Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 12:52

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%
Question Low carb Snacks - Any suggestions?

Hi Uk'ers

I'm on day 7 of my low carbing journey (sticking to 20g's of carbs a day max).

But I am finding it difficult on what to buy/eat for snacks for when I am feeling hungry after breakfast, before dinner etc (in between meals).

I need ideas on what to buy (I though it might be better to ask here, as some of the things available in America aren't available here or are hard to get hold of, which can get frustrating!).

At the moment, I am not doing to well. What I mean is, I am not eating enough!!! I am basically having a small breakfast, either 2 - 3 eggs, or some cucumber and tomatoes. Then dinner, which is meat and veggies. So in between I am not eating, because I don't know what to have that's low carb. All the rest of the food/snacks in the house is high carb, because that's what my mum, dad and brother eat. No good saying get them to eat low carb too, because they don't need to diet/lose weight and they wont do it anyway... so I leave them to it.

I find myself getting hungry in between meals (only natural, because I am only really eating 2 meals a day)... and I end up eating a bit of cheese, because that's all I have around that's "low carb"... so I would like some ideas so I can go out and stock up on snack foods.

I don't really want to be eating lots of cheese (not because I don't like it, I love cheese!). At the moment, when feeling hungry I will go and nick a handful of Asdas medium grated cheese, or a couple of square slices of red leicester cheese. But that doesn't really do anything for my hunger.

Any suggestions anyone?

I mainly shop at either Tescos, Asda or Morrisons. I would also prefer foods that are pretty much ready to eat, don't want to have to start getting the cooker on and using loads of pans just to eat a snack! I live with my parents and my mum gets upset when people start using the cooker and too many pans etc (over house proud), which makes things difficult for me to be honest . I basically use the microwave for eggs for breakfast unless I have veggies. I use the cooker for dinner and that's it... if I started using it during the day it would just be a nightmare, she'd give off that horrid atmosphere lol. Sounds silly I know, but that's my mum for you. And I don't really want to have to upset her, so I just keep the peace.
Sponsored Links