Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2461   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 16:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- Sorry- you have given me the giggles big time! TEENAGER!!! What was the clue? Makeup- eyebrows, phone attached to her hip.
Believe it or not SOMEDAY they will turn around and become normal again! In the meantime = wine.
I do wonder though- she is at a new school. So did all her friends go there too? Is she in classes where she know anyone? Jr. High is a frekin scary place. Just asking! Are there any "fun" art classes that might draw her in?

Blue- So glad you are BUSY!!!!!! Yea - you will be fine. I know it.
Thank you for your kind email.

KMOM- 6/5 today! How are you doing? Is your heart behaving?

Leeann- Love hearing all about your launching of beautiful kids too! Enjoy your date!!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!!
Oh- to answer your question regarding this last weekend. So....... My gal pal from school was stopping in for a day or 2 on her way through Atlanta. We are a great stopping point for Ohio people.
So my last guy relationship happens to be on her Facebook too, and she mentioned she was coming. (I do not even have a Facebook account)- So I never saw it.
But she was excited and he said he wanted to come down and surprise me and fly back. She didn't think it was a big thing.
I have not told her yet how terrible it ended this weekend. She is still in Florida.
And at this point maybe it was the closure I needed. I am still processing it. I wanted to marry him- but it was complicated. We actually lived together for a year before I left Ohio. I believed him when he told me he was in the middle of a divorce- after all we lived together right? Yea ......... said he was separated....... he was!
Lets just say I put his azz on a plane the minute I could....... and well..... time to move on.

But I have always wondered if just maybe...... Which I had said to my gal pal....... so I don't blame her. But I still should have been ask.

I am way sure that is way more than you wanted to know. But when I do date other guys- I put them to his bar. Which I guess since he is still not legally single is pretty low. It did help he was my therapist at the time I was getting divorced. Yea go figure...... OK way to much discloser. I don't care- it was not a secrete. I was stupid and in love- or so I thought.
Love can be so complicated! I will admit it was a hard closure.

So I bought the book JOY- can't think of a better time to read it!

Lori- hey - how is that UTI? Are you drinking water, water, and more water. How are you doing? I guess I miss the cruise post. So when and where?
------------------------------
Nothing else to add- my gal in the office hit 20 down today and was doing the happy dance. I also brought in crack slaw for them to try- EVERYONE who had a bite loved it!!!!
Plus I introduced the coconut amino to them!

I am humming along WOE- did not get on scale today. Did ya see that BLUE- not on scale. Working on my just eating well, sleeping well and taking care of me.

AVA- ya all saw!!!!!!!!!! Dang I love that crew! ROCK it Ava!
Sponsored Links
  #2462   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 17:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---So glad you're feeling better. Antibiotics really are a miracle. Can't imagine what people did before them, and don't want to. And YAY, you got to the hair salon---I mean let's talk about what's important, amIright?

Jaz---I looked up "Joy" on Amazon. Wowza. Solid 5 stars (which almost NEVER happens) 783 reviewers! The reviews are stunning, one after the other. I think I need this right now. But this may not be the place to do a book club thing.

What say you we do this over e-mail and anyone else here who wants to join in on this with us can. We can do it loosey goosey, trade our fave parts, chat out what's interesting to us. Nothing structured. Only hiccup is, it will take me (as you would say) a minute to get to it. But if you're willing to wait a minute for me, I'm in to discuss over e-mail w/you and anyone interested. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Nic---Paint night sounds fun! Reminds me of a show that was on Saturdays when I was growing up. "Learn to Draw." I LOVERED that show! Step by step the host would take you thru doing a drawing---the basic shapes involved and then how to use shading to create contour and depth and how to suggest light. I was there EVERY DANG Saturday with my sketch pad!

A taste of the "kid free life" huh? Heh. Only a taste for now. Younger son will be home and keeping you busy soon, daughter will keep you busy with her wedding, and older son will be home for a visit before you know it. "Kid free" is a ways away for you, and really, are we ever kid free? No. It just changes.

Trigger--- , a pistol begets a pistol. And so fitting w/your handle.

Had myself a good giggle about "text fighting." Just know that the kiddo is RIGHT ON SCHEDULE. Yep, this is exactly when it starts, and hate to tell you, but it doesn't end for awhile.

