Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-05, 13:58

Plan: protein power
Stats: 237/209.6/135 Female 64 inches
BF:approx 43.4 %
Progress: 27%
Default another newbie

Hello all.

My name is Becky and I am new to this forum. This is my second time around with protein power. When Dh and I got married in 99 we tried PP and did rather well on it for awhile. I guess I just wasn't ready to make it a way of life. We dedided to do this for good this time. We started on 4/27/05. We were keeping our meals to 10g or less and rarely snacking. I lost 14 pounds the first 14 days, then I started exercising and the pound loss slowed down but I was losing inches. After one month of PP I had lost a total of 18 pounds. Then I had to go out of town to pick up my step-daughter for her summer visit things seem to really slow down after that. At the end of the second month I was down a total of 26 pounds. That is a great accomplishment I know but now it seems that I have stopped losing all together. I am actually up 1 from that 26 lost. TOM just left and I usually have a whoosh upon departure but not this time. I am really frustrated. Im pretty sure it is from the fat that I have added lately to my WOE. I also have been inconsitent with my water. Drinking a lot one day and none the next. I guess thats about all there is to my intro.

Its great to have found this site.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 06:29

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I'll be first to reply.

Hello and welcome to the PP board. You should pop on into the java room (the sticky at the very beginning of the board). thats where we all hang out and talk about everything from big PhD exams (me) to husband things (Bawdy) and Hillbilly Hotel (Orang). We're a great group and really supportive of each other in everything in life, not just PP.

25 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment! remember, that everything takes time and there will be some weeks of no loss at all and some weeks of figuring out your body. some weeks of nothing lost when you havent cheated at all and some weeks of a big huge loss when all youve eaten is pizza and chocolate. who really knows why it happens?

If you make it a way of life then it will come off eventually. post some of your menus up in the java room and im sure you will get a lot of feedback.

Again, welcome to the forum.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 08:06

Plan: protein power
Stats: 237/209.6/135 Female 64 inches
BF:approx 43.4 %
Progress: 27%

Thanks for the welcome. I'll go post in the java room.