Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#496   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 16:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I wonder if taking coconut oil and cortislim and GABA would be too many supplements? The coconut oil kind of fits in with the Atkins fat-as-fuel concept. The GABA sounds like it lifts metabolism and if it helps joint pain that will be a great thing for most folks.
Sponsored Links
  #497   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 19:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
would be too many supplements?

Hehe. Check out threads in the ATkins forum about "How many suppliments do you take" You'd be amazed at how many pills many take every day. Many though get tired of it and relax back to a multi vitamin and a couple others after a while.
  #498   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 08:41
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Ran out of the Relora. I have been taking it for a couple of months. Not sure that I really could see that it made a difference. I'm still using ooo because it helped with the sinus/allergy issues. It didn't seem to affect my weight loss either.
  #499   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 04:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
Hehe. Check out threads in the ATkins forum about "How many suppliments do you take" You'd be amazed at how many pills many take every day. Many though get tired of it and relax back to a multi vitamin and a couple others after a while.

Oh I take lots of vitamins(Bcomplex,C,D,Cal&Mag,Multi,Flaxoil) It is the odd "supplements" I was thinking of. Although it seems Relacore and Cortislim and others like that are 90% Vitamin C.
  #500   ^
Old Mon, Jul-12-04, 09:11

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdlemama
Just curious, when you didn't get it for that month, did you have cramps?
And was you TOM heavy when you finally did get it?
Mine seem worse than usual. I actually rarely have cramps but have had them for a few days now

Yhank you

When I didn't get it, there were no cramps...the next month when I did get it, I got minimal cramping (which is my usual). It wasn't really heavy, but lasted 2 weeks which is way beyond my norm.

I am on a new bc (seasonale....you only have a cycle once every 3 months) so things may be different the next time around. You can spot though...I'll let you know. I am also off of the relora right now, but will take again in a few weeks. I like the idea of taking it on a cycle. I was stalled again for a few weeks and decided to stop taking everything but my bc and I started dropping again. Not sure what would have caused the stall, but I sure liked the initial results of the relora.
  #501   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 03:36

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

AFWife, Thanks for that info on GABA. I was wondering what it was.
I've got an annoying knee problem; hence the appeal. If I decide to check it out, I'll let you all know the results.
  #502   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 08:01

Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingFst
AFWife, Thanks for that info on GABA. I was wondering what it was.
I've got an annoying knee problem; hence the appeal. If I decide to check it out, I'll let you all know the results.

I couln't believe it worked on my knee the 1st day! It was wonderful
  #503   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 08:07

BF:

And just an update on the ol TOM - still nothing 49 days now and no sign of it. I quess I will do another preg test next week or so. If you recall the 1st ones came out neg. so I have been taking the Relecore, OoO and now the GABA. I will keep you up on it it is really messed up big time.
  #504   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 17:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Early menapause attacking maybe?

Have you had problems with PCOS or irregular cycles in the past?
  #505   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
Early menapause attacking maybe?

Have you had problems with PCOS or irregular cycles in the past?

No irregular cycles in the past but the last 2 cycles were irregular. That is when I started taking the OoO. It was every 2 weeks and lasted 10 days! This happened for a couple cycles. I went from that to nothing! As far as menapause, maybe. I'm 43 but had blood work done about 6 mo ago and Dr. said I wasn't going through menapause yet and that my hormone levels looked real good.
  #506   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 10:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/149/135 Female 5 feet 3.5 inch
BF:39 %/28%/
Progress: 86%

Update on my use of relacore, I actually stopped it after 3wks because it was causing me to stall, but my friend has lost 4 inchs already and she has only been taking it for 3wks! I just guess my fat was not the type that this product could help.
  #507   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 08:07

BF:

Just an update:
Fianally got TOM after 60 days!!!
I really hope it will become regular again.

Seems this thread has come to a stop. How is everyone doing? Still no more weight loss for me but I have increased my walking into part running and for the last couple days have gone 6.5 miles. Yea me Now that my body is back on track, maybe things will move again.
  #508   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 09:24
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I had to quit taking it. It started upsetting my stomach and I didn't see enough benefit to put up with it, especially for the price.

For the record, GNC will only refund your money IF it says "Moneyback Guarantee" on the label. Maybe it was just a server problem, but when I tried to e-mail them about a refund at relacore.com, it gave me a "Page not found" ...

Last edited by potatofree : Mon, Jul-26-04 at 10:09.
  #509   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 00:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

Hey! I know this isn't part of the thread. I have gotten so disgusted with trying to lose weight that I decided to see if relacore really worked and found this thread. I have dieted, no more than 1500 calories ( I'm a big girl, so got to eat that ), worked out 5 days a week for an hour a day alternating with aerobics with weights and then weight training. I have lost nothing in the 6 months I've been doing this. No inches, lbs, nothing. I need help guys. Anyone else been through this? I am so disgusted that I don't want to work out anymore. Any advice? Please take in to account I'm 29, 3 kids, and 205 lbs. P.S. Had a tubal last year, could my hormones be out of whack or something?
  #510   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:23

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

Gee, Couch, maybe you should start a new thread with this question. I'm no expert, but many on the forum are well experienced with this kind of stall.
Have you tried Fitday to see if you're eating the proper proportions of fat, protein, carbs?
Maybe you're not eating enough. Some people find they lose better when they eat more.
Ask around.