Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1006   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 18:42

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Ended IF after 4 days with the refeed meal mentioned above. It's nice to get some potassium with the avocado, as I did not take any supplements over the 4-day fast. Back on magnesium, K2, and D3 as daily supplements on eating days. Keto is in full force, and my carbs are very low. Fast was excellent and it definitely flushed a lot of stuff out of me and gave me a needed reset.

Physical fitness and activities continue with some walk/run, HIIT sessions, and resistance training. Don't feel I need much more than that.

Meditation needs to be more consistently followed.

What a fantastic job! I am very envious. I am in a terrible place with absolute no self control! I need your discipline.
Sponsored Links
  #1007   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 18:49

BF:

Good evening,

I really need to form some new habits!
I started June 2 with a goal of walking 3 miles a day- from no exercise at all
I did manage to walk 3 miles each since then with the exception of today.

I have not been able to stick with my plan. It seems like I can get 3 or 4 days under my belt and then I just take one bite of a nut or something and I am completely off on a binge. Today was perhaps the worst day I have had in a very long time!

So I am thinking maybe this will help me to put it in writing each day and commit myself to sticking with it for 90 days and by then it will just be second nature.

So here I go again-
I will form 2 habits:
1. Walk 3 miles each day
2. I will stay ON PLAN (less than 20 carbs per day, Atkins, NO NUTS)

Day 1: June 9
Day 90: Sept 6
  #1008   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 19:24
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 25 of 94

Goal parameters:

1) Track and log my food daily (with few exceptions)
2) Average less than 30 net carbs and keep calories within reason (< 2400)
3) Get some form of exercise in daily

Weight: 206. $21 in the jar. 4 days of noncompliance

Check, check, check both yesterday and today. I had a load of siding delivered today. Some of my "exercise" in the coming weeks will be replacing bad boards on the house and painting it. Wax on, wax off.
  #1009   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 19:48

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannette1
What a fantastic job! I am very envious. I am in a terrible place with absolute no self control! I need your discipline.

Jeanette, yes, however, it's just a small period of time in a way of eating (WOE) that has become a way of life (WOL) for me.

For you, I would look at how you're approaching your food planning from a week in advance. In other words, take one weekend day every week (Saturday or Sunday) and write out your meals for the coming week. Write out your activities as well and follow the plan. While I don't have all the answers, it took a while for me to understand what I needed to do and recognize and eliminate the triggers that could undermine that plan. Get on plan food stocked in your fridge and your pantry, and follow the plan consistently. In fact, that might be a great idea for your first 90-day challenge, write weekly eating plans for the 90-day period in order to stay on plan during that time. Then, if you think we're crazy enough on this thread to get some enjoyment out of it, you can start a new 90-day plan with a different set of goals for a new cycle.

One thing you may want to do is to read people's accounts in the Journals / Bootcamp forum. There are a several noteworthy folks on this forum who have had great success and had to figure it out in order to make progress, three of whom post on this thread: Ken, Thud, and Jean (cotonpal). Also, JustJo is very inspirational as well. There are many others, but one thing I can tell you is that they all committed to a WOE that enabled them to start to make progress. We all have our fits and starts in the beginning, but I can tell you that you'll get there. If you have a setback, get back on track and don't give it a second thought. It's over, and you've got everything in front of you. Most of all, enjoy the journey!. It's really great to have you posting here with us!
  #1010   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 21:25

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
...So here I go again-
I will form 2 habits:
1. Walk 3 miles each day
2. I will stay ON PLAN (less than 20 carbs per day, Atkins, NO NUTS)

Day 1: June 9
Day 90: Sept 6

I'll start over with you Jeannette. I'm finding doing two things too difficult at the moment. I'm getting plenty of squat exercises in the wild. I'm more mindful and getting better at those movments. I'll get back to practicing them perhaps at the end of my summer fun season.

I do, however, wish to continue listening to dhamma talks and time on the cushion practicing 6 R's - I will not track the talks but I will post each day if I was able to get time on the cushion or not - how long on the cushion will not be tracked, just if it happens or not.

I will not demerit myself if it does not happen, simply note it. As I am ready for bed, the ~ 3 month practice will begin tomorrow, ending the lat day of august.

Good luck and enjoy your experience. Let us know what you find out about yourself
  #1011   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 03:36

BF:

Yesterday I got a meditation session in on my paddle board, it was difficult and interesting. After work I paddled on a lake before another meeting. I was going to be busy for the rest of the day so I thought I'd try it. I paddled upwind the then put the paddle down and sat on the board and let myself drift down wind for a bout 15 mins. The difficult part was there were many auditory distractions - that was also the interesting part, watching my mind chase these and try to figure them out. The practice came in watching those thoughts arrise, then not clinging or fostering them, then let them pass - then the next thought would arise.

I had little if any control of what thoughts popped up, I did have some choice as to entertain them or not. Like I said, it was an interesting experience
  #1012   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 20:59

BF:

It is very hot in my apartment this evening. I really like that. I sat for awhile and nothing happened. It was very still, the only things moving were my breath and I could feel my heart and blood pumping thru my body. Time for sleep now.
  #1013   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 21:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
It is very hot in my apartment this evening. I really like that. I sat for awhile and nothing happened. It was very still, the only things moving were my breath and I could feel my heart and blood pumping thru my body. Time for sleep now.

