Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Does anyone know where I can buy some hope!
Posted by OKya
Posted Mon, Dec-03-01
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280.2/252.4/168
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Does anyone know where I can buy some hope!

Hi all,

The stories I have been reading here are very inspiring, but I am losing faith fast at the moment. I have been on the atkins diet for about 4 months now. In the first month I lost 20lbs but since then I have really struggled to lose any more, the most I managed was up to 26lbs. I have since put 6lbs back on. I am still about 60lbs overweight so as you can see - a long way to go! I am losing faith, as no matter how well I ate (i.e. without cheating) I couldn't seemt o lose any more.

How important is excercise to this programme? I currently work between 60 - 70 hrs a week in an office environment and so am usually too tired for excercise by the time I get home.....the other problem I am having is the cost of eating this way. I live in the Uk where food is bit more expensive than the US, my food bills have gone up by four times the amount since starting this diet (I was a vegetarian before)! Although my husband and I rarely eat out any more as there are not many places we can go to where there are options we can choose on Atkins, I spend all my time cooking the same old stuff. BREAKfast is the most broing, we have eggs and ham or bacon everyday, for lunch I usually have a chees or ham salad, but the only vegetables we eat are a bit of salad, brocolli, Cauliflower or swede - with meat/fish. This doesn't sound so bad, but when you have it everyday for 4 months it gets a little tedious! I love the way the atkins has made me feel, but as i haven't lost any weight in 3 months now - I am feeling really fed up...has anyone got any ideas why this might be the case?
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by Natrushka on Mon, Dec-03-01, 07:31

Amanda, how about starting a Journal in the bootcamp section of the forum. Your problems could be a result of many little things, listing your daily menus would help greatly pinpoint things. What you eat, when you eat it, how much. What you're drinking; are you on any meds? Are you stressed? All these things will effect weight loss.

As for the dollar issue; I suggest checking out Andy Davies Journal "Another way of doing it" He's got some good ideas for UK members on a fixed income. Also, take a look through the recipe and kitchen forums; there are some great meals there. Sometimes all you need is a change.

Best of luck,
Nat

12 comments [read all comments]