Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-12, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 148/148/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Anyone else doing the Insulin Resistance Diet?

I can find hardly anyone else online doing this diet, yet is is so easy, and the book got Rave reviews (The Insulin Resistance Diet on Amazon)

I have used this plan before, lost weight, felt great, ate whatever I wanted.. I don't know why I have not been able to stick to it.

But, after a week on Atkins, I just could not do another day. I did lose a few pounds, and so I started the IR diet again today and feel great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-12, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 225/170.8/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I am going to check this out. Just read a couple of sample pages - looks interesting especially since my doc thinks I could have some IR going on. Thanks for info! Will check back for updates from you.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-12, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low-carb/Low-calorie
Stats: 315/158/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 101%

Is this similar to the Mogul Protocol or the W Syndrome diet?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-13, 12:44

Plan: IR Diet framework, LC
Stats: 310/288/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

The Insulin Resistance Diet changed how I view food and how I put together meals. Even when I go very LC, or do Intermittent Fasting, or even when I have a splurge meal, the basic framework principles of the Insulin Resistance Diet stick with me.

- Link: when/if you eat carb, eat it with protein. Never by itself!

This changed how I snack first. Then it changed how I put together meal menus, or pick something to eat when we go out.

- Balance: for every serving (15 grams) of carb, eat at least one serving (9 grams) of protein

Again, this changed how I snack and what I choose for meals. Before this diet, I usually ate the opposite: twice as much (or more) carb as protein. Think of it. Two slices of bread on a sandwich and an apple or bag of chips. THat's three servings of carb, at least!

Limit: Eat no more than two servings of carb in a meal

This was the one that paved the way for me to go truly low-carb. It's like a gateway plan for LCing. Very easy to follow, very easy to remember (I haven't read the book in over five years), very flexible when you go out to eat or aren't in control of choosing your menus.

Even today, the IR Diet is the basic framework I follow. I go up and down on carb amounts. I try more of this and less of that. But all within this framework.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 14:04
Registered Member

Stats: 197/197/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I can't believe I found you! I am restarting the IR Diet today. It was the only plan that really worked for me in the past, regulating my blood sugar and helping me lose weight. I have returned to it today, this time as a vegetarian (lacto ovo).

Glad to be here!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 14:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

P.S. Had I just STAYED on it, I wouldn't have this 50+ pounds to lose. Folks, this plan works IF you work it!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 14:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Trifecta, please make sure you get the revised edition, not the original. The revised edition has some additional info the original did not.

I sure hope this thread keeps going.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I had to re-order the book as I mistakenly sold it to a used book store along with a bunch of other books some time ago.

My copy should arrive from amazon today!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-13, 18:58

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

My Naturopath put me on an insulin resistance diet (his own version) in 2007 and I went from 201 lbs to 175 lbs rather easily but only stayed there 2 days and then bounced up to 177 - 178 and couldn't get lower but did manage to stay there (eating no starchy vegetables, no grains, no sweet fruits and no grains - I could eat 2 low glycemic fruits a day, lots of veggies etc.). I was able to stabilize there pretty well but never lost any more. I started gaining again when I started eating stuff I shouldn't. I know this diet is good.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-13, 20:14

Plan: Working to adapt my own
Stats: 268/256/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Oh I'm so mad I gave my copy of the book away in my days of denial. I thought "I checked out ok last time at the doctor, I don't have it and don't need the book" Erghhh!!!! I should have just kept it! Now I have to go buy it again