Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 09:28

Plan: Induction
Stats: 210/205/170 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Bare naked noodles. induction

Hey everyone. So i started induction again and have lost 5lbs in around 5 days so pretty happy. I bought some bare naked noodles the other day which have only 0.1g carbs er 100g and 3.4g of dietery fibre. 8 calories per 100g too so not bad.

The ingredients are water, konjac flour, food grade calcium hydtoxide, soybeanfibre and oatmeal flour. Im assuming the outmeal flour is next to nothing as carbs are only 0.1/100g

I realise being in in induction u shouldnt have oatmeal flour but when its so little does it really make that much of a difference?

Dont wana do anything to jeorpadise the weightloss!

Thanks guys x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 12:13
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Not crazy about the oat flour ingredient, but you can get "Shiritaki" noodles without oat flour. They come in tofu shiritaki too, and I think they're a little better. Anyway, konjac flour is like 100% fiber. Anyway, you are right there is probably very very little oat flour in them.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 16:12

Plan: Induction
Stats: 210/205/170 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi Nancy. Thanks for the reply! Im not a big fan of shirataki noodles. Do u think it really would make much of a difference when theres so little oat flour? X
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-13, 19:17

Plan: General
Stats: 214.0/206.8/192.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Why not use real food instead of a frankenfood? If Atkins doesn't list "miracle noodles" or "zero carb bread" or any other junk "food", then it would be wise to avoid it if you wish to see success/maximize your success.

Why not use spaghetti squash or julienned zucchini/yellow necks or riced cauliflower or any other real, whole, clearly listed as acceptable vegetable instead of something that is only in the US thanks to someone wishing to monetarily capitalize on the "low carb fad"?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-13, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: wheatbelly variation
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:

Maria,

I think it is ok... but I'm doing wheat belly not atkins...

Where did you find this product? Is there a link? I would like to check it out. Thanks!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-13, 21:44
Registered Member

Plan: wheatbelly variation
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:

never mind it looks like a UK product. I found the site. I will say if all their claims are true I am sure they are, they should be fine.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-13, 05:39

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria.mehr
Im not a big fan of shirataki noodles. X

These are just a variation of shirataki noodles, by the way. The oat flour is probably for color and texture in the same way that tofu is sometimes used. I have a few packs in my fridge but I'm actually not a big fan of them - they always seem off to me, no matter how I prepare them. I haven't tried this brand, but I've tried several and frankly they're all about the same.