Like you, your daughter is strong willed. Had the same situation w/my son. So, prepare to pick your battles---but the ones you DO pick, sit on 'em with the weight of an elephant, IOW, the really important things.

Home schooling the kiddo? Ummmm. I wouldn't touch it. Gads gal, I was so happy to turn my son over to the school for the day. First of all, he would never agree to me being the teacher, him the student. He'd have been pointing out what he could teach me. NO THANK YOU.

You are a good, loving, fun mom. They really appreciate that till they're teenagers. Then there's not much you can do right, and sometimes you just have to shrug 'em big time, while you're putting your foot down. But oh the stink they can put up! Hell hath no fury like a know it all teenager.

K-mom---Thursday water, 3/3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a very good day. Worked w/my incredibly talented editor to begin to put together my video resume. We got a very good start on it and I'm liking what we're doing. It's fun. And he is such a doll, doing it all for free for me. Can't begin to tell you what his talent costs. Another lucky star. Although I will say I've brought him plenty of work.

As a creative freelancer I refuse to do a boring blah, blah blah resume on paper that shows nothing of what I can do. So hopefully, this will speak for who I am and what I can do in a more entertaining and relevant way. Still, getting work is tough. This is the first and easiest step. I don't expect it to make miracles. That's why we're still contemplating changes that must be made in our life.

On plan again today. Going to have a treat night this weekend, hubby and I have it all planned. As usual, it won't be a binge, but carbs will be involved.

I'm just so relieved I'm back on the wagon most of the time, because I thought for a minute there I was a "what the heck goner." I can feel I have not gained, no bloat. Even though I feel a bit slimmer, I doubt I've lost either, but like I said, now is not my time to lose. Too many other things to deal with.

What I'm dedicated to for now is NOT GAINING. Not even a pound.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Aug-31-17 at 17:46.
  #2463   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 17:43

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---we cross posted.

Yeah, your friend should have asked you. I mean, how many years ago was all that? And he's STILL not single?!

Boggles my mind that your pal would take this chance, but she probably has big unrealistic romantic dreams herself. Still. Really. Still.

SIGH. Oh well. Done now, and thankfully GONE GUY now. The good news I hear is that you are not longer fantasizing about someone who doesn't exist, or holding other guys up to him. This is a very good thing.

See my comments to you on "Joy" above and let me know what you think. One way or the other, I'm a gonna be reading this SOON. Thank you so much for introducing me its existence.
  #2464   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 18:43

BF:

Blue- I am so open to you and whoever wants to to the JOY book. I will say that it is not the normal type of book I read. First I will say I am not a big follower of either TUTU or the Dali Lama. But I respect them both for their humanity. I also will say I really don't know that much about them.

So I know that they are very important to those that have been following . So for me - I am coming with just an open mind to hear what they have to say.
the style of writing is also different. It is more of a interview between 2 men of different faiths that have deep respect and love for one another. I love that- really are we really so different???

So I feel that right now it is a really good time for me to read something of this nature and style. I need some spiritually healing in a way. I have been through the life ringers in the last month and feel the need for some inspiration.

So YES YES YES BLUE- I will wait on you to catch up. I am not reading fast. This is not a fast read. this is the type of book that you read a sentence and stop and highlight it with a marker and just stop.
I am only a few pages into first chapter. So no bigger on the wait. It is a very deep book that is scary and delightful, and gives hope.
One sentence I will quote as I am sure everyone has heard- " Happiness is cirmcstancial / joy is internal. So that no matter what happens around us we can still have joy. I want to read more.

OK BLUE - get the book- we can dally at leisure in email over thoughts........ It's open to all- we can take a minute or a year to go over it. This is a compile of 2 awesome men and 80 years - we don't need to rush. Just fun- and hopefully rewarding. My friend who recommended it to me from work said it changed her life. She is an person I respect anyway. So there!!!!!!

Let me know when you are ready
  #2465   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 02:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Doing ok here. I did have a bit of a rough afternoon yesterday. Funny how I felt SO good in the morning, but by Noon, I was having some kidney pain(in my back) and just a general blah feeling. Had a good night's sleep and don't plan on doing too much today. I do need to make a trip to the grocery store, but that's about it.

Jaz...you asked about our upcoming cruise. We leave on 9/14 and get on the ship in Bayonne NJ. We go to Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor and then on up to Canada to St John and Halifax Nova Scotia. It is a 9 day cruise. I was going to go to my sister's next week, but have cancelled that. She is just too busy playing chauffeur for her daughter and granddaughter right now. I knew that me being there would be just another stress for her. We have our trip to Key West in October to look forward to.

