Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 02:47
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Let's see a little more activity here, fellow Schwarzbeiners!

Let's inject some LIFE into this forum.

C'mon all you Schwarzbeiners!!!! Let's get this party goin!!!

First one to join me here gets a round of applause!!!

Last edited by amieK : Tue, Feb-11-03 at 02:54.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 08:46

Plan: Schwarzbein and Zone (love Dr. Weil too!)
Stats: 155/146/145
BF:???
Progress: 90%

I'm with you... things are looking a little slow around here. I'm new, so I didn't know if it's always slow or just a lull....
Let's pick things up a bit....
Carole
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 10:36
amieK

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Yay for Carole!!!

Thanks for coming by!!!

Here's your round of APPLAUSE:

And as a bonus, here's THREE CHEERS FOR CAROL!!!

HIP! HIP! HOORAY!!!

HIP! HIP! HOORAY!!!

HIP! HIP! HOORAY!!!

How's that for a warm Schwarzbein welcome?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:06
amieK

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Question to initiate conversation....

So Carole,

Do you count your carbs? 15 -30 or whatever your numbers are depending on activity level etc?

I just kind of wing it, following the suggested serving sizes in TSP. After 2 years of counting *points* in WW, I have an aversion to calculating anything. But I do jot down my food and water intake everyday.

I use a lot of the recipes in the TSP cookbook as well.

This seems to be working for me. But I have to exercise as well. Periods of sloth hinder my progress every time.

I look forward to talking to you again. Hope some more Schwarzbeiners join in.

Have a great LC Day!!
amieK
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:51
amieK

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Cool It sure would be cool.......

........if more Schwarzbeiners got active on this board. My name is listed as the Last Post on 11 threads.
It looks a little odd. Hope that changes soon.

amie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 12:15

No, I don't count carbs.
I'm still at the beginning phases of Schwarzbein, after following the Zone on and off for years. I had my second baby last year, and am just starting to get serious again about a healthy diet (I'm still breastfeeding).

I've been exercising since my new baby was about 4 weeks old. I'm working out about 6 times a week now with Schwarzbein's exercise plan: 2 cardio, 2-3 weights, 1-2 pilates, 1 yoga.

I'll get more and more with the plan as I go, I'm phasing it in slowly. I've cut out all "white" carbs, caffeine, sodas, and artificial sweetners. I've cut down on alcohol too. I'm also trying to get rid of most sugar in my diet. I was a chocaholic.

Carole
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 16:27

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Default joining the party

Hi Partiers!

I haven't posted as much lately because I've been busy trying to settle into our new house. My computer still isn't wired to the internet and I have to use my husband's.

Carole, I am a bf'ing mommy too. I think someone else posted recently that she was also bf'ing. I wish Dr. S made some more specific recommendations for bf'ing. I eat 30-35g carbs for meals and 7-15 with snacks, plus I eat a couple handfuls of cashews in the middle of the night after I feed the baby. I'm still losing weight even though I don't want to anymore. I lost the weight with the Zone but got tired of weighing, measuring and using a calculator at every meal. My workout schedule was very similar until I broke my toe and can't wear shoes.

Jen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:03
amieK

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Hey breastfeeding moms! Great to have you aboard our party cruise!

I loved breastfeeding my babes. But they are all so grown up now -17, 15 and 11.

Breastfeeding never helped me lose post-partum weight. With the first two I had to work it off with a low-fat diet and lots of aerobics. With #3, I just gave up, life was too crazy with 3 little kids and a husband working out-of-town most of the time.

Carole and caverjen, I admire your work-out routines. It takes real dedication with little ones.

Right now my goal is to walk for at least 40 min every day it is sunny, or at least not raining sideways, and do yoga on the days it's too miserable to go out. I am aiming to fit in some strength training for my arms 2 X a week as well. I have Tai Chi class 2X per week and Somatics class once a week for the next 4 weeks but that isn't really considered exercise per se. I'm supposed to practice the somatics movements daily but have only managed to get it in 3 or 4X per week so far.

Glad you could stop by caverjen. Moving is stressful. We relocated 4 months ago and are still settling in.

Happy Schwarzbeining!
amieK
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 19:35

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%
Default HI AMIE K

I couldn't resist your plea and enthusiasm . I know when I switched from some other message bds. (concerning way(s) of eating) I found this one a little slow or not with as much daily activity, but then came to the conclusion that maybe that was because it does work so well in some ways that TSPers do not need to spend hours trying to search for complicated recipes that leave out any healthy food groups or support to ignore them in our plan -- we just buy whole, unprocessed, foods and use fairly uncomplicated recipes that the whole family can consume also-- so are not in a quandary as to how to get them to eat it! (aren't we lucky? ) That is not to say we do not enjoy some new recipes-- I think variety is important in being healthy.

