Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 17:11

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Just joined Curves-its new to town

I was so pleased to find a new Curves gym in town. I joined today and look forward to my circuit training.

They are must better on the "hard sell" long term committment that the other national gyms abuse. There is a set up fee but the term of use can be stopped with a 30day notice.

It was pretty busy on Sat but I think it looks great-and music to keep you moving.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 17:33
Registered Member

Plan: akins
Stats: 187/183/145
BF:???
Progress: 10%

I did curves last year, actually I paid for a full year, but unfortunatly my job liked to change my hours weekly and I just couldnt get into the swing of things, BUT, while I was there it was GREAT, now that I am at home I wish so much that I could renew from the time I stopped, I would go 3 times a week easy. enjoy, the friendship is great too.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 17:49

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I joined Curves two weeks ago and it is great! I always HATED excercise. Clubs were too intimidating. Some programs were so monotonous I quit in boredom, others left me so sore I would just give up. But I actually look forward to going to Curves, and for me to even say that is, well, bizarre, but it's true!

Another little bonus - I am going to be out of town all next week, but they gave me a guest pass so that I can workout in the Curves in the town I will be in (and they are everywhere).

I hope you enjoy it and get as much out of it as I do. I can already feel a difference in the way my clothes fit (thanks to both Atkins and Curves of course).

#4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 19:05
Registered Member

Stats: 163/156/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I joined about 6 weeks ago. I never excercised a day in my life, if you don't count high school gym.

I really enjoy it and the fact that it only takes 30 minutes. The people there are great and helpful. The monthly weigh in really gives me motivation. I try to go everyday, sometimes at lunch and sometimes in the eveing to brek things up.

And it is great you can go to any curves that you want.

Between dieting and Cirves it is great. They have a few diet plans as well and one of them is like Atkins.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

They opened one up close to where I live. How much does it cost? What exactly do you do there?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 07:09

Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

The price is going to differ where ever you are. I'm in a low rent town in a high cost area(DC metro) and it is $39 a month. Depends on the market I expect. But --they dont make you commit for long term with no out like some other gyms.

Its pretty structured. THey havea circle of machines that you play musical chairs with. You use 1 machine then move to a floor pad where you walk in place to keep heartrate up then next machine then aerobic on pad- 2 circuits of the room and you are done.

I like the idea-you (very few) trips to gym I wandered and waited more then I exercised. I am worried about my bursitis that restrictes my arm movement-they say they can do work-around til
it gets better and this will give me arm strength to keep from reinjuring it. Check it out- They will make an appt to walk you around and show you before you decide.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

My mom is going to the Curves where she lives. She really likes it and is doing the diet they have that is like Atkins. I've thought about going, but I want to wait until some things I've got going on settle down a bit. Sounds like a good place, though
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I actually belong to another facilty where I do step class which I really enjoy. I am not real good about keeping up with my weight program. Are the stations weight stations along with some aerobic stuff?