You also asked about my weight loss client. She has not been in contact with me for a couple months. I guess her head was just not ready to do what she needs to do. Her last communication with me said that she wanted to keep working with me and that she would be in touch when her life calmed down a bit. I told her that I would be here when she was ready. I did get an email yesterday from a potential new client. She is someone I played in a golf tournament with in July. We talked a bit about my plan and she said she was interested but had an appointment with a dietitian that she wanted to follow thru on. Well, that must not have gone well as she contacted me yesterday. We will meet the last week of September.

It feels funny to think that I won't be going to boot camp all month! I'm glad I froze my membership....it would have been a waste to pay all that $$ to only go a few times. I may go check out our new fitness/recreation center next week. You can get a free week to try it out and I'd like to do that once I kick this UTI. They have a full gym and lots of different classes to try. It is much less expensive than boot camp, so I may just do that once my boot camp membership expires next July.

Oh Trig....your daughter is going to be a handful! You have a great relationship with her so I know you will get thru it, but I'm sure there will be "those days" that test your patience and nerves!

Yes Blue....getting my fresh cut/color sure made me feel better! I admire the gals here who do their own color at home. I can only imagine the mess I would make of myself(not to mention my bathroom) if I tried to do it myself. Plus....I don't have the patience to do it right.

Nic...any news from your college boy? Hope all is going well.

DH teaches this afternoon and then that should be it. The guy who was off for surgery & then the infection is cleared to come back next week. DH has enjoyed it, but I can tell he's looking forward to getting back to his retirement routine. Work in the morning for a couple hours and then have the afternoon to putter around.

OMG...shut me up! Sorry for boring you all with every detail of my life! Have a wonderful weekend!
  #2466   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 04:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz you are leading quite the crazy weekend life there
Glad you got that all under firm control!
Yes, kiddo has friends at new school, a ton of them went to this one.
She got Drama for 2 semesters, she thinks it is ok.....She sure wants her Art for the next 2...fingers crossed!

Blue, yea she is gonna be a pistol, but one I can control. She still got that 'give in to mom' in her so I know I might have to fight a bit but in the end I will win lol ----SO glad your head is in the game and you are back in action!
Things will settle, transition time for you with work and new clients and shoring up your financials etc. ALL will be fine for you I am sure!!

Lori...wow...that cruise sounds so nice! jealous big time here and then ya got Key West.....I am wanting that travel so bad like you. I think Oct. 13-17 will be a fast trip to Jekyll Island in Georgia. We can 'just squish' this in before hubby starts ALL hunting thru the fall season. Haven't seen Jekyll Island Campground in person, been there before but in a hotel, so this fast trip is to see if the campground is worth it cause it is 'right near the ocean' but NOT ON it and I am in a hmmm feeling on that one....so explore trip I am trying to get ready. Will see if I can make it happen.
Smart to put that membership on hold, nothing is cheap out there so why waste it when you are bogged down with UTI, even tho you get over it fast we know how it is with that one...yuk!

HI ALL
back to the store today
kiddo's new lunch bag ripped, handle feel off the darn thing! yea, like a hole in the head. While there I need a few things so I will just shop today and then be done with it. Told hubby I am so shopped out these last weeks...I seem to be going everywhere and it is driving me insane. My goal is stop shopping and after today I am gonna try to honor just that LOL

Thinking of shutting down the pool early. seems kiddo is done swimming with school now and weather just sucks to the highest...what a bummer summer this was with weather. Goal for cooler weather is start mountain hiking again, Barb wants to go and I said cool, lets team up and go for it.

oh well...that's it. same old here....good day all
  #2467   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning! HAPPY FRIDAY!
I am counting down my hours until I have "my time". I was going to go to my mom's for a little bit this week-end but she is sick with some sort of head cold thing. She is needing rest- and I am needing space.

Lori- Your cruise sound wonderful. I have always wanted to take a cruise. I have a slight balance issue that makes me really car sick/ seasick. So I have never done that. I am sure you will have a great time. It is you and the hubby?

Trig- Any plans for your pool this weekend? Have you closed it yet? It has been a weird summer with either too hot or too rainy.
Wow - I bet you are going to get some amazing steaks for the grill! I know I want to!

