Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-15, 03:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/166/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Attach link?

Could put this in the technical questions i guess,but I know some of you on here often link to outside pages so that I would go with this option!

I would like to attach a link from an article I found taken from Mark Hyman's detox book.

However 1) I can't for the life of me find how to do it
and
2)Is it allowed to attach someone else's article?

Regarding the how, please explain it as simply as possible!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-15, 04:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I work mainly with an iPad so my terms will be tablet and Apple centric, though sometimes it is easier to use the desktop.

Yes, it is allowed but you should post the actual link plus as a quote to attribute the author and source correctly. In simplest terms, you copy the url address from your browser and paste it in a reply or new thread box here.
Sample with details:

Copy the entire URL for the article from your browser bar (press command -c) and then paste it here (command-v). It should be in a link form automatically. Keep both windows open (lowcarb forum and the article)
Then to copy all or part of the article, go back to source on your other browser window, copy what you want, then here, press the yellow square (looks like a page) quote appears, paste the article, press yellow page again, and that now article appears inside a quote box.

I usually hit go advanced, preview post, and test to make sure the link really does work, the quote is complete with author name and source, then post.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Oct-26-15 at 04:42.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-15, 05:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/166/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thank you for prompt response Jey100. I am almost there. Got the first link fine copying what I want but when I try to paste after pressing the yellow book nothing is appearing in the quote box. There is a padlock on the initial article page but the link lifts okay.

Had another try and by jeeves I got it.
Thank you so much, I love learning new computer tricks!!

Last edited by esw : Mon, Oct-26-15 at 05:18.