Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Indian LoCarbers everywhere

Hey everyone

I'm starting this new thread and everyone's invited to join in.I'm an Indian settled in west coast,would like to share my lo-carb journey with anyone who'd like to share some experiences and wisdom to motivate each other.

I understand that this WOL becomes easier and more fun if you have friends alongside who understand, and encourage you in reaching your goals.

i'll soon start my journal to maintain my day to day progress and welcome anyone who wants to stop by and join me.

Bye for now- catch y'all later.

Sandhya

Last edited by Sandhya : Wed, Dec-28-05 at 12:49. Reason: sp error
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 16:29

Plan: SB
Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Hi Sandhya! I just found your post and I would love to join you. By west coast, do you mean British Columbia? I live in Alberta and I belong to the Alberta Cuties thread where we all meet on a daily basis. I also am an Indian from India but I have been in Canada for most of my life. I started low carbing about 2 yrs. ago. I am not a very strict low carber as I do enjoy my fruits. I also watch my calories as I have entered menopause stage and I find losing weight is becoming harder. So tell me about yourself. Do you have kids?

I will be away tomorrow from work but I will check back on Monday. I do not have internet at home because we live in the country so internet would be very slow.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 14:58

BF:

Hey Jas,

Welcome to the forums, and this thread.This thread was basically started to reach out to all those Indians lo-carbing.I believe we share a similar lifestyle and therefore can help eachother with this WOL, sharing and discussing our diets, experiences etc.

Jas,I'm located in California, have been here for a cpl years now.I'm about 32 and have kids who go to elementary school.

I've been on Atkins before and found it almost impossible to continue then because of lack of knowledge abt the diet, inavailability of variety in terms of food and social pressure.But it was back then.Now i totally believe that Atkins works for EVERYONE, including me and its not just another diet but a way of life!

I havent lost much wt. but have lost a few inches all over (which keeps me happy) .Let me admit i never lost even this much while i was on other diets.I feel so much better,and my hunger pangs and food cravings have gone down!Earlier on all i could think of was food, now i have to remind myself to eat to keep my metabolism going.

I do'nt feel the need to rush myself into losing wt fast, so i'm on OWL, taking it easy n enjoying my veggies and chicken.

How's it going for you?Wander around and you'll find this forum a great place for all the information you need.I would suggest start writing your diet (if you are not already doing so).www.Fitday.com is a website most dieters use to record their diet plans.I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

If you like you can join us at the other thread for Indian lo-carbers too.You'll probably find more people there with whom you can interact.

So that's it for now.... Catch ya soon-HAPPY LO-CARBING !!!

Last edited by Sandhya : Mon, Jan-09-06 at 15:09.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 15:13

BF:

oops, i just noticed you already are a member , so you pretty much know your way around this forum.Pls disregard my previous message and share with us your experiences.
cheers !
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 10:26

BF:

over a 100 views and no messages !!! What's up? No Indian lo-carbers around? I don't believe that !!!