Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-14, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 269/269/200 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thinking of going JUDD

I have had great succes in the past with Atkins, gained it all back due to emotional eating and a condition that my one year induction on Atkins gave to me. I have developed diverticulitis....

If I eat normal, I am free of any signs of that, but as soon I get back on the atkins it all comes back due to having a huge problem with taking #2

I need to get this weight off, started again on the beginning of this year with my Atkins, so far so good, last week I got a attack again of diverticulitis, makes me think maybe I should go step over to JUDD.

I would like to hear people who are practicing this every day and can please tell me how their days look like (eating wise) and give me some ideas of recipes on high carb days and how much they take in on low days!

Thank you so much in advance!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-14, 15:11

Plan: Paelo
Stats: 205/185.2/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 40%

I'm not doing JUDD exactly, (just heard about it a few days ago,)
but am doing something similar. I have one day of mostly low carb proteins, (think meat and eggs,) then do the next day of meat, eggs, veggies, (even higher starch ones,) nuts, ect. So far it's working for me. I did Dukan a few years ago and lost all my weight, but couldn't keep it off. Granted, I didn't follow it all the way through. I like the higher fat of paleo and primal. I have cut out all processed stuff, so not atkins bars or shakes, that kind of things.

Not sure this helps. I'll be following thread.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-14, 17:03
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for the input, what is Dukan?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-14, 20:11

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I tried JUDDD but I could not do it, fasting every other day just made me crazy and I went off on a binge. But I'm now beginning the 5:2 plan and fasting only two days a week, much more doable for me. We'll see how it goes.

My first fasting day (last Thursday) I had:
1) breakfast: 2 cups of place coffee
2) lunch: 2 poached eggs shopped up with a cube of laughing cow cheese, some mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
3) dinner: some grilled chicken with steamed cabbage, miracle rice, and some soy sauce, mustard and seasonings.

That all came to 335 calories so I had 165 to spare but could think of nothing else I wanted to eat.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-14, 00:50
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, interesting to read that it can put you in a binge if not careful. I do have issues with binging when I am in a bad emotional place. Can I ask you what you eat when you have a up day?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-14, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 150/150/110 Female 63.0 inches
BF:

Just as a suggestion, could you consider the Montignac Method? It is a kinder way to eat than Atkins. I suffered from terrible colitis, and this WOE as eliminated it for the most part.

The gist of it; eat your whole grains in the morning for breakast, low carb meals for lunch and dinner (including low carb veggies and legumes), fruit eaten alone for snack. His website is:

http://www.montignac.com/en/the-montignac-method/

My favorite book of his is "Slim Forever the French Way". The rest make things more complicated.

Suzanne Somers based her Sommersizing diet off of Montignac's Method, but I much prefer Montignac. She made changes that make the diet less healthy.

Again, just a suggestion, as only you know what works well for your body. Best of luck to you.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD / Fast 5
Stats: 293/163/163 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

no one responded to this question... so i figured i would. i am on it, for the most part. pretty much working on maintenance at the moment.

but... when i was actively seeking weight loss, my DD's consisted of low/no carb 500 calories. i would eat one meal before 4 or 5, because this woe is easier if you get a full stomach at least once.

my up days i followed dr. johnson's calculator (google it). my up days were 2200 calories. i worked at getting in 75 g of protein per day. i didn't worry about carbs.

for both up and down days, you're not supposed to worry about carbs, just calories. my decisions to eat low carb on DD's and heavy on the protein for UD's were because it helped curb my appetite.