Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%
Default Blood Tests

Alright, I'm going home this weekend so I thought I'd stop by the clinic and get bloodwork done, as I never got the chance to before going on this diet.
What tests do I all need done?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 15:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Psilocybin,

Have you read the latest Atkins book? The advice you want is in there under "Before you start."

If you have not yet read the book, I strongly advise you do so. Attempting a low carb eating plan without adequate preparation is almost certainly dooming yourself to failure.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 15:48

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Psilocybin...

If you don't have the book, I'd highly suggest that you get it; there's a lot of information there that you would find quite helpful, I'm sure. But...in case you don't have it and can't get it before you go home, you can probably find the information you are looking for at the Atkins website: www.atkinscenter.com
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 16:01
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%

I dont have the book, nor any money to buy one (not that I would anyways, as I only read stuff thats printed on a computer screen).

But I'll look around that site, I must have missed it before.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 17:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I believe the information you are looking for is on Dr. Atkins' website here: http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/14-368169.html
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 20:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default lipid panel

Hi I just had my blood work done and I also work for a hospital and do blood work, a lipid panel should cover it or somtimes its called a cardiac study eval good luck and I hope this helps.I do agree that reading the book is very important you can either go to a secong hand book store or amazo n sells used books for very cheap ,But a new one is about I want to say 6$ but I dont know your situation .good luck