Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-02-01, 22:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi!

I was just thinking that another forum idea, or maybe just a thread idea might be for those who are in this for over a hundred pounds to lose. I have a lot to go, haven't even set a goal for myself actually, still trying to come to grips with that, but I know that I feel a great kindridship with everyone who posts to this board. Yet, I always feel a little extra surge of commradery (sp? sorry and I'm an English teacher! shame....) when I see posts from those with a lot to lose.

So, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear from some 100 + wanna be losers out there. I started this about 6 weeks ago and I'm down 23 pounds. I feel remarkable and I know this is the way to live for me! I haven't seen a 2 as the first number in my weight since before I got pregnant almost 2 years ago. I'm at 297 now and feeling on a role!

Thanks for everyone's support, advice and information.

Mari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-02-01, 22:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

This is a great idea Mari, we can sure do that.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-03-01, 07:59
Forum Founder

Done!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-03-01, 15:34

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Im a tripple digiter as well

hello there, what a good idea to have this thread, I am new to this diet and aint haveing alot of luck on ideas for food... I also had a baby 2 years ago, what a coincidence... well I dont know how much weight I have lost on the week I have been on this because I dont have a scale yet, should get one by tomorrow though...

I am looking forward to the posts here.
take care and god bless
lynn
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 08:15

Plan:
Stats: 387/196/145
BF:
Progress:

Over the past 2 years I have lost 187 pounds. Not just by low-carbing, I also had the benefit of gastric bypass surgery. But, there have been many struggles on my way here. I can offer this advice. Set little goals and don't get overwhelmed by the big picture. Breaking through into the 2's is fantastic! Set reward levels for yourself. For instance, when I hit the 200 pound lost point I have a rather nice shopping spree coming! Also, I might throw a party. A BiCentennial Party ! My end goal is 250 pounds lost and I'm still formulating my plans for that one!!!

Shopping, an evening out, even a weekend away. Anything you can manage will help get you to the next goal. I would recommend not setting any goal higher than 15 pounds. That is a huge amount to lose and you shouldn't have to wait longer than that to reward yourself.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 09:45
Forum Founder

I'm not sure if I have 100+ more to lose. I lost 120. According to insurance height-weight tables I need to be 180, but I've been there and looked like skin on bones, so this time-around I'm shooting for 230-240 instead of the standard 180.

Interesting that on those "ideal" tables, most sports athletes would be classified as obese, and body builders would be morbidly obese!

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 10:12

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Hi mari

I'll put my hand up. I'm another fat person.. I'm a similar size to you and have a fair way to go but only another 12lbs to my next goal. I had a baby 11 months ago and that added another 60 lbs to my already large size.

I want to be thin enough to get back to work and get a good job (not what I'd think of as a 'fat persons' job - you know the sort, they give it to you when they cant get anyone else to do it. They accept that you're fat only because you're well and truly skilled enough to do the job). Maybe you've not had this experience but I have recently and it really began to get me down. Then you find yourself acting like a fat person....

Thank himself for low carbing! I've already stopped acting like a fat person and I intend soon not to look like a fat person ....

Anyway, we'll all get there together - even if I have to put up with all these d**n trekkies....

Nicola
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 10:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Just popping by....

Those height-weight charts are so out of whack. According to them, at 5'2", I should weigh 105-110. I just worked out my lean body weight, and it's 107. So even with NO FAT AT ALL on my bod, I'd STILL be overweight by a couple of pounds! And I ain't no bodybuilder, believe me!

I think those stats were cooked up by a bunch of skinny capitalist sadists to make us all unhappy so we'll buy more crap we don't need to make ourselves feel better.

Just my humble opinion!

Rachel

PS: Hi, Nicola. I'm just a damned wanna-be Trekkie! When I get into that uniform, you'll be the first to know!

#9   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 10:19

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hey Wa'il (Thats wa as in waah, the baby's cry and il as in the french il?? with a pause in the middle).

You must be huge if 180 is small on you. How tall are you? Yes it will enrich my day and alter my perspective on life....

Probably a wookie or something out of the delta quadrant.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 10:34

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

So you're lurking about again eh Rachel?? Arent their any star trek reruns on the box that you should be watching??

I bet you fancy yourself as the new Deanna Troy in one of those short jobs, I'd tend towards more of a 7 of 9 look myself although I doubt that at my age my chest will ever look like that.

Still I suppose lonely apartment livers without cats have to have some kind of an interest ...

Alright, I feel sorry for you even - when you move, you can have one of mine, you can chose between the old one, the old diabetic one or the young epileptic one with the gammy legs. Yeah, having cats is great fun....

Nicola
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 19:33
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by nrussell
Hey Wa'il (Thats wa as in waah, the baby's cry and il as in the french il?? with a pause in the middle).

Couldn't have said it better. Just make sure the baby cries for no more than a split scond.

[quote
You must be huge if 180 is small on you. How tall are you? Yes it will enrich my day and alter my perspective on life....
[/quote]

Between 5'11 and 6 foot, but I have those, short, dense wide bones.

Wa'il
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-11-01, 11:56

Plan:
Stats: 295/295/150
BF:
Progress:

I have over 100lbs to lose, aussi.

My weight now is about 295 ( I have to weigh myself--haven't done it since february). I will like to go down to about 150 or a comfortable size 12 which ever comes first.

I am there with you rachel, I HATE those stupid weight charts. I am also 5'2'' and there is NO WAY I am going down to 107! I will be a skeleton held together by skin.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-29-01, 17:25

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 306/289/165
BF:
Progress:
Talking New way of life and now under 300

I too have over 100 pounds to loose. I started the Adkins after I saw that it worked. My sister in law lost over 100 pounds in about 1 year and has kept off 80. I tell my friends that I now have ADD due to all the energy I have. I have lost 16 pounds since 4.22, and have went down 2 dress sizes. I feel wonderful and I have made my mind up to make this my way of life. This is no diet it is dedication to my self.....
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-29-01, 19:56
Forum Founder

Welcome aboard Vicky, glad you found us!

Congrats on 1: the 16 lbs, and 2: choosing this as a way of life!

Wa'il
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-30-01, 07:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up hi Vicky, welcome to our forum

Yes, congrats on the weight and inches lost so far, and good for you for choosing lowcarb as a healthy WOL. Looking forward to reading more posts from you ..

Doreen