Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 01:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/148/115 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

Dave, I am in Brisbane and it is getting very warm here.
The gym has airconditioned rooms where they hold the classes so i may have to join in a few of them instead of the usual cardio and weights.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-05, 04:24
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 202/176/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Everyone, Each time I log on there are a few more people chatting, This is really great, Aussie LCers are alive and well.
Today the scales finally moved again. I have been stuck on 83kgs for nearly a week, but today I was just under 82kgs, YaHoo! I am trying to drink as much water as I can, I really don't like it, but eveyone keeps saying drink more water and you'll lose quicker. They are right.
It was rather cool here today, actually had to put on a cardigan.
Tara, I'm glad you finished the kindy chocs, luckily I dont' crave chocky much and when I do I have a piece of the 3 min choc cake and that does me for a few days. I guess we all have our vices. I love the cheesecake I make with cream cheese, cream and splenda. I usually chop a few strawberries into it and Monday I made it and put it in those kids decor ice block thingies and made ice creams. At only 3 carbs each they are yum and they take longer to eat than not frozen. I find them quite satisfying for a treat.
I can't exercise much unfortunately as I've done my back. At the moment I am waiting to have more tests and then probably surgery. i have found I am losing weight even though I can't exercise, which is great for me.
That's it for today. Talk soon. may you all be lighter tomorrow.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 00:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Hi everyone,

Not too much happening here this weekend. I am going to do the big weigh in tomorrow, tried today and was 77kg but hadn't "been" to the loo yet **sorry if TMI** and hadnt feed the baby yet so both boobs were chocka block full of milk. So i am guessing with those variables my weight was probably closer to 75kgs. I certainly hope so

I really need to get back on track, am finding it a bit hard to be 100% committed ever since the kindy chocolate incident. I need to go through my photo albums I think and look at fat me pics. I have a party to go to at the end of the month and it is a friend of my husbands that we havent seen in about 4 years, my husband has recently caught up with him, but he hasnt seen me. To this friend appearance is everything and last time we saw him I would have been about 100kgs, he was around when i was only a size 12 and saw me go up to a size 22. So it would be really nice to go to this party and be back down to at least 70kgs by the end of the month. Highly unlikely unless i start running a marathon everyday and watch every gram that goes in my mouth.

Has anyone else stumbled upon complacency after loosing a fair bit of weight? How do you overcome it??

Hope u are all having a great weekend.

Tara
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 02:33
Registered Member

Stats: 160/148/115 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

I overcame it by having a goal to aim for...a party i am attending with hubby where i want his workmates to see he has an attractive wife, not a frumpy one. it keeps me focused.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-05, 22:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

The group is growing, hello to relle and Sambalam.
DawninAust..exercising in the heat is really going to test me. I only just started back when I started LCing. We have have had a few "warm" days and I absolutely withered while walking and exercising. You will apppreciate the a/c gym.
Relle I sorry you are having a testing time with your health, any walking at all will do you good, its the only thing I really do regularily. Something better than nothing. Hope Lcing brings you some good resuts.
Hey tigger how are you going with the exercise ball, I have just started using it...it is tough to balance and do those moves at the same time. Our weight is very close and mine also moves around a bit. I can't blame mine on swollen boobs You have done a great job with your weight loss, keep strong and you'll loose something by the end of the month.
LC Dave its sounds like you are really missing the heat...you'd be freezing at the moment we have had mostly rain and wind. (Suns out today though)
Well who has lost this week , its nice chatting but we have to support eachother in our weightloss endeavours. I can only report1lb it was 2lb but I was bad on the weekend but I enjoyed and will not feel guilty. You gotta have some yummies to keep you sane.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 00:16

Afternoon guys

Well today I havent cheated once, and to top it all off..... I just did a 35min exercise ball dvd. My legs feel like big lead weights now!!! what a difference doing that type of work out while LC'ing too, i was starting to feel all wobbly towards the end. Dont get like that from walking. Maybe its coz I have only had 14grams of carbs so far today? Anyway am going to go and guzzle a bucket load of water now

Catchyas later

tara
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 01:09

Stats: 184.8/164.1/149.6 Female 165 cm  5' 4"
BF:>30%/19%/12%
Progress: 59%

Hi Sis, well this is a nice little chatty thread you guys have going here! It's amazing how many threads must be going on that you never get to see because of the huge turnaround in threads in the first few pages, or under the "new threads" entry.

After doing really well again last week, I sort of flunked out again over the last 4-5 days, but have decided to get right back into things as this week and I've done well so far today. Only carbs I've had have been in two protein drinks. Will have a big plate of veggies with some chicken for dinner. The other half is also starting back LC-ing today, which always helps!

Hello to all those other Aussies. I'm tigger's sister and I live up in Townsville, where I would have to say the thermometer is definitely on the rise. This will be my first summer here, as I lived in Brissie until March. Interesting to see how I deal with the heat. But, I didn't have air conditioning in Brissie and my gym's where never air conditioned, very different to where I am up here. As I write this I am sitting in a lovely cool airconditioned room!

Well, Hi to all - and especially to tigger. May well check in again soon. Have been trying to find some people to come onboard a 30 cheat free challenge. Really need some kind of motivation to get me back on track!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 01:40

Hi Sis, tried calling u earlier u must have been out and about. I will do the 30 day cheat free challenge with u. I think that might be just what i need before Quentin's 30th birthday party at the end of the month.

talk 2 u tomorrow
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 02:41

I went out to tennis around 4.30pm and I heard the phone ring just as I left. Came back inside and *10#'d but it was a private number so that could have been you.

