Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 03:20

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:
Default Leveld off towards the end?

hi folks

used to be 33 stone plus around 460 lbs

now i am down to 14 St 11 Lbs
it is very hard for me to shift these last few pounds (11 lbs) it is going slowed

its not leveled off its just its taking longer to come off . should this also happen on any diet as well as low carb?

i only consume between 5 - 10 G of carbs a day if that and i am at gym 3 times a week for a hour doing purely cardio

should this happen as i get close to my target weight?
i have always had good loss with low carb

** forgot to add folks . just now i am 14 St 11 Lbs but the skin i carry the exces i have is about 2 - 3 stone so really i am my ideal weight just now its just that my skin is most of it. i think i am under weight for my body weight and not my skin . so would this effect the loss since i am really on my ideal wieght?? my skin has to get cut off as i have a huge apron of it

a very worried low carber

Last edited by the_gould : Tue, Jun-07-11 at 04:04.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 13:23

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

The last few pounds take seemingly forever to lose on ANY diet, not just low carb. I think you should forget the scale and reweigh after surgery..then decide if you have more to lose.

Now is a great time to try maintenance. Figure out what it takes to maintain your loss...are you on Atkins?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 14:39

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
The last few pounds take seemingly forever to lose on ANY diet, not just low carb. I think you should forget the scale and reweigh after surgery..then decide if you have more to lose.

Now is a great time to try maintenance. Figure out what it takes to maintain your loss...are you on Atkins?

I have a appointment with the Dr tomorrow because i am now under 28 on my BMI . I am 26.6 so i will see him tomorrow. I am not 100% on the atkins diet. I started on the High Protein low carb diet and i use atkins as my guidline. i love it. I read up on how its important to eat enough fat and i feel that i have been avoiding it maybe this is the reason too?? so i have increased my fat intake and will lower my protein intake as well . what you think?