Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default What time of day should I weigh myself?

First thing in the morning, I weigh about 2-3 lbs less. Is that the weight I can count on? If so, I am at 158, not 160

I am trying to only weigh myself once a week, though.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, my own LC- WOE
Stats: 248/215/185 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I was always told to weigh first thing in morning, that was your true weight, as long as you weigh the same time of the day it doesn't matter.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 16:33

sweet!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 16:35
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

You have to love a morning weigh in better. Right after you empty your bladder, before you can add any food into your mouth . Naked of course, and sometime even still holding your breath. Hey every little bit helps !

But I agree, when ever you check it, check it at the same time.

And if you don't like what it says, try moving the darn thing to a different spot on the floor. It might change its mind and give you a better reading .
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 16:36

haha yes
i do move it around the apartment hahahah
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 20:26

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

You know I weigh about half a pound less in my kitchen then I do in my bathroom.... I think I like the scale in the kitchen better....very strange.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 23:02

Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by coolazchic
You know I weigh about half a pound less in my kitchen then I do in my bathroom.... I think I like the scale in the kitchen better....very strange.

I noticed this too. My wife told me it had to do with the floor surface and how rigid it is, but to be honest, I think it's the natural fluctuation in the earth's gravo-magnetic field... ah, n/m... it's probably the floor surface.

I, too, weigh myself in the morning. It's the only time I can get a consistent accurate reading.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 23:23
Registered Member

Stats: 265/245/180 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 24%

I ALWAYS weigh in as soon as I get up. This morning, I made the error of leaving my terry robe on. I almost threw up. 4lbs heavier. Took off the robe, and the results were MUCH better.

As for moving the scale around, I know that my results make me frown if the scale is on a rug or carpet, alittle happier on linoleum, and grinning like a fool on hardwood floors.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 00:05

Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

I to would have to cast my vote for the 1st thing when in the morning. Well 2nd thing after I empty the bladder. As you eat and drink all this water throughout the day your weight can sure go up several pounds. I also hide my scale out in my weight room. I have to remove the temptation to weigh myself everyday.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 00:47

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

Quote:
I think it's the natural fluctuation in the earth's gravo-magnetic field... ah, n/m... it's probably the floor surface.

LOL That is too funny. I always make sure it is first thing in the morning because like everyone has mentioned, drinking lots of water and eating heavy things like steak can make the scale go up before everything has had time to digest.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 01:00
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Yup

Well I work night so on days where I sleep during the day I weight first thing when I wake up be it 2 or 3 pm. If I am off I weigh first thing when I wake up at 9am.

I notice that since starting working nights that for the first few days that i am off and wweighing in the early am I always weigh a bit more than when weighing in the afternoon, when I have slept during the day

I am a weigh-a-olic so I usually weigh before going to sleep to see how much weight I put on during the day, usually about 3 pounds...and I will "lose" 2-4 pounds from what I weigh when I go to sleep to when I awaken as long as I sleep enough 6-8 hours, short change the sleep and it is less...so I guess sleep is important.

But the only weight that counts is that first thing after waking and using the toliet.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 01:11
Registered Member

Stats: 172/157/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default when to weigh

MORNING !!!

LOL!!!

Traci
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:34
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

IF you really want to hear the confessions of a weigh-a-olic, once in a while for fun mind you, I will weigh myself before and after I have a "movement" . Just want to see how much extra weight that may have added on in the morning weigh in You know what , even thought it makes the scale move lower, it doesn't seem to make a difference on the next mornings weight.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:38

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I weigh throughout the day, but the only one I take seriously is the one first thing in the morning. I weigh as soon as I get to the gym. I wake up dying of thirst and only take tiny little sips until after my weighin. Then I am gulping water to get hydrated for my workout...lol. One thing I have notice though, I don't have the fluctuations I used to have. My scale at home is pretty much right on with the one at the gym, so I can kinda monitor if I don't go over the weekend. I ate a lot of low carb junk food this weekend, so was extremely happy to see another half pound loss this morning.

L