Blue- I am into few pages of second chapter. I can see why it got rated so highly. I am enjoying it a lot. It is taking me out of my normal mindless story. It's a real life story.
Speaking of....... Have you and the hubs figured out what series you might watch? I am ready to ditch the one I am on for something else.
It seems to me that after the first season or so series can get weird or boring. The first couple shows pull ya in- and by mid way through season 2- it's different. Or maybe its just the ones I have picked.
I am thinking about Person of Interest and the Crown- both are on my list.

Leeann- How are you doing? I bet you got something brewing for the weekend. Do you close your pool? Do you drain it?
Is you DD and F coming for the weekend?
I was curious if you are back doing induction?

KMOM- see above post. Curious how you are doing! Water yesterday was 4/5 So glad you are a reminder! We take water for granted.
--------------------------------------------------
I have a weekend with no plans. It has been a minute since that has happened. Between going to Greenville, my mom's, seeing my aunt, and last weekend - I really could use a stress free week to putter. I am really looking forward to it.
No plans- love it. I know my Bella will love having her momma all to herself. She has been missing our time, I can tell. She is moping. So she will get my attention!

Working is in flux again- they are introducing yet another software upgrade. It is a completely different program. I don't get it.Plus there is rumor that by Jan. our office will merge with another program in the company and be moved downtown.
I feel very stable in my position- maybe a new role, but not out of a job. On the other hand, I had thought about buying a condo next spring. But I will now wait and see. I hate the thought of a huge commute. I guess I could find another apt- for a year. So I am in flux on that end.

I am 100% today. I am feeling good about my WOE. I think too I need to see myself with my little VEGAN week- how off the rails I can go in a heartbeat! Not doing that again!
  #2468   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 07:57

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig, Oh honey, maybe think twice before you offer to take my sons! Ain't no easy kid out there, for real! Your kid is a very good girl- she's got a strong will like her mama but you want that- having a doormat for a daughter is easy when they are young and a nightmare once they are older.

Lunch bags, backpacks etc- I'm a huge fan of LL Bean- buy once and done, and if it breaks or wears out, they replace for free.

The Jekyll Island trip sounds wonderful and gives you something to look forward to.

We are having our pool closed next week. It doesn't get much use anymore- DH and I are not pool people, and the kids are aging out of it.

Home School- In some ways academically I think it would be great for my 15 year old and if he had really wanted to do it perhaps we would have, but he made it very clear that he very much enjoys the social aspects of going to school and I agree with that completely.

Blue- Your editor friend sounds like a real keeper. I LOVE that you are doing this instead of a boring paper resume. How I wish I were a fly on the wall when it is completed!

You sound happy. I am so glad.

Jaz- I may pick up that book at some point. It does sound very good. I don't know all that much about Desmond Tutu but I love me some Dalai Lama. I am very attracted to the Buddhist faith in general. Mix in a little Quaker and a little Unitarian and you've probably got me.

Sorry your work is in a bit of flux. Agree with your plans to hold off for now on any big plans or purchases.

Lori- Good that you are having a quieter day today so that you can recover and get well. You have a lot of fun plans coming up. That's great. You are living the dream!

•••••••••

Nice low temps the next two days. Loving it. This has been a very cool August and it has been a pleasure.

On plan a good bit of the time but not all the time. Moving in the right direction- toward improvement. I'll take that for now and keep on going forward.

CASA kid has been sick. Hoping her FM just keeps her home today because I have stuff to do and really don't want to take the two hours time to fit in a visit today. We'll see. I haven't heard yet.

Went ahead and baked the Toll House cookies this morning while the outside was at its coolest. Four dozen. Will send two dozen to DS18 with his GF's mom and will keep 2 dozen here for DS15 and DH. DS18 is also getting a pair of UMD socks and a t-shirt, along with an ethernet cord.

Not much planned for this weekend. We'll see what DS15 feels up to. DD and Fi will be stopping by but not staying- they have a wedding to attend Saturday. DS15 starts school officially on Tuesday.

Hugs to all!
  #2469   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 08:36

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: Jaz 5/5+, Blue 4/3, KMom 6/5
Thursday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 6/5

Way to take in the H2O! Drink up today!
  #2470   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 08:52

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Jaz: I am watching The Crown series. It is a little slow for me, but it is fascinating like Blue said as you take in all the sights and history. Apparently most of it is true, but there is some added to spice it up a little.

