Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
20lbs in 10 days?
Posted by MelindaE
Posted Thu, Jul-11-02
Female 69
Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 175/134/135
BF:19%
Progress: 102%
Post 20lbs in 10 days?

HI everyone.

I'm relatively new here in lowcarb land and I really like it so far. Although I've been kinda stuck at around 160ish I have a question for anyone who will answer.

I know quick diets aren't the answer and I'm kinda not trying to defeat my purpose, but I'd like to know if it's possible to lose 20 pounds in 10 days., and if anyone has done this or come close to doing it I'd really like to know how.

Would I drink a gallon or two of water and eat ZERO carbs? Would I exercise my BUTT off and can I still be healthy doing this??

Thanks in advance.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by Kristine on Thu, Jul-11-02, 15:17

Yes: get liposuction, or amputate a limb.

Seriously, though, it's impossible. Your body won't do it. Remember: to lose a pound of fat you have to burn off 3200 calories above and beyond what you consume. That's presuming a *normal* metabolism. If you crash diet, your metabolism gets way below normal. Plus, the more times you do this, the slower you permanantly make your metabolism.

You can try it, but if you lose 20 lbs in ten days without surgical intervention, I'll eat my computer.

So lemme guess: you have a big party or trip next Friday. It's too late to be sweating over weight, just try to have fun, anyway.

10 comments [read all comments]

Article tools