Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-05, 19:14

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%
Default Awesome recipes! - 1 pork, 1 chicken

Both these recipes are sooo easy. The chicken recipe came from Food TV's 30 Minute Meals (Rachael Ray) and the pork was a supermarket "taste this and we'll sell you all the ingredients" find.

Rachael Ray's Rosemary Chicken

4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces each
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it, just enough to coat chicken lightly
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 stems rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped, about 2 tablespoons
Salt and coarse black pepper
4 cloves garlic, cracked away from skin with a whack against the flat of your knife

Coat chicken in balsamic vinegar, then olive oil. Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper and let stand 10 minutes. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic to the pan. Cook chicken 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.

Here's a link to the page this is on (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rec...6_23776,00.html) but there are other carb-laden recipes as well so I just copied and pasted what was applicable to the chicken. I haven't worked the carb count in this - I know you have to be careful with balsamic vinegar. But there's really not that much, and the flavor it gives the chicken is incredible! This recipe is VERY LC-friendly!!

The pork recipe is even easier. Wrap a pork loin in bacon, coat in lemon pepper seasoning (make sure it's sugar-free), bake on wire roasting rack at 350 degrees until internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve. That's it! Again, haven't done the carb count, but should be pretty much zero. And believe it or not, it's relatively low-fat as well! The fat just drips away and the lemon pepper and bacon create sort of a crust...YUM YUM!

Enjoy!

Last edited by MsDad : Sat, Aug-27-05 at 20:56.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-27-05, 21:55

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 215/211/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 5%

That chicken recipe looks delicious! The balsamic should give you somewhere between 2-3 grams of carbs per tablespoon (15ml) according to the bottles in my cupboard. I have seen higher carb counts on bottles in the supermarket though.

Balsamic is so lovely and teams perfectly with so many meats and salads. I even have seen a Jamie Oliver recipe where he uses balsamic with berries (it was some kind of carb laden fruit crumble). I am looking forward to trying the combination when I introduce berries into my plan.