Nice to know that even though the company may be making some changes that your job is secure.

Blue: I would love to see your video resume! I think it would be fascinating to see you promoting who you are and what you do! We, of course, are already fans!

Nic: Glad you are doing better overall with your woe. I would only say to be careful of the carb creep. I like what Blue said about making sure she is not gaining even ONE POUND. You were in such an amazing groove quite a few months ago. So CapD. I was so inspired by you. I know it will come back.

Lori: Glad you are feeling better today. Hope you go the whole day without any pain or problems from the UTI. Fun to look forward to your cruise. My family is going on a cruise next summer. I will explain more about it when I talk about myself.

Trig: Fun to look forward to a camping trip. Will be interesting to see what you find out when you scope it out.

I remember a speaker once saying that he was not as concerned about the "strong-willed" child as he was for the more meek and complacent child. That really helped me because my second biological child was a pistol! But he turned out great. Kind, loving, fun and has an amazing job! I smile when you tell me about your kiddo! I think she is going to soar big time!

I am still doing great. I am trying to eat mostly the same thing because I want to be like Trig when I grow up! It helps me to stay steady all day. I do want to mix it up a little with some new recipes. Maybe next week. I found a couple that look so good to me. Will let you know if I try them and share them here.

My family is going on a cruise!!! It will be the first cruise for everyone. Seven kids and 17 grandkids! Yikes! I will pay for it all. I know it will cost me a ton of money, but I think it will be worth it. We can spend time enjoying each other, with everything done for us! I hear such good things about cruises! So we are starting to plan it now. I think a 5-day one. Probably leaving from Texas since two of my kids live there. Will keep you posted! I want to be a size six by then...or I'd take a 16!!!

K-Mom 10x4
  #2471   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 17:57

BF:
Progress:

Thank. God. It's. Friday. And hi gals.

Jaz---I got the book today on Kindle, just 13.99 there. Love my Kindle. But I'm in the middle of a murder mystery and have another book lined up I'm dying to read. But I think I might just read this one in parts, here and there. Sounds like it could be that kind of book. Will let you know when I start it.

Sounds like you've recovered from last weekend, and now you have a lovely weekend to yourself. Bet you and Bella will love it, sounds like it might be rainy there. Perfect. Curl up with the book or a good series. BTW, on series we're watching Z on netflix right now, which is the story of Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald. It's a fun period piece, and they're an interesting couple to say the least, although I know they do not end up well. Still, enjoying it. Sounds like you decided against Ozark. It's not for everyone, I know, but it's been a long time since a series grabbed me around the neck like that one.

Lori---Sounds like a good decision to cancel the sissy trip, but I always like to think of you two together. Such a sweet story.

I think a month off boot camp might be a good thing. You come back a bit out of shape, but w/your muscles really well rested and ready to go at it again. Back in the day when I did work out I sometimes found I went up a level after a short time off.

Trigger---I googled Jekyll Island and it sure looks gorgeous with all those Spanish Moss trees! SO HAPPY for you that you're getting in one last trip. You sure got robbed this year.

Cool that you're going to start hiking this fall. You were quite into it last year. Fun to do it w/Barb. Instead of riding horses together you'll be riding your own butts.

Nic---We've had a cool summer too, including August, which I loved. We only had to use our air conditioner for two nights.

Sounds like you're working your way up to a fall surge on plan. I just have a feeling when those cool winds start to blow you're going to shift into higher gear. Something about fall just whips up change. Would you ever consider a 6 day on, one day off plan?

And hey, you won't have to turn into a bug and crawl up a wall to see my video resume. I'll send it to y'all when I'm done w/it. Fun way for me to show you guys what I've been up to all these years.

K-mom---What a generous and loving mama, and grammy you are. A cruise for the whole darn family, all 24 of you! THAT will be the trip of a lifetime for everyone. And what GREAT motivation to stick to your woe like glue. You CAN do this! Keep an image in your mind of you 20 pounds slimmer, or in a size 16, whichever comes first. Not only will you look great, you'll feel lighter and more limber to do everything you're going to want to do on that cruise.

Friday water---3/3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was very busy w/work. Lots of changes happening, lots of bobbing and weaving going on, the politics are thick as pudding, which is tiring in itself, let alone the work. Although they're keeping me very busy for now, my role and amount of voice has really changed. Honestly don't know where this is going to end up. SIGH.

