Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Info About Meat And Eggs

[SIZE=2]I've Been On Atkins Or Low Carb For Closely 8 Months Now And My Weight Goes Up And Down.. From 1- 2 Lbs But Not Higher Than That. I Dont Know What Im Doing Wrong. Its Either Im Eating A Lot Or Not Eating That Much Or Probably Not Too Much Carbs? Or Stalled In A Way? But I Never Cheated As Far As Im Concerned.

I've Read A Lot Of Posts Here That Meat And Eggs Can Break The Stall And Make U Lose Weight.

Do You Guys Have Any Info About This And How To Do It?
How Long To Do It? Can I Eat Other Stuff Besides Egg And Meat?
any help is really appreciated

Thanks A Lot
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 11:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi xotcbabe,

I've on this meat/egg fast now since fri and I've lost 4lb (not been weighed today) I copied and pasted this from another post and keep it in word just incase I needed it. Here it is I hope it works. This is the full article I hope the person who posted it 1st doesn't mind me keeping it I found it under tips and stalls.

I dont know if you would be interested in doing this, but it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I started the egg/meat fast & some people only do it for 3 days, but I have been doing it for over a week now & have lost weight every day but one in which I stayed the same. I know others who are doing this, and having GREAT success!! I will stay on this until I lose 10 more pounds. I am in deep ketosis, and have zero appetite. I can still have my diet drinks, but I drink SOO much water If you are desperate, try it, you have nothing to lose, but the weight. Here are the rules of the egg/meat fast

THE RULES:

-Meat (of any kind) and eggs only
-a little bit of mayo (for tuna salad, deviled eggs, etc.)
-just enough fat to cook with
-spices are okay for cooking
-coffee, diet soda are okay, but you have to count them in carb count.(remember to count 1 carb for each splenda packet, and if you use creamer.)
-NO MORE THAN 5 CARBS A DAY!!!!!!!!
VITAMINS!!

Thats it in a nut shell!! This puts you in really deep ketosis! And the pounds just melt off.

After you decide to go back off of it you have to add foods in gradually, like a small salad or something, and then go from there. Its not hard at all, and I have lost 6 pounds in a little over a week. I am on another LC board and we have an egg/meat challenge, and it has really helped keep me on track!!

Thank you to the person who started it, it has been a great help.

wjd x
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:07
Registered Member

BF:

thanks wjd.. u really been helpful about this..im going to try this tomorrow and see what happens.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:09
Registered Member

BF:

congrats on ur weight loss
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (vegetarian)
Stats: 224/176/140 Female 64.5 inch
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thank you and good luck I hope it works for you, I thought it would be hard but it is'nt and I'm never hungry.

wjd x
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 12:19
Registered Member

BF:

i have another question, can u eat chicken or just meat of pork and cow?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 00:39
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You are already a healthy weight for your height and don't have much to lose to get to goal. It will probably just take time, patience and exercise. Getting a regular rutine to help tighten and tone would probably do more for you then watching the scale. In fact a good weight rutine may even add a pound or two while cutting down your dress size.

Since you are so close to a healthy weight, there is a good chance any weight lost through an extream fast would just come back once you went back to the normal LC eating. Picking up a copy of Atkins for Life and taking the time to permenetly get the inches off could have better results in the long run.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 06:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

xotcbabe-
I am in a similar situation to you and fluctuate 1-2 pounds everyday, but no real loss in months! I also feel the same about my diet: either I eat too much or too little? I wouldn't mind trying something drastic just to jump start my loss...can you post your menu for today? Maybe I'll tag along and do it with you....I am FIVE pounds to goal and pulling my hair out over this!!!!
Jenna
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 06:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 152/???/130 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 14%

XOTCbabe and Jenna

Okay...I've never really posted anything before but I've been on the forum everyday reading for the past 4 days. After doing Atkins for a month in January and not loosing a pound I gave up and went back to my old habits (bad idea) I gained 4lbs...Now i decided to go about it the right way(even picked up Atking New diet Evolution book and read it from cover to cover) I've read something about loosing inches but we all would like to see something on the scale (that's why we are here isn't it??).This is my sixth day on Atkins AGAIN and I have lost 1lb ( maybe not)..so how about XOTCbabe, Jenna and I do the meat and eggs fast as outlined in WJD's post and come back in 3 days with some results....
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:19

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I've been doing Stillman's for 4 days with very good results. You're welcome to visit my jounal and have a look.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:20
Registered Member

Stats: 123/117/112 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi-

I think we are roughly the same build (petite and not much to lose). I am doing the Fat Fast for two days now and finally got into ketosis! What stalled me I think before was eating TOO many eggs. It appears I can only eat about 2/day or I will stall. As far as meat, personally I prefer lean meats (chicken, turkey, turkey bacon, fish) over red meat. I seem to lose a little bit better with the leaner meats, possibly bc of calories. However, I do eat a nice juicy steak when I feel like it (once or twice a week). Especially tasty with a pat of homemade herb or macadamia nut butter. Good luck and keep us up to date!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:46

Default Malindi, I'm in!

Hey Malindi...
I think that sounds great! Where should we check in with each other? If XOTCbabe wants to do it too...we can really support each other....I am 5'1, I have a small frame and I weigh about 110-112 lbs. On my body that is about 5-7 lbs. too heavy and I have been desperately wanting to try something new....maybe if we support each other it will make it easier to get menu ideas and stuff!

Here is what I have had already today and am planning to eat now, I am pretty close to 5 carbs already...so tomorrow I will be sure to plan on having 5 carbs. Today I may have to adjust to about 7 because I already made my lunch:
breakfast-
14 ounce coffee w/1tsp. cream and 1 sweetn'low (3 carbs...I think)
2 All Natural Turkey Hotdogs (nitrate free and listed as 0 carbs)
3 eggs: 2 whites, 1 whole mixed w/1 tsp. mayo (~2 carbs)
lunch-
4 hard boiled eggs: 2 whites, 2 whole mixed w/1tsp. mayo (2.5 carbs)
dinner-
some type of chicken?

Malindi, like you, I prefer low fat meats like chicken and turkey. Usually I don't eat so many eggs, but they were about to expire in 2 days so I figured I would hard boil what was left and have them today! Can you post what you are going to eat? I am not so creative and other people's menus really help me. This is such a great idea! Thank you...you made my day!
Jenna
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:55
Registered Member

Stats: 123/117/112 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 55%

BTW, bc I don't have much to lose, I have to work EXTRA hard for Induction levels (20 gms. is too much for me). If anyone is interested, here are the foods that stalled me. i think it's bc of all the preservatives they put in:

- hot dogs
- pepperoni
- too much cheese (1/2 C day max)
- lunch meat
- pork rinds (1 C day max)
- veg. other than lettuce
- cream cheese (2 T day max)

Hopefully this will help someone!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:07

pbwh...we do have a lot in common! Cheese and Pepperoni are my worst lc enemies...lol! If you have time, can you post your typical menu? Do you use fitday? I do, but I really hate it becase it makes me so nervous about everything. How many calories/carbs do you eat per day? I typically eat anywhere from 700-1200 calories a day and usually under 10 carbs....but I just haven't found that perfect fit yet!
Jenna
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 08:13

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

OK--I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. Isn't eating just meat and protein bad for your body? Yes, I know you're taking vitamins but there are a lot of added benefits from eating vegetables (like fiber!) I admit I'm even a little leary of the "no fruit thing" on Atkins induction, but it does seem to work and I've done it for 6 months now with no ill effects. But--just meat???? That can't be good for your system.