Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-07, 11:40
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H.
Hi -

My name is Linda and I'm very glad to have found this forum -- there's so much "real-life" info -- and I'm inspired by the success many of you are achieving.

I'm on Day 5 of Phase 1, and although it's not a walk in the park, I'm down 4 pounds already. I know from past diet attempts that I really can't go it alone, so I'm glad to be here!

Linda

Hi Linda and Welcome!!

Congrats on your first losses!!

It gets easier in time so settle in and come here daily to read something somewhere on this forum. There is a ton of info and it does help to keep us in it.

Start a journal as that is where a lot of action happens in this community.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 13:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200/186/140 Female 5' 2"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 23%
Default Welcome Linda H

Hi Linda:

This really is a great forum - so much great info and inspiration.

I just finished two weeks on Phase 1 and am down 10 Lb's and really like this SB way of eating.

It's so great to be able to visit here everyday and get support and encouragement - hope you enjoy it and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H.
Hi -

My name is Linda and I'm very glad to have found this forum -- there's so much "real-life" info -- and I'm inspired by the success many of you are achieving.

I'm on Day 5 of Phase 1, and although it's not a walk in the park, I'm down 4 pounds already. I know from past diet attempts that I really can't go it alone, so I'm glad to be here!
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 19:37

Plan: south beach
Stats: 162/162/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy NEED your Inspiration and Support BADLY

Im 42 and at an ALL TIME bloat of 165 pounds. VERY depressed about my weight, iv had some medical problems the last few years and have not been able to get my weight under control . Now it seems that i gain weight when i smell something!! I need to be 122 pounds..Ive started to suffer form arthiritis which is a BAD sign..dont wnat ANY more health problems. Please tell me this is the rightplace to make a new beginning. Ive read South Beach and it seems scientific and seen people who have succeded...and Im willing to put in everything I have...My worry is breakfast. After I wotrk out I need a high carb breakfast in the morning and i cant do meat at that time...can someone help me
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-07, 15:20

Thumbs up After work out breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz259
Im 42 and at an ALL TIME bloat of 165 pounds. VERY depressed about my weight, iv had some medical problems the last few years and have not been able to get my weight under control . Now it seems that i gain weight when i smell something!! I need to be 122 pounds..Ive started to suffer form arthiritis which is a BAD sign..dont wnat ANY more health problems. Please tell me this is the rightplace to make a new beginning. Ive read South Beach and it seems scientific and seen people who have succeded...and Im willing to put in everything I have...My worry is breakfast. After I wotrk out I need a high carb breakfast in the morning and i cant do meat at that time...can someone help me

Hi Katz259:

I'm a newbie to this SB having been on it only 2.5 weeks, I am a carb junkie (or ex CJ now!) and have been for years and years, have struggled with weight, and yoyo'd for years, I can not believe how good I feel on SB - I'm never really that hungry, my carb cravings are gone, so are my sugar cravings .... it's really amazing. Dr. Agatston who designed the program, the cardioligist, certainly did his research.

I used to love my high carb brekky after working out; however, I have switched quite easily to breakfast frittata's (lean bacon, eggs, mushrooms, red peppers, etc. ... I make it in a large square pan and then have a piece heated up for breakfast. Or, I don't mind 1% cottage cheese with some chunks of tomatoes mixed in. Even a boiled egg, or poached egg on a piece of lean bacon with some tomatoe, or egg substitute omlette, or even an egg white and one yoke omlette with veggies in it. Sometimes I just grab a couple of pieces of lean turkey lunch meat and wrap red peppers in it and some bits of part-skim mozzarella, and wrap a boston lettuce leaf around it all and it's pretty good.

Hope that helps somewhat ... it really does work though, and you may find like I did that you really don't miss the carbs.

Ms A
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-07, 20:35

Plan: south beach
Stats: 162/162/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress:

this is very helpful, I notice you lost 10 punds in 21/2 weeks, how long do you plan to stay on Phase 1..also, is it healthy to eat eggs everyday?
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-07, 09:40
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
this is very helpful, I notice you lost 10 punds in 21/2 weeks, how long do you plan to stay on Phase 1..also, is it healthy to eat eggs everyday?

I stayed in phase I for a total of 4 weeks. I did that because I was not doing it perfectly and wanted my 2 weeks to be perfect before I moved on.

Unless you have orders from your doctor otherwise, it is totally OK to eat eggs daily. I eat about 2 eggs a day...everyday!! Eggs are good for us....yolks too!!