Also found out that one of my best smaller clients is selling her business. BREATHE BLUE. I'm in for a wild ride. Lots of change, lots of discomfort. That's why I need the book Jaz recommended, because you just have to find a way to find JOY.

On plan today, which makes 7 days in a row for me. Used to do that all the time, but these days I consider it a victory. Had a BLT on LC bread for lunch. Hubby's homemade chicken wings for dinner. Coming in under 20 NCs. Feeling slimmer in the midriff area, which is what blows up on me first. Clothes fitting better too.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Sep-01-17 at 18:03.
  #2472   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-17, 03:00

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

40 degrees and I'm heading to the golf course at 7AM???? What am I, nuts? It is a 3 day tournament, so unless it is a T-storm, we'll be out there. Tomorrow morning will be wet, wet, wet. The heaviest rain is to be over night tonight, but it will probably be raining a bit when we first go out tomorrow. Monday is supposed to be a high of 80 and sunny....something to look forward to.

I think I'm feeling better today. Of course it is early and I've only had a few sips of coffee! My cat got me up at 3AM and then I went back to bed for a bit over an hour. I'll be home from golfing shortly after noon and I see a wee nap in my future.

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!
  #2473   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-17, 07:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, oh I thought you were a pool gal Yea I am right behind ya on closing cause we are total rain and getting colder now and kiddo is in a new zone and not a pool zone so I am shutting down soon also........now to go online and ship me a pool cover (my other finally fell apart from sun rot LOL)

OK you keep the boyS, that plural S, I am thinking 1 girl might be easier now

KM that cruise sounds amazing. Makes those family life memories. So cool!
You want to grow up and be like Trig? omg too funny
I truly think one of the reasons I can stick to zero carb so easy is that I am a minimalist type thinker. The less I have to clutter (like in the kitchen and forget any kind of 'recipe' etc) makes me very very happy to have less food options and super ease/simplicity in the kitchen. I think that mindset I have just helps me so much and I find the less clutter of anything in my life is where I need to be at all times.

Blue, I hear ya on using our butts and not the horses' legs
Seems weird when Barb and I get together and no horses and trailers are involved---she sold the 4 slant horse trailer yesterday just seems SO final now cause she said she is done riding, her new hip and bad fractured pelvis is making sitting the saddle impossible. ON TO NEW other things tho right?

WOW a client is selling and you are losing that account now? yikes.....it will be bob and weave and see where you land I guess....tough crap for ya. I despise life stuff up in the air I hope all smooths out fast.

Lori, wow you are having a tough tournament in that weather. hope you do well! Let us know if you guys win, would be cool
Glad you are feeling better!!

Jaz, have you had your quiet putter around weekend? Hope so.
Weather is a tough one these days isn't it? Our blue skies are dark black and rain here!

HI Guys
icky day
rainy nasty and CHILLY...omg the chill in the air? bleck. oh well.

this and that today, nothing dramatic

hubby working but off tomorrow, monday (labor day) is supposed to be sunny and 80s so I might go off on the internet and find a local festival or something, there is always some small town doing something on labor day eh, maybe, maybe not, we shall see

giant rack of pork ribs defrosting for tonight
got nice small hunk of ribeye to cook with a bacon/cheese omelet for brunch time

great day all
  #2474   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-17, 08:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Wow KMom, that cruise sounds completely amazing!!! I am really excited for you. Cruises are really fun and allow for a lot of flexibility, especially in regards to a spread of ages, meal preferences and activities. I can't wait to hear more as you plan more!

Blue- Yup, you are right, I'm slowly stepping back into place. It will take some time to get to the results I want but that's okay, so long as I am moving in the right direction.
I am SUPER EXCITED that you are going to share your video resume!!! I wasn't going to ask (directly, anyhow) but I was so hoping you would offer!
Honeychile, your work life sounds uber stressful right now. Up in the air, a little tenuous and a lot different. The fact that you are making moves and getting yourself set up for future success, whatever that looks like, is an excellent thing!

Trig- I hope you guys are able to find something fun to do. We have the rain and cold here today as well. But warm weather coming back again-- it ain't over yet!

