Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 20:24

Plan: not sure still learning
Stats: 170/170/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Site help

Hi ,
I hope this isn't against therules posting this here. I nneed to know how to post on the introduction site..LOL......ok we all agree I'm a dunce. I see how to reply but how do i post.I want to follow the rules ..really I do.
Thanks JAN
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 22:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 127/127/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Thanks For the Welcome

I am on Atkins for the second time around, having just graduated college and adjusting to life with my parents again and NOT being able to buy all my own groceries! They also think I have no weight to lose, so they are not that supportive. However, when I tried the plan at school I felt so much better about myself and so much more energetic I know it's something I have to do.

I also get chronic migraine headaches, and I have done some research that a low-carb diet (because of the nonexistence of sugar) really prevents them. Anyhoo, looking forward to meeting a lot of new people who are in the same boat! Great site!

Cores
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 16:32

Plan: Fast and Easy
Stats: 245/215/170
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking

Thanks for the welcome. My wife is successfully using Atkins, but I thought I would try Sommers. First thing I read was that she was having a problem with SommerSweet. Hmm! Still reading her book so I have not really started yet. Soon, very soon. Phil62
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 18:05

Stats: 161/146/135
BF:00/35%/24%
Progress: 58%

Thank you for the welcome. I've been doing atkins for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 11 lbs. Looking forward to having Company on my LOSING journey.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 18:24

Stats: 180/164/140 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Smile This is my first post here

but I've been lurking for a while, just getting to know the site, getting to know you all a bit.

I started LC (Atkins) back in late May 2002 and have dropped almost 40lbs and 22 inches! The inches are the very best!

I have a very energetic and slender almost 6 year old daughter (she's my one and only), and as an older mom, at 49, I really have to run to keep up with her. Luckily, my DH is also doing Atkins and has had similar success. I've always loved the high protein foods with veggies (just loved bread a bit too much) so LC has been great for me. DH was a rice/pasta/potato/bread/apple pie junkie so it's been a bit harder on him to break his addictions.

We are both aboth 15-20 lbs within goal weight and at the OWL/pre-Maintenance stages. I sure know I can maintain my current weight with ease...losing a bit more has certainly become harder though!

This is really a wonderful site and I have learned a lot.

Last edited by okantomi : Sun, Feb-23-03 at 18:30.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 23:31
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default im a newbie

Started atkins two weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds. i must admit that i did not read the books. my mother suggested that i try atkins so i just jumped on it. i stumbled across this site today and now i feel extra motivated! i have the old atkins book but tomorrow im going out to by the new one. im hoping this is going to work for me.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:16

Plan: modified -no red meat
Stats: 191/188/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Cool

Thank you for the welcome.
Reading --- You can never learn enough about this way of life.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:57

Plan: CALP
Stats: 267/237/180
BF:
Progress: 34%
Cool Thanks for the welcome.

I just found this site tonight...just what i've been looking for. I started my lc program on 1-19-03 using CALP as my guide. I have been able to lose 24 lbs and numerous inches. I am taking chromium supplement as per CALP and I walk briskly for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 miles (usually 1 hr.) about five days per week.

I am almost afraid to say that since day one, I have had no trouble staying with the plan. So far, I have been able to cook with enough variety that I am not bored or disappointed with anything I've tried. Currently, I am beginning a basic weight program that I will use about 3 times per week.

It has just been in the last 3 years that my weight has gone up...quitting smoking after 32 yrs... and health issues that lead to 2 yrs. of nearly total innactivity.

Anyway, I'm so glad I found this site and look forward to getting to know the people here.

Good Luck to all

drakesprig
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 11:16

Stats: 188/153.6/120
BF:
Progress: 51%

Thank you for the newcomer's tips. I am two months into the Atkins and am at a stall. I was surfing on the net and found this forum. This is just what I need. I was getting discouraged and my husband thought perhaps I needed to switch from LC to low cal. However, I now have renewed hope!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 10:58

Stats: 197/191.5/165
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile My first day!

Hi! Today I started the Atkins diet. I am so excited. I will start looking around the site for some help. I really need some ideas for what to eat during this induction phase. Any menu ideas would be greatly appreciated! Here we go!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 18:27

Stats: 160/155/120
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile fitday.com

Thanks for the tip on fitday.com, I have been looking for a place to track what I am eating and excerise amount. I have lost 5 pounds already on the atkins diet I started earlier this week. Good Luck to everyone.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 16:42

Stats: 197/199/170 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: -7%
Unhappy

Thanks for the welcome. I started Atkin's with my DH in January. We were doing fine and both losing when our diet intersected with a long ago planned trip to Puerto Vallarta. We tried, but it was hopeless. So we are starting induction again today and feel very refreshed from a week in the sun and even more committed by the snugness of our clothes.
The forum was rocommended by another user and I am looking forward to the added support. I tried a low fat site ~ 18 months ago and really enjoyed the user forums there, although, the low fat thing just does not work. I lost more weight during my 1st 2 weeks on Atkin's than I did in 2 months on low fat. I am a total believer.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 05:58

Stats: 350/257/175 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi
This is so new to me.Computer new,Forums new,lowcarbing new!! I am doing ok but cannot get into ketosis.I hear what everybody says about not obsessing but......Also excercise is a problem not lack of time lack of want to..

Dessertmom
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 16:39
Registered Member

Stats: 201.5/196/130
BF:dont know
Progress: 8%
Default New member - anyone in NYC?

Hello! My name is Claudia and I've been on induction for a week. I"ve lost 4lbs and feel really good.

I'm a physician assistant student and decided to try this way of eating after researching it through my medical books and really seeing that all the researsh regarding ketosis and fat burning is true, so I can say I'm my own science experiment!

I'd like to partner with people who are interested in supporting each other, sharing recipes and exercise routines, as I feel it will make it easier to stay on the program. There is so much temptation from the carb world that I'd like to strengthen myself by developing relationships with like minded people.

I thank you all in advance and look forward to doing a lot of research through this forum!

Claudia
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 18:14
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hi everyone!

Hello fellow newbies. I just started on March 1 with Atkins induction and so far so good.

It's great to "meet" other people starting in the same time frame.

Let's raise a glass (water, of course) to our inevitable success!

K.