I always have 6 HB eggs ready to eat in my fridge.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-07, 11:44

Default Eggs

Quote:
this is very helpful, I notice you lost 10 punds in 2 1/2 weeks, how long do you plan to stay on Phase 1..also, is it healthy to eat eggs everyday?

Hi Katz259

Yes, I lost 10 Lb's, in 2.5 weeks and I am now starting phase 2 as I do like to have my steel cut oats for breakfast - but now I have some protein after I eat the oats and find that is working and I'm not hungry. I have the steel cut oats with 1% milk, then an egg or some lean protein or nuts afterwards.

I always make sure I have my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks too, either nuts or lean protein. I am also starting to add one apple back in and have that for my afternoon snack, but I spread a little natural organic peanut butter on each piece and that really makes a huge difference. Usually when I eat an apple it makes me hungry.

I also work out pretty regularly, at the gym on the cardio machines 3 times a week, weights, yoga, and walking my dog. I find I really enjoy this now and also find it much easier to do and have way more energy for exercise now I'm eating SB!

The 'egg' situation has changed now - they used to think it wasn't so good for us to eat too many eggs, even on Weight Watchers they wanted you to limit to three a week; however, recent studies have shown that they are NOT bad for you and they do in fact effect both good and bad cholesterol levels in such a way that it is not unhealthy as they once thought.

Dr. Agatston talks about this in his book - like Judynyc says, unless your doctor tells you not to eat too many for health reasons then they really are ok!

I do notice that Dr. Agatston talks about egg substitutes in his recipes though .... not sure why? Perhaps because his patients are mostly obese with heart problems??

*** Judynyc, do you know why Dr. Agatston talks so much in his recipes about the egg substitute stuff?? I use real eggs, not sure I want to bother with the substitute stuff, plus it's expensive!

I buy organic free range eggs - Dr. Agatston does mention that free range eggs, and meats, are better for us if we can afford and get them, so I do try to make most of my diet organic and free range whenever possible.

Ms A

Last edited by Ms A : Wed, Dec-05-07 at 11:51.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-08, 19:04
Attitude is a Choice

This is a great link for newbies...or anyone who wants to read more about the South Beach way of eating.

http://southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/index.aspx

Check out the success stories!! I'm one of them!

Last edited by Judynyc : Tue, Jan-08-08 at 19:14.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-08, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
This is a great link for newbies...or anyone who wants to read more about the South Beach way of eating.

Hey, thanks so much for the link Judy - awesome!

And congrats on being one of the success stories .... I checked it out, you look awesome! Way to go!

And thanks for all your great info and support on this forum, I have really learned a lot from your posts, and continue to be motivated.

Paula
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-08, 17:23
Attitude is a Choice

Thank you Paula!! and Your very welcome!!
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-08, 21:39
Attitude is a Choice

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...9&page=41&pp=15

This link will take you to the South Beach Babes thread, page 41...scroll down on that page to find the newest food lists and meal plan charts. They come from the official SBD web site.

Please print them up and use them as reference as you learn the plan...the meal plan charts are invaluable!!

Good Luck!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-08, 13:57
Registered Member

Stats: 121/119/103 Female 157 cm
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey everyone! I am Eliana, I'm 21 and I'm new to the forums and to the SBD. Well.. I always kinda have been a SBD, but I was under a lot of stress last year and I won a lot of weight. Now I want to go back to my ideal weight, so I read the SBD bood and I decided to give it a try.

Thought I should introduce myself to all the other SB dieters.
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 11:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Hi Everyone! I posted a ton of questions in separate threads, but didn't introduce myself yesterday. I've been on the LC forum since 2004 when I very successfully did Atkins. But slowly I cheated more and more and then all out binged and so............. This time I'm really trying to find something that works as a true lifestyle. I read the SB book last fall, but wanted the "what to look for" list on labels. My DD (a SBer here) kept saying "well it's right there on the forum" & I could never find it. ANYWAY so I kept looking for a different diet. Long story short, I think I'm doing my own plan, but it's really close to SB. LOL Anyway I've lost 3 lbs this week. Have not had time to update my profile, so that's not right at all.
Just want to thank you all for the answers to all the questions I asked. It has been VERY HELPFUL!!!!
  #104   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 10:51
Registered Member

Stats: 255/255/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I see that your on the fat flush can I get more details about it? Thank you!!
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 12:24
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc

Bumping this up for newbies who would like to get the free Daily Dish in your email.
Closed Thread