I do find support here though, when needed. I enjoy the ways that many have found success in so many areas *along* with weight loss. I think most TSP do lose gradually, ( on the scales) but the Dr.'s books state that the purpose is to 'gain health, stop yo-yo dieting for once and all, balance hormones, and lose weight' I know personallly it is *about time* that I do this in that order! instead of losing weight rapidly, getting malnourished, *unbalancing* my hormones, my body trying to regain balance by overeating in a mad dash to regain what I had taken away from it-- and starting the cycle again-- which does not create health.

It is nice to see some daily posting -- I must say -- as I know this is such a good/balanced plan !
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 20:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 200/195/150
BF:
Progress: 10%
Cool

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new at all this, but love reading all the posts. My chiropractor insisted I try this woe several months ago and I'm just now making some changes. I've read both books, but find that the 1st one is a little less confusing so I think I'll just take what I learned from both and wing it!

My chiro absolutely LOVES this diet and even sells the books in his office. He actually flew across the country to attend one of her seminars after reading her 1st book. So it's easy to get jazzed when you have a cheerleader like that! I'm battling frequent migraines and he thinks this may be what I need. (And I've also been trying to lose weight for a while and haven't gotten very far).

Thanks, AMIEK, for getting things going!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 21:24

Plan: Schwarbein Principle
Stats: 135/133/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Adding more to the Schwarzbein group

Hi Fellow Schwarzbeiners,
I sure hope you get this reply since I'm having so much trouble getting my replies to show up. I'm very new to forums and need help in getting my replies/comments printed.
Please help. I'm very enthused abount TSP and I'm very motivated.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 07:01

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%
Default Hello Everybody!!!!!!

I just switched to Schwarzbein from Atkins yesterday and I feel great this morning .I was lacking carbs and added back fruit yesterday in the form of cantalope....YUMMMMMMM. My muscle
pain is going away and I slept through the night without the leg cramps. I even got on my treadmill for awhile this morning. I did
gain a pound back but I am not worried about that so much as getting myself to eat regular meals and feel better.

Thanks AmieK for encouraging us to get this going .I have been posting alot on Atkins since I started in January but I would love to see this board grow as well. Since I haven't done Schwarzbein before I guess I have no tips for anyone. I am a total newbie. I am counting carbs at every meal because I have hypoglycemia and I don't want to set off anymore bad reactions to food by eating too much carbs at any meals. I did start feeling better yesterday when I added back fruit and I had a 1/2 cup of corn with dinner last night.

I have spent years slowing my metabolism because the hypoglycemia makes me feel sick when I eat. I have never dieted in my life but I have switched back and forth between supposed "healthy" ways of eating and found that the recommendations for eating high carb ,low fat for diabetes etc have only made me gain more weight and feel more sick. When I read Schwarzbein I realized that I have got to heal my metabolism first. I trust that my body will do this given the chance cause I had a great metabolism as a kid. I used to eat all the time as a kid and so I am sure if I start eating again during the day I can speed things up again. I had stopped eating during the day cause I felt so sick from the sugar swings and adrenaline.

I feel a little sick this morning after eating 2 eggs with some onions and green peppers with a little cheese and cantalope but I know I have to force myself to eat anyway and soon I hope this won't happen anymore.

Look forward to talking with all of you
Debbie
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 215/212.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:too/drn/mch
Smile tsp

Hi Everyone. I'm new to this myself. I just started on TSP this week. I'm home sick from work today with a virus. Hubby had it over the weekend, now it's my turn.
I'm sort of winging it. I bought the cookbook and the TSPII yesterday. I feel like I'm losing, but the scales stay the same. I have been having trouble deprograming my mind to eating things with full fat. I'm also starting to read every single label on anything that I am considering buying and put it back if it has any form of sugar. Being from the south, I sure do miss sweet tea. I have been using Splenda and while it is very good, it's just not like southern sweet tea. I will be coming back checking in daily. I hope to see you all here. We need each other's support!
Hugs
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 215/212.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:too/drn/mch

Hi it's me again. I forgot to ask you all a question. What can I do about my husband? He wants to diet with me, but he likes to eat meat and potatoes/rice most of the time. I told him he can have them but they will be limited and that brown rice will be the norm now instead of the white. He is not pleased! He hates vegees. The only ones he does like are black eyed peas, lima beans, butter beans, crowder peas, navy beans....you see the pattern here don't cha?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Hugs again
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 10:54

Why don't you get the cookbook and have your hubby look through it and pick some recipes he likes. That way you can still make what he wants, but it will fit into the Schwarzbein plan.
Carole