Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-15, 19:06

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Does anyone visit this forum?

I just happened to see that quite a few of the posts are old
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-15, 23:04

BF:

Well I guess I will post here anyway. Sorry if I came across snotty. it wasn't intended

I did fairly well today with my food. Had a piece of one carb paleo toast with peanut butter, and BPC coffee. I put Coconut oil, PB, and divinci syrup in the coffee. It was delicious. If I don't get enough fat to stay full I get a headache.

For lunch I had Tofu salad. I smashed the Tofu with a fork and added Veganaise, which is the vegan answer to Mayonaise. I also had a lettuce salad, and a lc pudding for dessert.

For dinner I had a veggie burger and Broccoli. Also had some homemade veggie ice cream that I made myself. So I don't think my carb count was too high.

I have people feeling sorry for me because I have to eat as close to vegan as possible. I guess they think I am missing out on delicious food. Actually since my joints won't tolerate animal products anyway, it is a pleasure to help my body and save the planet.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-15, 10:18

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

You know, I never search for posts by forum, just go to the "New Posts" for link. Unless I'd clicked on this, I'd have no idea you were soliciting vegetarians (which I was at one point, not now).

Maybe if you could change the title (can the mods do that?) to something that includes the word vegetarian or vegan, you would get more comers?

I see you are on the Kitsap peninsula - I look across the sound to Kitsap (from Whidbey).
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-15, 00:19

BF:

Maybe you are right about the name of the forum. I didn't start the thread so I don't know.

I guess I am the only vegan lowcarber around anymore. It is too bad because I know I could use some advice/ friendship/ and guidance. I had been a vegan for years, but gave it up for awhile. I have come back to it for health concerns. Well it isn't the first time I have went on a solitary quest
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 13:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

if i see a post here, i will usually try to reply. I started eating meat again 3 years ago, but the first 6 years i was low carb, i was vegetarian.

Your menu sounds yummy!

how do you make your pudding and icecream? i am experimenting with coconut milk for both
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-15, 14:15

Plan: Atkins/combo=My Own WOE
Stats: 405/327/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Thumbs up

I just stopped by today. I used to visit a lot, but didn't post, but there isn't a lot of traffic for vegetarians at most of the forums I frequent.

I am doing low carb vegetarian, so I do eat processed foods like boca burgers, 365 vegan hot dogs, quorn faux chicken, and MSF faux chicken and burgers.

I usually drink Isopure protein drinks a couple of times per week, when i'm not into cooking much that day or if nothing appeals to me.

Lately, I have been in a rut, just eating whatever low carb vegetarian thing I can find. I have lots of recipes to try out so since I am feeling better, I am going to work on them.

For breakfast today, I had a MSF (morning star farms) sausage, egg, cheese biscuit for something around 15-17 carbs.
I like to make breakfast burritos with lc high fiber tortillas, around 5-7 carbs each and I make eggs and cheese, sometimes MSF sausage patties crumbled.

I use Yves Ground for any hamburger recipe and it works just like the real deal but I add extra spices. I have found with faux meats or tvp, I need more spices so it has taste. I like spicy foods anyway.

I use the quorn chicken cutlets to make chicken parmesan, sautee them and make an alfredo sauce, cut them up in chunks for stir fries.

I hope this helps. I'll drop by again soon, now that I know some people are here.

*I don't know how to edit my profile, but I am down to 327 now.*

Last edited by dezerei : Thu, Jan-29-15 at 14:20.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 17:59
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I still check in too, JMH. I am mostly vegetarian, but definitely not vegan since I love my cheese!

"Any Veggies Still Low Carbing?" thread was active for a while (I remember you there), and I know several check in from time to time. I am willing to keep checking in more often, but I may not be a lot of help since I do eat dairy.

For a while, I tried Paleo, but being veg made it almost impossible. Do eggs cause you inflammation?

