Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 07:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/181/165
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking finally - a new size !!

Losing pounds on the scale has been quite slow and I consoled myself for awhile with the idea that I was losing inches instead but even that was getting thin ( figuratively of course) after a month or two or three !!. I persisted though and finally this week- a new size. I have officially fit into a size 14. I tried on several from my collection and the first 3 items still didn't fit but the 4th did. So I strapped on my suck-it-in pantyhose and went off to work in my size 14 skirt. YEESS!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/140/117 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Wink Great Work!

CATBAT, Good for you!!

Your story sounded so familiar. I, too, have a "collection" of clothes from size 14 down through size 4. About once a week I try on something in the next lowest size. Sometimes I'm a bit overanxious and admit half way through the day that it really doesn't fit yet. It's funny, my clothes all used to be so tight that I'd have marks across my middle for hours after taking the pants or skirt off. Now I can't stand to wear anything tight.

Best of luck to you with your journey through your closet!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 01:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

I have no "fat" clothes left in my closet. I had been 200 pounds up until I started college when I finished in 1994 I was down to 140. The only time after that I found myself back in the 170s was when I got pregnant. For 6 years I maintained my weight, then last year something happened and I packed on 50 pounds. I only have one pair of jeans and a pair of jogging pants that I can get into and one pair of work pants that I have to wash five days a week to wear (it is part of a uniform). I can not wait to fit into all my old clothing. All my clothes are a size 9 and 10, I am currently a 16.

Pearl

P.S. IT SOUNDS SO GREAT THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR OUTFIT, GOOD GOING, WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!