Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 11:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

I guess if I got a routine using it, I could exercise upstairs, which would be a big plus in the winter, as I like to close the basement off and not heat it much. I just never felt like there was room upstairs, and I didn't really want the wear & tear on the upstairs carpet. But there is room in the kitchen for one of those trampoline things. Hmmm... I'm really giving this serious consideration here. I hope I can find one with the handles, fairly cheap.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 14:48

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Okay, I got one. It says it has a DVD and routine with it. I'll check back in and let you know how it's going. It has a monitor thing on it that counts how many jumps and calories burned. (I am going to lie about my weight!! )
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 15:42
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thanks 2bthinner, please let us know how you like it. I am considering buying one for inside too.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 17:18

yes, 2bthinner, we await your evaluation of it.
Where did you get yours? Does it have the bar in front?
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-08, 20:39

Well, I got it unfolded and open. Then I read that you're supposed to get TWO strong people to open it, or you could be injured or killed.... No injury, but it did take me two tries... This one doesn't have a bar, but it does have resistance "ropes". They loop around two of the legs, one on either side of the mini trampoline. I was right that you do have to work a bit to bounce. It doesn't have the same give as a regular trampoline. Which is a good thing, it makes it more work! I didn't jump on it too much tonight, as I need more, um, support. I still had to clean up the kitchen and all, so I'll do a longer one tomorrow.

I got it at WalMart for 35 something. It comes "pre strung", but you also have to put on this silver pad around the edge. That was interesting. You have to line these holes up with the six legs. The next to the last leg hole is difficult. Also, if you fold it to store it, you have to take off the legs. The legs screw on. One of them has a flange (dent) but it's for the counter thing. I didn't get to watch the DVD as my DD was playing her game. Then she was jumping on the mini trampoline. So, I'll report back on what contortions the DVD is going to tell me to do!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-08, 11:18

Waiting for your report.................
I looked at them Sun. The WalMart one was only 36" across & I thought when I had read about them (but the ones I read about were higher priced) that they were 40". I'm starting to think that IF I decide to invest in one, I'll have to bite the bullet and spend $100 & get one with the bar in front. I just think if I felt safer, I'd be more likely to use it.
But, I'm really interested in your results..........

Last edited by catsrus : Tue, Nov-04-08 at 20:28. Reason: to add subscribe to thread
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-08, 11:26

YouHoo - Marcia Mae - I hope you didn't injure yourself on that new trampoline................
Anxiously awaiting your evaluation of it.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-08, 14:46
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

2bthinnner bought the new trampoline, not me I have the big outdoor trampoline. I am waiting to hear on how well the mini version works also, I'd like to buy one, but don't want to waste my money on another useless exercise gadget.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 09:41

Ooops! My bad.
Well SO bought me shoes that supposedly have springs in the soles. They don't 'feel' bouncy, but they are comfortable. I had decided if he did that (he'd mentioned it) that I'd probably forget about the trampoline and sign up at the fitness center and do the tread mill instead. But I'm still anxious to hear how the mini tramp works, since there seem to be tons of bennefits of using them.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-08, 16:06

I still haven't gotten to watch the DVD. Maybe I'll test out my new computer. My old one just died of Alzheimers! All the information in it, just kinda slipped away.

I have jumped on it. I think I need to use shoes as I feel like my feet slide.

My DH says it makes his head hurt. Like I said, it is a bit more work than a regular one. The dog just can't figure out what I'm doing!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 09:06

You mean when DH jumps on it, it makes his head hurt - or do you mean when you jump on it, it makes his head hurt?
Have you tried jogging on it? Can you do jumping jacks on it? I have a toddler mattress sitting around that I've been going to put on the floor and see if I could use it sort of like a mini trampoline- I mean that's what kids do isn't it? LOL The thing for me is that a good deal of my cardio DVDs have a time of doing jumping jacks in them and I just can't do them because I have a little bit of drop foot. I thought maybe the trampline (or possibly the mattress) would help me with that.
Will still be anxious to hear further evaluation of the product.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 10:23

Quote:
or do you mean when you jump on it, it makes his head hurt?
Not sure why that struck me funny, but it did!

No, his head hurts when he jumps on it.

I can do limited jumping jacks. I'm fairly tall, and it's not horrendously wide. But, I can do shoulder width.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-08, 11:43

Well, my knees have been hurting so I still haven't taken the toddler mattress to the basement to try using it as a "trampoline". Or even if I used it with a Leslie Simmons walking workout DVD maybe would be good.....................
Any further report 2bthinner?