YES!! Bring it on baby!! Been waiting for it for months...
  #1014   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 04:50

BF:
Default DAY 1 of 90

Habit:
1. Log all nutritional intake
  • stay under 20 carbs
  • ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS
2. Walk 3 miles each day

Yesterday I started reading success stories on the forum. Today I will continue with that and I also made myself a 90 day wall calendar so that I have a visual to remind me of what I am trying to accomplish each day.
  #1015   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 05:21

BF:

Quote:

Habit:

Ken and Rob might be able to help with this habit, for sure Ken, He does it on the MyPLAN here on the sight. I really admire him, and now you, for trying to develop this as a habit. It takes way to much discipline for me. However, if I were trying to find correlation of this data in regards to weight loss I'd be interested. Frankly I don't think my body is going to loose any more significant weight at this point, it can, however, put it on at astonishing speed

So advice from me, not so much. I did have a thought that I'll insert tho, Since I eat the same stuff most days (and it's 95 percent not boxed) I'd put together and document what the macros or whatever you are tracking are for a particular dish. then you could enter the whole thing as:

FüD = 4000 cal, 100g Fat, 20g Protein, 74g Carbs or whatever (numbers are fake)

Each time I make FüD, I just enter one thing, I make every effort to make it the same way every time. This is where I would find things too difficult, I can hardly do anything exactly the same way twice but that's my issue ...

and I'm serious this is a one off bowl of FüD!

welcome and have fun with this jeannette, if you feel yourself getting frustrated, anxious, angry or hopeless l can offer only one word of advice; relax
  #1016   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 07:58

BF:

Hi Thud. Thanks for responding

Since I really hate gadgets or apps I will not be putting my food into an online program I am not a big fan of technology and really I get on the internet for the purpose of this sight, email and banking Not much else...

Just to give you a little insight into how far behind technology I am- I still have a regular house telephone and I just recently got a cell phone-less than a year ago!

So I am just going to log my food intake with a pen and paper into my food journal. For example, this morning I for breakfast I had 2 egg whites, 1/4 of a yellow pepper and 1 ounce of cheese (4 carbs)

I am doing this so that I will become more conscience of what I am eating.

I am also back to square one with my eating. I managed to lose more than 40 pounds. I was very disciplined in my approach. I logged everything I ate and I ate very simply. For some reason about 18 months ago I went off the rails and gained back 15. I need to get back to the basics again and do what worked for me before.
  #1017   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 04:12

BF:

Habit:
  • stay under 20 carbs
  • ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS
2. Walk 3 miles each day

Today begins day 2. I did it! I made it through the entire day of staying on plan
  #1018   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 04:47

BF:
Default day 3

Habit:

Spend time on the cushion practicing 6 R's each day - I will post each day if I was able to get time on the cushion or not - how long on the cushion will not be tracked, just if it happened or not.

6 R explanation go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFZO2e799w

Observation:

Spent time before bed practicing sending metta to dhamma friend from across the world. Practiced 6 R's when hinderances arose, usually thoughts of the future that were pleasant. The future isn't here yet, let those thoughts go on their way
  #1019   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 08:08
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 28 of 96

Goal parameters:

1) Track and log my food daily (with few exceptions)
2) Average less than 30 net carbs and keep calories within reason (< 2400)
3) Get some form of exercise in daily

Weight: 206. $22 in the jar. 6 days of noncompliance

I met the goals of this challenge on Friday. Weekends continue to be a problem. I didn't track and I likely exceeded my carb limits on Saturday & Sunday. I know that I overdid the calories on both days. I'm getting so busy with household projects and I don't do all the cooking anymore. We are dining out more and I'm encouraging my daughters to learn how to more healthy, LC cooking. Of course, they are into looking up more complex recipes that I have never logged before. So for consistency to happen on the weekends it may require more IFs and less eating. I am getting my exercise in, though. I exceeded 20K steps per day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm doing my normal amount of walking, but painting, chores, gardening, and yard work are racking up the bonus steps. Gone are the days where I lived in my recliner for most of the weekend. The backlog of stuff that needed to be done is getting done.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Jun-12-17 at 08:18.
  #1020   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 09:40

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Continue keto WOE and IF on a regular basis. I'm keeping carbs very low and only those that come with the lettuce and salad veggies along with regular servings of avocado are along for the ride. Protein has been reduced, and I don't seem to miss it. Fats range from that found on my protein servings along with coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil, and MCTs (Keto8 for when I come off a fast). Did a 42 hour IF over the weekend, and I noticed I slept for 5 hours on the second night of the fast. While that's normally less sleep than I get when not fasting, I didn't seem to need it, as I had ample energy and could tell ketones were present in my blood by the taste in my mouth in the mornings. My eating windows remain at 18-19 hours on my 2-meal days and 24 hours on my one-meal days.

Physical fitness and activities continue with power walk/run, HIIT sessions, and resistance training. Don't feel I need much more than that. Here's a routine I've started following every other day when I'm not doing resistance training. It's something I've adapted to very quickly and is a great workout:

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fi...ng-muscles.aspx

Interesting that when I'm doing a longer IF, my endurance is noticeably better after a couple fasting days. It takes me longer to get to peak fatigue, and I recover faster. HGH release may have a positive effect here.

Meditation continues and is an extremely important part of all this and beyond.
Closed Thread