Welcome onboard the 30 day cheat free express. I know that we'll both make big changes in that 30 days - look how much we both changed last time we stuck well to the WOL for 30 days.

Will be home tomorrow after school.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 02:52

Talking

Tarnya> forgot to say earlier.... OMG it is a bit hard to balance on isnt it!! Especially when u have to go from side to side while boucing up and down on the ball. Oh but hardest of all for me was when i was lying on my back with my legs in the air and the ball between my legs at my ankles - and squeezing together. Will give it another go tomorrow, hopefully it will become easier as time goes on too. Do u follow a dvd? I have the basic one that came with the ball but am thinking about going and browsing ebay to see if there are other ones i can get.

night all
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 05:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/205/140 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default 30 day challenge? Yes Please!

I'd LOVE to join the 30 day cheat-free challenge, please. Am on inducton (still have 55lbs to lose) and just being tempted to cheat after 2 1/2 weeks of plateau weight (and NO loose clothes) even though I register 2nd to darkest ketone stix reading (am guzzling water to make sure it's not dehydration) I wonder if maybe the calories I have are just too high and the fat being burned is solely ingested food fat, not body fat (sigh). Still want to stick with it, but really would appreciate some support just now. I'm amazed and glad that I don't crave chocolate/icecream any more, but enjoy the mock danish, it's yum. I'll join you in this 30 day challenge for sure. catdogqld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usul001
Hi Sis, well this is a nice little chatty thread you guys have going here! It's amazing how many threads must be going on that you never get to see because of the huge turnaround in threads in the first few pages, or under the "new threads" entry.

After doing really well again last week, I sort of flunked out again over the last 4-5 days, but have decided to get right back into things as this week and I've done well so far today. Only carbs I've had have been in two protein drinks. Will have a big plate of veggies with some chicken for dinner. The other half is also starting back LC-ing today, which always helps!

Hello to all those other Aussies. I'm tigger's sister and I live up in Townsville, where I would have to say the thermometer is definitely on the rise. This will be my first summer here, as I lived in Brissie until March. Interesting to see how I deal with the heat. But, I didn't have air conditioning in Brissie and my gym's where never air conditioned, very different to where I am up here. As I write this I am sitting in a lovely cool airconditioned room!

Well, Hi to all - and especially to tigger. May well check in again soon. Have been trying to find some people to come onboard a 30 cheat free challenge. Really need some kind of motivation to get me back on track!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-05, 15:56

Happy to have you on board catdog. I have a thread just for the 30 day cheat free. Not that it's been very busy yet!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...302#post5634302

The good thing about 30 days, is that after another 30 days we can just start again if we want, so if you miss the start you're never too far away from another one starting.

I'm going to document how it makes me feel both physically and mentally as things improve.

BTW, there are often times where you plateau for a short period of time, but don't stress - it will move. Take measurements and use them as a guage rather than the scales.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 13:45

Morning everyone,

Hoping that you are all well and busy losing weight My only news is that I have lost another kilo this week from being back on strict lc'ing. I have had to go through the headaches etc again due to my week of chocolate eating. But havent woken up with one this morning so it looks positive.

Anyway must go and feed the kids, just wanted to kick the thread along.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 19:25

Plan: The Power of Protien
Stats: 171/163/143 Female 170cm
BF:35%
Progress: 29%

Hi All,

Have been reading up on all of the advice and tips on all of the threads, and came across your very supportive group. I am nearly at the end of week 2 of induction and think I have been pretty good. I am averaging between 15 - 20g carbs per day. After the first week I lost about 3 kgs, but this week nothing. The stick is showing moderate fat burning, but being a women may be playing havoc with my results.
I miss certain things, especially when the girls have morning tea at work, or when I have to dodge certain foods at a dinner party but on the whole I feel ok. Just wish I could see some more results. i go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week (30min only) and have just made it to 1km on the treadmill jogging so my energy is definately better. Any thoughts on whether I should repeat induction??
I have been eating an atkins bar a day, so maybe I should give them a miss. Need to lose around 12kgs hopefully be Christmas!!

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating in the thread.

Cheers
lola
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 20:44
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola123
Hi All,

Have been reading up on all of the advice and tips on all of the threads, and came across your very supportive group. I am nearly at the end of week 2 of induction and think I have been pretty good. I am averaging between 15 - 20g carbs per day. After the first week I lost about 3 kgs, but this week nothing. The stick is showing moderate fat burning, but being a women may be playing havoc with my results.
I miss certain things, especially when the girls have morning tea at work, or when I have to dodge certain foods at a dinner party but on the whole I feel ok. Just wish I could see some more results. i go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week (30min only) and have just made it to 1km on the treadmill jogging so my energy is definately better. Any thoughts on whether I should repeat induction??
I have been eating an atkins bar a day, so maybe I should give them a miss. Need to lose around 12kgs hopefully be Christmas!!

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating in the thread.

Cheers
lola

Hi Lola, and welcome!

I think you are doing very well indeed, and I wouldn't change anything just yet. Time and time again we see people have a little "pause" or "plateau after the initial weight loss. Your body seems to be taking stock and coming to terms with the loss.

Did you know that the average amount lost during Induction is 10% of the amount you need to lose? You are already 17% down, so are well ahead of the game. I think it's a shame that Dr Atkins emphasised the large amounts people can lose, because in reality, it's only folk who need to lose much larger amounts who lose 1 pound per day and more during Induction.

So, my advice would be to carry on exactly as you are, and before long I'm sure you'll drop some more. Maybe if you don't lose anything for another week or so, you could ditch the bars, but for now I think you are doing really well.

Cheers, matey.

Roz