•••••••

Last weekend before the school life starts in again. Hard to believe that in three years my life will no longer be defined by the start of the school year. That has been an axis in my life for so long that I can't quite wrap my brain around it. It would be like one of the seasons or a major holiday just dropping off the calendar!

DS15 is back home. He was tired and a little more prickly so we spent a little time with him and then left him to his own devices to recharge. I heard from DS18 yesterday- he was at a UMD soccer game with some of his HoHum peers including his roommate. Good to see him hanging out with people and having fun. Lots of school spirit there. I can't wait to talk to him and hear about his first week of classes- his thoughts, what the workload is like, what his first impressions are of his professors etc.

One year to the day for DD22's wedding! I am glad they found a church sanctuary for their ceremony. It is quite cool (low 60s) and rainy today. It would be a stressful day for an outdoor wedding! They are actually going to a wedding tonight.

No big plans this weekend. Low key to the max! Totally okay with that. Maybe a nice hike and/or walk will be in order.

I'm pretty satisfied overall with this week. I'm not where I should be but I'm better than I was. Moving in the right direction and making some better choices.
  #2475   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-17, 08:57

BF:

Good Saturday Ladies!

Trig- I really should be nice for you today weather wise! I wonder if you will close your pool today! I too am going to get to rack of ribs- but mine will hit the oven. Coleslaw on side- done.
I must have missed the post about Jeckyl Island. When are you going? Are you packing up the GLAMPER - and doing a campsite?
I have been there a few times. BEAUTIFUL!

Blue- I am really happy you picked up that book. Would love a hit and miss discussion. It is one of those books that you pick a chapter and gleen- and stop. So yes it can be an in between type.
I love the idea of a VIDEO RESUME! WOW- is it just your business you do that for? I would love to see it too!
In nursing it is pretty straight forward. Ya either have the experience or you don't- and they look for initials. The more the better.

Leeann- I hope you didn't have to deal with the sick CASA baby. I am always annoyed when people think it is ok to spread their germs with no regard for others. RUDE!
Fun that you have an impromptu get together this weekend.
You are most like going to get rain today as it has moved your way!
Do you ever use your IPOT anymore?

BTW- I totally get your eastern philosophy. And I will stop at that.
I think that we all have to be comfortable in what we believe and live, whatever that might be. And still respect others if they think differently. Which is sorta what the Joy book describes. I am just at the right place in my life to read it.

KMOM- a cruise for the entire family?????? Can you adopt ME for a week?????
You and I are not that much different is our stats. That being said- I think doing the best you can do and just feel good is key. I went to the beach- not getting to the goal I wanted and CHOOSE to put on the swim suit and have a blast!
Nobody in your family will even REMEMBER what SIZE you are. Just your kindness!
Water 5/5 yesterday!

BLUE- Back to you- I must have skimmed over the part of yet another client loss. That does bite. Truly- no doubt about it. Wild ride yes. But you are strong- and will somehow be ok. You are smart too!
I am in no way comparing you to those folks in Huston- BUT loss is loss. And at some point in our life we are faced with it on some level. And then we dig real deep and rebuild- or create a new normal and adjust and - find JOY! You have your health, your DS, your large circle of friends, your hubby, and lets not forget your DRIVE AND TALENT!
Just wanted to say that- blowing some wind under your wings right now. You have been so generous with your heart when I have needed it. You know any time!!!!

Lori- ICK- 40 degrees and rain. To chase a ball around. No thanks. But then again I am not you.
Did your UTI ever clear up? Are YOU drinking your water?
I agree with BLUE- sometimes you need to give your body a rest- then get back into it!
----------------------------------------------
I am posting last this morning. I slept until 9! I have all my windows thrown open. The air is so crisp and dry- low temps 70 and brilliant blue skies and sunshine. Truly feels like a gorgeous fall day.

I am fall deep cleaning. Sweeping- even the baseboards.
After I toss in another load of laundry I will run to the grocery to pick up a slab of ribs for the oven. I do NOT douse them in sugar BBQ sauce.
I will low and slow roast them. My apt will smell so nice!
I am relishing my day. Plan to just get stuff done and slow at my pace.

I am also purging my closet as well- want to discard and lighten up my space. I am also going to get my fall decorations out when everything is moped, swept, and sparking.
I bought a pumpkin I might light tonight after the sun goes down and cosy up.

Choose to make today great- with awesome food choices as well!
Happy weekend all!
Closed Thread