Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 23:20

Plan: Knocked up
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 173%
Default A few points of interest.

I love to read about health and fitness. Everything interests me anymore. I LOVE how the DANDR tricks your body into giving up its own fat. It's amazing! So I try and read other things I can do to 'trick' my body or encourage it to function at its best.

Here are a few things I read in May's issue of Fitness Rx for Women. Not all of this is new, just things I had forgotten or that I assumed didn't really matter but they do......Text has been abbreviated. I believe this would also apply to men.

1.) GH - Growth Hormone - The wealthy buy it in treatment form in Hollywood, WE can cause our body to let loose a bit more for FREE!

GH is released in about 6 'pulses' a day. The largest pulses appear during the first one-third of a nights sleep AND following intense exercise.

Getting enough sleep is critical! Many studies show that GH secretion is greatest during slow wave sleep. Taking a natural sleep aid, such as melatonin, may enhance deep sleep and promote maximum GH release.

GH is a potent fat fighter! It causes fat cells to release fat into the bloodstream and prevents them from storing new fat.

Optimizing GH levels helps you gain muscle and lose fat.

The body uses carbohydrates as fuel during exercise intensities above 65% maximum effort. Intense exercise triggers greater fat use than normal during recovery. You burn more carbohydrate when you train at near maximum intensity which triggers increased fat use during recovery, the rest of the day and all night.

2.) When to exercise - The best approach to eliminate fat around your waist is to do your aerobics at a different time of day than your weights, because this will give you two chances to increase your metabolic rate each day.

Exercise before you eat. More of the energy burned during moderate treadmill work in the 'fasted' state comes from fat. Compared to energy used after a meal.

Just wanted to share.
Sponsored Links