Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 16:28

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%
Default What other things are you looking forward to besides weight loss & better health?

Hey Y'all,

What started my thinking on this is... my hubby and I went to a restaurant, and as I always do; I asked for a table, instead of a booth. I mentioned to my hubby that I was so looking forward to the day I could just say, "First available, please."
Here are some other things I thought of:
1. I want to order or buy clothes without an x or a plus in them. The only plus I want to see is you get this great sweater, Plus, a matching scarf, for one low price. I don't want to buy anything that has stretchy material in it.
2. I want to go to a fair or amusement park and ride any dang ride I want to and not have to worry that the protecting bar won't close for me.
3. I want to go shopping in a mall, or do any kind of activity with my boys, and/or hubby and not have to sit and rest.
4. I want to go to a doctor's office and not have anxiety, or panic attacks, because I am afraid of what their scale might show or what the dr. will say to me.
5. I want to ride an airplane and not ask for an extension belt.
6. I want to be able to horseback ride again.
7. When I go on our cruise I want to be able to do any excursion or activity they offer.
8. I want to go through a turnstile and not worry I won't fit.
9. I want to sit in a chair with arms and not worry I won't fit.
10. I want to play basketball, and volleyball again without someone worrying I will have a heart attack.

This is just some of the things I thought of. What are you looking forward to?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Sometimes at goal, you get the opposite problem. The table is uncomfortably far away in a booth. Or you get banged up and bruised on those roller coasters.
Still haven't gotten over the doctors office anxiety tho.

Some of the best non scale milestones for me:

Realizing that I could not only walk up a flight of stairs without taking a break, I could run up multiple flights without being winded.

Fitting into the third row of my van.

Not creating a dam in the bathtub, even if I tried.

Being able to walk for miles and miles....(OK, I can't currently do this due to my hips, but it's temporary and I will get there again!)

Not obsessing about my next meal or food in general! (as long as there's meat thawed, or a pre cooked homemade frozen dinner ready in the freezer, I don't have to think about what I'm eating next. Sometimes I even forget to eat)

Being small enough to spoon with my sweetie on the couch.

My kids being able to hug me all the way around!

Fitting into the freakishly small bathroom stall at the ball field where my girls played softball. (It was so narrow and I couldn't squeeze back enough to even shut the door)

Being able to crawl through the play tunnels and go down slides with my kiddos.

Being able to comfortably sit in a school desk.

I'm sure I had many more OMG I can do that now moments. But those are the ones sticking out right now.

Awesome topic to start!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 17:33
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Awesome Topic Tam!

It's totally a different world for me being Just Jo instead of "Fat Jo". I had the same anxieties you have.

What I love about your list is that these are things that should help you stay motivated to stay OP 100% when your "Fat Carb Creature" starts running her FAT mouth! You know how she starts whining about wanting carbs, etc and tries to entice you to eat carb-age crap!

My go-to motto when I first re-started again for the LAST freakin' time was: Remember what I GAIN when I LOSE!

Funny how that motto has warped these days into: Remember what I LOSE if I REGAIN!

Wishing you continued success on your journey to a healthier YOU, tam!! You've GOT THIS!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 18:46

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Tam! Great topic!

When I started this WOE of eating, my doc made me come up with a list of all the reason I wanted to release weight. I won't list all 28 I came up with but here are a few:

1. Feel better.
2. Have more energy.
3. Sleep better.
4. Fit better in theatre and stadium seats.
5. Be more comfortable in airplane seats.
6. Be more able to participate in activities while traveling - be within weight restrictions i.e. zip-lining, helicopter, boats, horse back riding, etc.
7. Less inflammation in my body and left knee especially.
8. Wear clothing sizes without an X in them.
9. Feel more comfortable in shorts, dresses, and bathing suits.
10. Go up the stairs in my house without feeling out of breath.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinright
Sometimes at goal, you get the opposite problem. The table is uncomfortably far away in a booth. Or you get banged up and bruised on those roller coasters.
Still haven't gotten over the doctors office anxiety tho.

Some of the best non scale milestones for me:

Realizing that I could not only walk up a flight of stairs without taking a break, I could run up multiple flights without being winded.

Fitting into the third row of my van.

Not creating a dam in the bathtub, even if I tried.

Being able to walk for miles and miles....(OK, I can't currently do this due to my hips, but it's temporary and I will get there again!)

Not obsessing about my next meal or food in general! (as long as there's meat thawed, or a pre cooked homemade frozen dinner ready in the freezer, I don't have to think about what I'm eating next. Sometimes I even forget to eat)

Being small enough to spoon with my sweetie on the couch.

My kids being able to hug me all the way around!

Fitting into the freakishly small bathroom stall at the ball field where my girls played softball. (It was so narrow and I couldn't squeeze back enough to even shut the door)

Being able to crawl through the play tunnels and go down slides with my kiddos.

Being able to comfortably sit in a school desk.

I'm sure I had many more OMG I can do that now moments. But those are the ones sticking out right now.

Awesome topic to start!

Such great NSV's Livinright! I too look forward to the day I can get a hug all the way around...right now even my grown kids can't do that. And OMG actually being able to take a bath instead of always a shower!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Awesome Topic Tam!

It's totally a different world for me being Just Jo instead of "Fat Jo". I had the same anxieties you have.

What I love about your list is that these are things that should help you stay motivated to stay OP 100% when your "Fat Carb Creature" starts running her FAT mouth! You know how she starts whining about wanting carbs, etc and tries to entice you to eat carb-age crap!

My go-to motto when I first re-started again for the LAST freakin' time was: Remember what I GAIN when I LOSE!

Funny how that motto has warped these days into: Remember what I LOSE if I REGAIN!
Wishing you continued success on your journey to a healthier YOU, tam!! You've GOT THIS!!

There's my Jo, world's best cheerleader!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeH20
Hey Tam! Great topic!

When I started this WOE of eating, my doc made me come up with a list of all the reason I wanted to release weight. I won't list all 28 I came up with but here are a few:

1. Feel better.
2. Have more energy.
3. Sleep better.
4. Fit better in theatre and stadium seats.
5. Be more comfortable in airplane seats.
6. Be more able to participate in activities while traveling - be within weight restrictions i.e. zip-lining, helicopter, boats, horse back riding, etc.
7. Less inflammation in my body and left knee especially.
8. Wear clothing sizes without an X in them.
9. Feel more comfortable in shorts, dresses, and bathing suits.
10. Go up the stairs in my house without feeling out of breath.

Renee your list almost mirrors mine! So ready for my new journey.