Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 17:20
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Good evening everyone,
Gee, it's been a busy day on here.
Meg, I've been praying for your brother. And welcome to our group. I don't post all that much but read several times a day....usually (unless life interferes).
Sounds like that whooshie girl has been busy. She started out the week at my place and I'd certainly welcome her back this weekend. Pants felt looser today and I measured my waist (about the only one I can do accurately myself) and it's down nearly 1 1/2" from when DH last measured me Feb. 2. Now I think it was up slightly on Feb. 2 from the previous month because that was when my VCR wasn't working and I couldn't do all my exercise.
Still working at GI diet and enjoying it. It's nice to be able to bake muffins that actually have muffin texture. And, boy, I'm sure not hungry on this. I had half a whole wheat pita for supper filled with "flakes of chicken" mixed with some chopped veggies. Also salad, left over cooked cabbage and then my yogourt and berries for dessert. I'm supposed to have 3 snacks a day too and I keep forgetting. Yesterday I did really well on that and got all 3. Today I'm not doing as well.
We have another winter storm watch for tomorrow. Snow, freezing rain, then change to rain. Then more snow for Sat. It's supposed to get to about 40 tomorrow, but if they goof on the temp it could affect how our precipitation comes. I worked out my third time of the week at Curves today just in case it's really nasty tomorrow.
Keep losing everyone!
Marjorie
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 18:09
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Meg--praying for your brother and your whole family. Please keep us posted. I just told my sister who is in Germany and she is praying as well. Why did I share with her? Cause this is a very near and dear subject for us as well.. my sisters husband just came home yesterday from Iraq after being deployed there for one whole year. Its been crazy for them.

They were transfered last year from Ft Drum NY to Germany.. No sooner had their vehicle and all of their furniture shipped over there, then he got word about Iraq... so sis has been living in Germany all this year, w/out hubby.. strange country and no hubby. Cause all of her stuff was over there.. ( i begged her to come live here!)

So, its been quite a year for many. Again..prayers are being fervently said..

Oh..shoot..i have to reboot my pc..brb!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 18:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Way to go, us! We've never gone to 3 pages before!!!

I'd take back that description, but anyone who's ever had it would have to agree with me.

And Rob, I reserve the right to turn up my nose at your pepperoni and cottage cheese concoction. At least I know that my "science experiment" tastes like snot!

Elaine, when I measure, I always do so first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. I just always feel smallest then. It doesn't matter, though, as long as you always do it at the same time and in the same way.

Marnie, what's the GI plan again? I know you were upping your carbs now that you're so close to goal. I remember when you first joined us. You were bemoaning the fact that you couldn't seem to get things to move. You were afraid you'd never get down to the size you wanted by the time you went to Mexico. Well, look at you! You flew by all the rest of us and you're almost there. Way to go!!!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 21:47

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

OK let's go for another page!!!

Meg, My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, may everything turn out fine for your brother! We had been worried that my new son-inlaw would be heading over, but he started having these seizures that they can not explain, he is getting a medical discharge.

Dawn, what a awful ordeal for your sister, I can't imagine how tough it would be to adjust there, hopefully there will be other wives going through the same thing over there for support! BTW, is that your dog in the picture that you posted?? What a cute spoiled baby!!

NOW the great debate is on! "Snotty flax, Or will it be Cottage pepperoni?" ONLY YOU CAN BE THE JUDGE!! Me/ I will take pizza ANY day!!

Elaine, I also do my weighing and measuring in the morning, my dh scoffs at me, but it DOES make a difference!

Marnie, GOOD to hear from you! So the GI woe is going well?? Have you gotten your vcr working again? My treadmill was on the blink for awhile and it nearly drove me insane to not be able to get on it! The weather had been so cold that I could not go out for a run either! (I know, alittle cheese with my wine!) Hey could you send us some of that winte stuff? It has really dried out in our neck of the Dakotas and we have been in a drought for the last 3 years, the far eastern part has been getting it all lately and we need an ecessive amount for our dams to fill! Hope that your storm will not be to severe!

Hello to Ellie! Thanks for putting in a good word with the woosh fairy! Sunday is scale day for me! We are heading up to Rapid after school is out tomorow and am helping our daughter move to an apartment.(she wants to be all settled in before her husband gets home from the discharge at basic!) The part that I do not understand is that he did graduate, then they decided to discharge him, but they have not sent him home yet AND will not allow him to make any phone calls?? The service can be so unpredictable! (my first husband was a Marine so I have had experience with the forces!)

Well I thought that I would put my 2 cents worth in tonight!
HAVE A GREAT EVENING!

Hello to everyone else! Unity,Michele,Wendy,Renee,Bawdy,Rob,Black,Mark!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 22:23
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissette
BTW, is that your dog in the picture that you posted?? What a cute spoiled baby!!

Actually it is my "lil'" jillie.. but where did she go? I dont see the post on this thread anylonger.. LOL.. did she go to the Bermuda triangle of lost Lc puppies?
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 22:26

Plan: Basic Lo Carb
Stats: 270/236/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thank you so much for the kind words..I can't begin to explain how much they mean to me!! Still nothing. I have a Sgt here with me until we do hear something. I guess today was a pretty bad day over there, alot going on. I'm sure we will hear about it on the news in the morning. A few were killed Thursday (Iraqi time) but the names haven't been released yet I guess and then some today (our time). I get so confused on the time diff. But the Sgt said we should hear something overnight. Did awful on my eating today, just not hungry. Ended up with a piece of KFC my Aunt made me eat and an apple. YEAH both with tons of carbs. Better than nothing I suppose. Will check in again when I hear anything.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 04:54

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

well I just got home from work..
YAWNS
I don't think we made three pages but it is still thursday to me so I don't feel like I am cheating to much to still post on todays....
got to go to bedddddd falling asleeeppp on the keybooaaaaaaaaaaarrrddd
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 04:56

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

GOOD
NIGHT

ALL