Dilemma where Michael Pollan's friend says "hmm.. this sauce needs some more butter." Pollan offers him a stick of butter and then his friend drops the WHOLE STICK in the sauce!

Personally I can't add much fat to my meat or I get diarrhea. Even if the meat is lean, it just doesn't seem to work that way for me. So I avoid lean meat and I don't eat egg whites. I've noticed that when I ate egg whites I could eat a whole lot of eggs and still be hungry. I still eat a lot of yolks sometimes but they're much more satisfying on their own. I don't have to worry about wasting food because I give the whites to my chickens (cooked). If you have a pet or an insane low-fat roommate, you can do the same.
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 08:37
Registered Member

BF:

Well well well.... I just took your advice.. Kinda... I made three hard boiled eggs with one "raw" yolk and 2 tbsp of butter. I am actually very satisfied!!!! I hope it lasts. I only did one yolk cause I was afraid I might not be able to stomach it. Is is gross that I ate it raw?? I loved it!!! Maybe I will do 2 yolks, two whole eggs next time?? And I am sticking with the higher fat to satify me, is that okay too??? I think I could live on this, I do love eggs! I am away at my cabin right now, so no animals except for the wildlife... But at home I can feed it to the chickens for sure!!! Great idea! Actually my sisters 6 kiddos would love to eat only the whites, but should I do that to them?? haha Yes they can have them with butter or cheese! Sorry Just talking to myself really... I will stop now. Thank you, thank you, all for your help!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 08:56

I might not give it to the kids - the whites are where the allergenic proteins are found, and you don't want to give the kids egg allergies.

By all means, have some raw egg yolks. You'll get more B12 that way. I sometimes make an "egg cream" with egg yolk, lime juice and seltzer water - tastes like lime sherbet! I'm thinking about trying it in the ice cream maker (without the seltzer, of course). I've also made smoothies with egg yolk in them. My 3-year-old asks for raw egg yolks sometimes. I put them in a bowl and she eats them with a spoon. She just had two for a bedtime snack last night!
  #133   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 09:01

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Apple

Sounds like your're finding ways to tweek your WOE that is satisfying and filling for you. Congratulations! I'm making the chicken dish (again) with HWC/butter sauce. It's absolutly delicious! Still at 72oz. of water daily.

Chicken Lazone

SERVES 4

Ingredients
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Tue, Jul-20-10 at 09:07.
  #134   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 12:03

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

So far today 72oz. water

chicken w/hwc sauce

2 mini burger patties
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 10:37

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
Apple

Sounds like your're finding ways to tweek your WOE that is satisfying and filling for you. Congratulations! I'm making the chicken dish (again) with HWC/butter sauce. It's absolutly delicious! Still at 72oz. of water daily.

Chicken Lazone

SERVES 4

Ingredients
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.

I made this last night without the salt. It was delicious.