Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/229.5/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Haven't a clue
Progress: 27%
Default *deep breath* Let's start again! Join me!

Here we go... I've brushed myself off, hidden the scale, and went shopping for lots of lovely veggies, meats, eggs, and cheese. I looked back at my first week of Induction, and realized I was eating more veggies than I am now, not quite so much meat, and a bit less fat. So, I'm going back to the basics again. More veggies, NO frankenfoods, plus an ocean or two of water.

Fallen off your plan? Join me, and we'll do this together! Brush off the dust, and let's get back on the Low Carb Horse!

We can do it!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:43

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

i'll join you!

i haven't fell off at all, but just realized yesturday that i am consuming WAY too much sodium *sigh* i was totally baffled when i looked at my fitday thinking how the heck is this possible- almost everything i eat is fresh- the only "processed" foods i've been eating are string cheeze and deli turkey. but add to that my daily dose of salted pistachios and whammo. so, i'm revamping my menu a bit. its going to be tough. apparently, you shouldnt consume more than 1600mgs a day. well, even after revamping, my before dinner menu includes today:

1 small chicken breast w/ 10 small shrimp
1 small summer squash
1 string cheeze
1 dannon carb control strawberry yogurt
10 celery sticks w/ 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheeze

and already, i have 1167mgs of sodium *sigh*

so, here's to a new day... and a healthier path
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 04:12

That's one thing I'm trying to change as well--I eat far too much sodium. I got smart yester day and picked up sodium reduced bacon, so hopefully that will help/

Thanks so much for joining in with me! Today is another fresh start. I'm going to take this one day at a time. It's far too scary to look years down the road.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 07:03

Stats: 359/266/174 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I was just now sitting here telling DH that we need to do the same thing. I get home from work fairly late and for the last few weeks we really haven't been having dinner...the kids just get whatever, DH usually has tuna and pork rinds and I often don't eat because I'm not hungry. I'm going to make up a weekly menu today and then go shopping for everything we need so that I can cook as much as possible on Sunday to make it easier to get dinner together.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 07:04
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Can I jump in?

I just started low carbing last month. Right now I'm discouraged as the scales don't seem to want to move! Very frustrating. I'm trying to keep my fitday journal updated from this point forward so I can see what I'm doing wrong. I finished up what I ate yesterday, and it's more than 40 g carbs!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I want to join this thread because I'm on the upward scale, almost 10 pounds higher than my profile says. The weight just seems to creep back on if you aren't vigilant. I'm going to try and limit calories and drink lots of water this weekend and see if I can get the scale to start moving downward again.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 17:29

I'm so glad that you have all decided to join in! Crone, the FitDay is a wonderful tool. I really would have no idea what exactly I'm eating without it. I'm also limiting calories like you fishie48. When I first started out a few weeks ago, I happily ate anywhere from 1300 to 2200 calories each day, and most of it protein. That doesn't work for me. This week, I'm trying to stay at around 1500-1600 calories each day, and I am also trying to up my carbs to the 20 g I'm allowed. Drinking the water is another major battle. I stopped bringing drinks to work, and instead keep a big glass at my desk full of water.

I am going to be popping in here later this weekend, and I hope to see how everyone is doing!