Last edited by ccotta : Sat, Feb-14-15 at 18:14.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 18:04
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb /CAD/Veg(ish)
Stats: 192/185/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Dezerei, I eat a lot like you do (minus the biscuit ). It works for me pretty well, although when I drop the wheat products (Morningstar, lc tortillas, etc.) I do even better. It is so hard though when I drop them, that I usually cave and start buying them again!

As for changing your weight, click on User CP in the NavigationBar. Then on the left hand side you'll see your profile options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezerei
I just stopped by today. I used to visit a lot, but didn't post, but there isn't a lot of traffic for vegetarians at most of the forums I frequent.

I am doing low carb vegetarian, so I do eat processed foods like boca burgers, 365 vegan hot dogs, quorn faux chicken, and MSF faux chicken and burgers.

I usually drink Isopure protein drinks a couple of times per week, when i'm not into cooking much that day or if nothing appeals to me.

Lately, I have been in a rut, just eating whatever low carb vegetarian thing I can find. I have lots of recipes to try out so since I am feeling better, I am going to work on them.

For breakfast today, I had a MSF (morning star farms) sausage, egg, cheese biscuit for something around 15-17 carbs.
I like to make breakfast burritos with lc high fiber tortillas, around 5-7 carbs each and I make eggs and cheese, sometimes MSF sausage patties crumbled.

I use Yves Ground for any hamburger recipe and it works just like the real deal but I add extra spices. I have found with faux meats or tvp, I need more spices so it has taste. I like spicy foods anyway.

I use the quorn chicken cutlets to make chicken parmesan, sautee them and make an alfredo sauce, cut them up in chunks for stir fries.

I hope this helps. I'll drop by again soon, now that I know some people are here.

*I don't know how to edit my profile, but I am down to 327 now.*
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 18:15

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

You can click "edit" on your first post and change the title to something like: "Vegetarian Forum: Does any one post here?"
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-15, 17:20

Plan: Atkins/combo=My Own WOE
Stats: 405/327/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks ccotta...I got my weight changed now. I still have a long ways to go and I'll probably never give up dairy or processed foods completely, but I'm doing okay this way.

I put a picture of my LC Doctor on the fridge and his words="Don't eat the posion!!" That refers to starch and sugar.

We got an exercise bike that just needs to be assembled and we dug out the treadmill so I can start exercising again. I have lots of "sharpei" wrinkles around my knees and arms due to weight loss.

I tried a couple of vegetarian cheeses and sour cream and I just couldn't get used to them. I don't mind the Veganaise though.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 16:32

Plan: General lowcarb
Stats: 225/225/145 Female 5’0
BF:
Progress: 0%

Anybody here?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 18:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi. There's quite an echo in here. I don't know if you'd want to talk with me. I'm not a vegetarian. I followed a plant-based diet for a number of years, but ultimately it didn't work for me anymore. I follow Atkins but not in a meat-centric way. I'm here if you want to discuss your challenges, food selections, meal ideas, etc. Just wanted you to know an ear is available. Maybe if a conversation starts up, more vegetarians, semi-vegetarians and vegophiles will come out of the woodwork. Welcome to the fold!

Last edited by barb712 : Wed, Jul-19-17 at 18:53.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 18:14

Plan: General lowcarb
Stats: 225/225/145 Female 5’0
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for answering, barb712! I searched online and found the Eco-Atkins book on Amazon, but I'm going to see if my local bookstore has it first.
Do you know if there is a Eco-Atkins forum anywhere?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 18:52

BF:

I was just thinking about eco-atkins. I remember reading about it online but forgot where. If I can dig it up, I'll post it here.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-17, 19:17

BF:

I can't find any forums here or elsewhere online that have discussions specifically about Eco-Atkins. Here is a nice page on it, though:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/the-eco-atkins-diet/

And here's atkins.com's own take on it:

https://www.atkins.com/how-it-works...eco-atkins-diet

There are a lot of interesting threads right here in the Vegetarian Low Carbers forum. Maybe we could revive a few.

Last edited by barb712 : Wed, Jul-19-17 at 19:40.