Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-07, 15:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Victoria July get together

Ok, here I go being proactive again.....

Nice to see our little group expand (in a good way LOL).

So - how's everyone's calendar for July?

I'm on vacation for the second week so that would work really well for me. With the new job, I am not sure how easy it will be to plan but I will make you girls a priority!!!

How about Thursday July 13?

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-07, 19:19

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Well I hate to rain on your parade Julie BUT .... my calendar says July 13 is a Friday!! How about Thurs. July 12th??

Still at Moxies? Back at the Spot? Somewhere else??? They tell me that variety is the spice of life but, after 50 years married to the same man, I'm really stuck in my rut and lovin' it!!

And yeah -- Linda and Janet, chime in here too!

Glenda
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 11:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 261/209/170 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:more/much/little
Progress: 57%
Default A former Victorian

Gee, I wish I was still in Victoria. To have a bunch of lcbers to go out to dinner with would be great! I left Victoria 18 years ago after living there for 10 years. Now in Vernon. Just dropping in to say hi. Maybe I'll have to start a group here ....if there isn't one already!? I just scrolled down and found this Canadian forum. Been on the site since March and apparently never scrolled down far enough. How stupid do I feel!! Good luck to you all.
Leah
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 11:27

BF:

Thanks Leah, and good luck to you as well! Any time you're planning a visit here, come back and let us know - we might be able to get our little group together. In the meantime, drop by any time!!
Glenda
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 11:38

Thanks Glenda.... Haven't been back since a year ago this past May when we were there for our nephew's military funeral who died in Afganistan April 22 last year. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year. Not the best trip. My parent's are gone now who lived in Duncan and my siblings are all in Alberta so I'm really the only one of my immediate family in BC. Thanks again for the welcome.
Leah
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 09:01

BF:

Ok, so now we know I can't read a calendar!! I can't do the 12th for lunch. Already have a "date".... Wednesday the 11th?

Leah - next time you are here, let us know!!

Julie

PS the birthday party was last night and it was a blast! I danced for 4 hours... makes up for the battered chicken wings ;~)
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 15:08

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

I will be in Ireland from July 12 - 29th - last minute trip - decided 2 weeks ago to join a friend & her daughter who had already booked their flights, hotel & tours. I was able to get same flight & tours - not same hotel but one just down the street from them.

Maybe I can make an August get-together!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 16:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
Ok, so now we know I can't read a calendar!!

Julie, you're an executive - you don't HAVE to read calendars! That's what the flunkies are for!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
PS the birthday party was last night and it was a blast! I danced for 4 hours... makes up for the battered chicken wings ;~)

I knew there were too many conversations going on at lunch - whose birthday? Battered chicken wings huh? That makes me feel better about the couple of nugget potatoes I ate in Nanaimo at our dd's home .... OK, maybe even the chocolate covered candied ginger!

Off lunch topic, Jude some time ago I read in some thread on here that you were planning to work on developing a low-carb method for candying ginger - any luck yet? I hope!!!!

Glenda
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 09:11

BF:

Executive? LOL.....fancy that.....

It was my SO's 50th birthday party on Saturday.

And BTW, I paid dearly for those little wings all day Sunday - my poor stomach was killing me!

All better now though.

Julie
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 09:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnut
I will be in Ireland from July 12 - 29th - last minute trip - decided 2 weeks ago to join a friend & her daughter who had already booked their flights, hotel & tours. I was able to get same flight & tours - not same hotel but one just down the street from them.

Maybe I can make an August get-together!

Have an awesome trip and we will make sure to get together with you in August!

Julie
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 09:42

Jamnut....I was just reading your profile and see you are a ward clerk. I worked at Saanich Peninsula Hospital for about 8 years. I also worked as ward clerk there as well as LPN. Just wondering if you work there? I also worked at the Gorge Rd Hosp prior to being at San Pen and my husband was a RN at the General on Urology. Just a little history.
Leah
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 14:06

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Leah - I was a LPN on ECU until I had a back injury (79-82), was off for a year & then came back as the ECU clerk for 20 years (84-04) & have been an Emerg clerk for three years now - all at SPH. Janet
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 20:12

Hi Janet....I never worked ECU at San Pen but on acute full time as a LPN. I worked Maureen Puckett's holidays as ward clerk and they covered my LPN shifts. You may remember a friend of mine from Extended Care, Judy Tremblay. She use to work as a care aid on ECU. I worked at San Pen from 1980 to 1988. I sure missed it when we moved here. Compared to the hospital here... San Pen was a piece of heaven.
Leah
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
.... OK, maybe even the chocolate covered candied ginger!

Off lunch topic, Jude some time ago I read in some thread on here that you were planning to work on developing a low-carb method for candying ginger - any luck yet? I hope!!!!

Glenda

Actually, I have done, but can't say the results are totally as expected. Very difficult to count, for starters, when you end up with a small container of little ginger nuggets, pretty darn chewy, but hey, usable! AND a large container of what can only be described as a sort of Ginger Sugar. I found a use for that, too, made Ginger Ice Cream...maybe it's buried in the Green Tea Ice Cream thread over in Sweet Treats? Have candied and carameled some orange peel, too. Deadly.

All that being said, I haven't got around to chocolate covered ginger, and it's about time for round 17 of the Candied Ginger Experiment, I guess!

#15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 18:05

BF:

Getting back on topic here, are we on for lunch on Wed. the 11th? As usual, we'd have to make it around 12:30 'cause John has the car all morning every Wed. Haven't heard from anyone except Janet (who can't make it) Julie and me. Anny, are you available then? Jude? Linda?

Jude, we'll expect to hear the results of the latest in the Great Candied Ginger Experiment! If necessary, I'm just gonna end up going with the regular, sugary stuff and just use a mixture of sweeteners with bitter chocolate to coat it and live with it! Luckily, I don't seem to get cravings from sugar - only carb hangover and I can control that with moderation!

Glenda