Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 17:13

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

The C&C in Bellevue is next to the Skate King, beside the Saturn dealership.

Heh. That year of living in Redmond wasn't completely useless afterall.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thank you, dex, that's about a five minute drive from my house - we're right off 140th on Rose Hill. My husband thinks it's funny that I get so excited about finding food bargains, but it's the challenge of it!

Shannon
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 15:42

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 172/165/125
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi all!

I'm in little Leavenworth. It's gorgeous here, but I do have to drive 30 miles to get "special" LC supplies that our Safeway doesn't have. Most of time I'm headed to Fred Meyer. They have a nice organic section and carry many Atkins products.

It's really nice to have fellow Washingtonians on the board. Makes me feel less alone!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 20:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/158/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

HI Washington folk

Another great place is Larry's Market. It's not the cheapest place the the selection is A+, it is the only place I have found the Atkins chips (even thought I didn't buy then $3.99 for a tiny bag) they do however carry syrups and sauces and all the bread mixes (skip the rye bread )

Hope this helps

I go the one in Bellevue
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:27

Plan: protein power-GO diet
Stats: 224/179/166 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'm just outside of Renton, and Minkler's Green Earth in Renton is where I get many of my low carb items, like Atkins bread, low carb tortillas, unsweetened soymilk..I also hit Trader Joes for their cream line yoghurt, which is great tasting and really cheap!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 16:51

Stats: 189/168/135
BF:
Progress: 39%

I'm in Vancouver, WA.
Thought I'd let Seattle area folks know that my brother is in the process of opening a Low Carb store in the Issaquah area. He is just in the "try to get financing stage" right now and hasn't pinned down a location. So hopefully in the not so distant future there will be a low carb store in your area!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 19:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default hi

please be sure to let us know his store address when he gets one
linda
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:26
Registered Member

Stats: 173/148/120 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 47%

My dh went to GNC is Bellingham and said it was great!! 3 aisles full of low carb stuff--Atkins. All different kinds of syrups, shakes, bars, sauces, etc.

Does anyone know if the GNC in Everett is like that?

Holly
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 10:50

Stats: 150/150/120
BF:
Progress: 0%

I live in Olympia with access to Costco, GNC and J-Vee Health Foods which increasingly carries low carb items. The closest Trader Joe for us is in Federal Way.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:07
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
I live near lovely Olympia, but I'm originally a Seattle girl. Love it down here - kindof like how Seattle was 20 years ago. I've also noticed a lot of us from Washington State on the list - must be because we're generally so cool.

Shop at the Cash & Carry (esp. for the DaVinci syrups for ~$3.60 a big bottle), and just visited JV Health Food Store yesterday. Boy howdy, how HFS have changed! Very exciting, finding great items like LaTortilla Factory bread and LeCarb ice cream.

XOXO Monika
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 21:54

Stats: 187/178.5/145
BF:28 (goal <24)
Progress: 20%
Default Cash & Carry Locations

I found the locations of the Cash and Carry stores in Washington at this url:

http://www.smartandfinal.com/store_...type=2&state=wa
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 01:42

Plan: Modified LC
Stats: 231/203.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yep
Progress: 34%
Cool

I'm on the peninsula, in the Port Angeles/Sequim area. Any other LCer's nearby?
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 17:56
Don't Call Me Sugar

Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Another Olympian here

Actually Lacey, right by Panorama City.

I live quite close to J-Vee. They must have added lots of new low-carb stuff since I last went in, I'd better check it out. I checked out Olympia Food Co-op and it was pretty worthless for a low-carber, except of course the produce.

By the way, the Hong Phat market on Pacific and College has neat produce and stuff. And of course, the Farmer's Market in Olympia! Which I need to get out to!

Fred Meyer has been adding more lowcarb items. I think it's a lucrative market.

The other great thing about Lacey is that I'm right by the Chehalis Western Trail, which is shady and scenic and excellent for biking, walking, etc.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 18:38

Plan: Atkins/modified
Stats: 175/171/150
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi all!
I'm actually living in Alaska at the moment but I'm a hometown Washington gal! Bremerton is home for me, although I lived in in Kennewick, and in Federal Way for several years as a kid.

I haven't been "home" in 4 years now, but will be traveling to Seattle to see my family this August! Yeah! I'm so excited, can't wait!
I love Washington, and miss it terribly... Hubby's been in the Air Force for 21 years, so we haven't actually lived there since 1982. Mostly lived in the desert areas until we moved to Alaska 4 years ago, it was so nice to be near green trees and water again, albeit, not "home" Alaska is pretty close!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 14:24

Stats: 327/317/205 Male 70.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Smile Thanks for all the info!!!

Nice to have found this thread here. Been looking for a site like this for nearly a month now. I Started a LC living about a month and a half ago, with no real direction, other than a few ideas as to how it was supposed to work, and a goal. Thank God for this site. I have finally found what I am looking for. I had no idea where to purchase those items which would allow me to have a little variety in my diet. I have lived in Port Orchard, Wa for about 2 years now, and it is good to hear that I have everything I need really close to me. I go to Seattle and Tacoma all the time, work in Bremerton, and visit co-workers in Silverdale often. Everything I needed has always been all around me, and I had no idea. Thanks to all for the info posted, and good luck