Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#466   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 12:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/149/135 Female 5 feet 3.5 inch
BF:39 %/28%/
Progress: 86%

No one pushed Relacore on me, it is silly to think that a tread could force a person to buy or not to buy., I check things out and make decisions for myself if someone is so swayed by others words then surely they have bought other products besides this one and are probably the home tv market best customer :-)

seriously I tried it because I thought maybe it could help my stomach area for me it has not worked but I did insist that my friend try it and she has lost 2inch already in 2wks time, guess my body type was not able to use this product.
Sponsored Links
  #467   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 12:46
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks Yvette for your input.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Where you able to get anything at all from it. Did it help reduce stress or help with extra energy?

Glad to know your friend lost 2 inches.

I wonder why it would work for some and not others. What is it we hold in our bodies that allows or doesn't allow for certain things to work for us? Huummmmm!
  #468   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 21:22
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

IMO, it would only work for someone who is storing abdominal fat due to stress. I don't think this would apply to a majority of people, really.

As for the OoO... it is effective in treating candida overgrowth. If your weight loss resistance isn't caused by that, I doubt it would be much help.

I think sometimes people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon with something they think will magically end their weight struggle without stopping to read what it really IS.
  #469   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 06:40

Stats: 235/149/135 Female 5 feet 3.5 inch
BF:39 %/28%/
Progress: 86%

I am not sure why it did not work for me but my friend who is 260lb has seen a change in her cloths so for her it is a good product. I am willing to try anything once. I enjoy seeing how products work differntly for each person and trying to decide why or why not it would not work for me.
  #470   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:04

Stats: 165/158/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 28%

Update:
I took a preg test yesterday and this morn and they both came out negative That is a good thing for me. You know earlier when I said all 6 of my kids were planned I forgot to mention that in the 21 years we have been married we have NEVER taken ANY birth control. Not me or my DH. It is pure skill

Well here we are 22 days late. I think maybe the relecore is adjusting to me at this point
  #471   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
I might look into the energy part of it. I am severly dragging these days. My only problem is sometimes on stimulating suppliments I get kind of cranky. Right now though I have no energy to take care of the kids after coming home from work exausted and am getting almost no sleep.

I am about to the point of digging out the ECA stackers :P

I really think you should try this along with the OoO. The energy is so great. It doesn't make me cranky, I know what you mean though when you said that. I have 6 kids and a DH who is retired (worse than kids sometimes) and my youngest 20 months wakes 6 times during the night. I know this because I have 6 bottles of juice lined on my dresser and seems everytime he turns he asks for one (he sleeps with us) Trying to break him of this so they are only 3-4 oz of juice in it and IT is getting more watered down. I get up early to go for a 5 mile walk and I'm ok through the day. This stuff is great
  #472   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 09:01

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%

widdlemama...are you still taking ooo? That caused my cycles to be whacked. Didn't get one 2 months ago and last month it was 2 weeks early and lasted 2 weeks. Might want to check that out! I am on Relora (with some of the same properties of Relacore) and that hasn't caused me any issues. I did take Relacore for a few weeks and went back to the Relora because for some reason, I felt better on it. That is just my experience....
  #473   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 12:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmutti
widdlemama...are you still taking ooo? That caused my cycles to be whacked. Didn't get one 2 months ago and last month it was 2 weeks early and lasted 2 weeks. Might want to check that out! I am on Relora (with some of the same properties of Relacore) and that hasn't caused me any issues. I did take Relacore for a few weeks and went back to the Relora because for some reason, I felt better on it. That is just my experience....

Yes, I am still on the OoO. It wacked my cycle when I first took it. I guess it is still messing things up. When first taking it I got TOM every 2 weeks too and it lasted ten days. I went from that to now not getting one. Well I feel better knowing that someone else had the same thing happen. I wonder if it will ever go back to normal. I don't want to stop taking it because I really LOVE the way I feel with the combo. Thank you so much for your response.
  #474   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 13:25

Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

I have been taking relacore for about 2 weeks now and I notice my moods are better and I have more energy. I also take ooo but I haven't noticed any difference with that. I haven't noticed any big difference in my stomach. Maybe I haven't taken it long enough. Peg
  #475   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:44

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

I haven't been around for a few days so I'm just catching up on the threads.

AFWife, I never have thought you've been pushy about anything, I actually find the mere thought of that pretty laughable. You've been informative, supportive & honest, & I don't think any of us would want you any other way. Keep those reports coming...
  #476   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 16:53
Alan Rickman Addict

Stats: 220/139/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFwife
I would like anyone here, whether you have received results with Relacore or not to please tell me honestly, have I pushed this product on you? Cause apparently a certain someone seems to think I have. I have tried to share my results with all of you so you all can decide for yourselves if this is something you'd like to try, just like it was done with the OoO thread. Thank you!

Well, I took Relacore for a month and had wonderful results - less moodiness, less anxiety, lost 1+ inches on my hips and waist. In the couple of weeks that followed my stopping the Relacore my weight and inches have gone up. I even resorted to going back on induction to minimal results.

Glad to hear that so many have had great luck
  #477   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 01:54
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thank you Melting and Seto.

I no more info so far, everything has stayed the same. Perhaps it's the exercise helping it stay that way. Who know! But I'll keep at it if that's what it'll take to keep them from creeping back.

Take care.
  #478   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 06:40

Stats: 248/140/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 105%

Yesterday was my two week on Relacore, 1/2 " gone from waist, and 1" gone from tummy area. No additional weight loss. No adverse side effects.
  #479   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 07:59

Stats: 195/136.5/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:33.5%/23.4%/21.5%
Progress: 84%

AF did not cohearce me into taking this product. The thought is pretty laughable actually. Did this thread influence me? Yes! I tried relacore & it gave me pretty bad stomach discomfort. I went off of it. Then back on(my stomach settle down) then off again. For me. the cycling on & off has been terrific. I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks. I am going to continue to try this method & see what happens.
I also found that instead of taking 2 tablets 3xs a day I am better off taking 1 tablet every 2 hours. My stomach stays settled.

JMHO!
  #480   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 08:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
Oh. and by the way Widdlemama, GABA is wonderful!! You'll love it!

Got my GABA yesteday and took one right away. It did seem to make me calm or sleepy? I remember then reading it is good to take it 30 min before bed.

How much do you take of the GABA?
What affects about it do you like?
When do you take yours and how much?

Mine is 750 mgs and it says take 1. My Dh read from one site that to do good you need at least 2-3 times that amount to increase the hgh.

Thank you